Sunnyhaze's Diary

Sunnyhaze

Hello everyone!

I've been thinking about starting a diary here for a few days and have finally got around to it. I've been reading other inspiring diaries here and thought I'd like to join in so that I can post about the wonders of being on a VLCD without anyone telling me it's dangerous or stupid and how I should be doing xyz diet instead... :)

So, what shall I tell you about me? Well, I'm 47 (eek, how the hell did that happen?), have a son in his second year at uni and I've been doing Cambridge since April 2017. I started out at 16st 6lbs and am now - as of this morning - 13st 3.8lbs (those decimal points are very important :D ). I have got as low as 12st 13.6lbs :banana_dancer: but have had a blip (actually a few blips :banghead: ) in the last few weeks where real food has dragged me back under its spell - probably because I'm a size 16 now instead of a size 22 and I feel much slimmer and the novelty's worn off. But many people start VLCDs at my current weight and height feeling enormous - so I know I still have much to do. I'd love to see 11st something before Christmas.

I'm an old hand at Cambridge, having lost a third of my body weight on it a decade ago and have probably tried every diet under the sun. Cambridge works for me, end of. Maintenance is going to be a huge challenge, methinks. Obviously I didn't manage that last time around - though did at least keep off some of the weight I lost. But I'll worry about that nearer the time... For now, I just need to stick to the plan!
My latest blip occurred earlier this week but I've been back on plan for 3 days now :thankyouthankyou:and will keep going until Tuesday. And then I'll need to reintroduce some food because next Friday, I'm off on holiday and I won't be packing Cambridge shakes in my suitcase. My aim is to not go bonkers while I'm away but I'm only human and probably will return with extra poundage.

That's why I thought I'd make my first post today - so that when I climb back aboard the wagon in about a fortnight's time, I'll have somewhere to whine about having to get back into ketosis. :)

If you've read this far, thank you - looking forward to getting to know you all x

Lol, hey Sunnyhaze,

Like your photo btw!! Very calming :) well done you :) you've done brilliantly, and superbly you've started you diary!!! Yayyyy...

Have a great holiday too, and you're right you're only human:)

xx

Thanks both xx

I know - I'm struggling to stay motivated with the holiday zooming up on me, but I've bought a load of clothes in a size 16 for it and if I quit now, they may be a bit clingy!

When I come off plan on Tuesday (weighing in with CWPC at 6.45pm) I'm going to try to keep it low carb until I get on the plane on Friday so I don't bloat up too quickly. Well, until I get to the airport maybe... :)

Been really achey today. Finally back in ketosis (my headache's gone and my mouth is drier than the Sahara) but my ribs and back are really tender. Not sure what that's all about. Hopefully better tomorrow. I won't be too late to bed. Will watch the X Factor and then hit the hay. Ah, it must be nearly Christmas, eh? The X Factor's back!

Sunday morning. So so quiet around here with my son having gone back to uni. Just me and the cat, who only really talks to me when she wants love or food. :D

Down another 1.2lbs, so that's 6lbs off since Thursday. I'll take that happily. :) 2 more weigh ins and I'll put the scales away until I get back from my holiday. And I won't weigh for several days after my holiday because I've learnt my lesson from the last time I flew a couple of weeks ago! Flying, no matter how short the flight, does funny things to the body, makes it retain water. And while I sort of knew that, my brain didn't react that well to seeing what it saw on those pesky instruments of measurement and I fell off the wagon. This time I'll be prepared!

Not sure what to do today. I need milk and cat food so may venture out to get those but other than that, I'm out of ideas. Maybe I'll fire up Netflix and have a boxset watching day... :)

Hope everyone else has good days x

Hey lovely Sunny,

I need to reply to you on my diary.. i have been a little busy as it's the last weekend before my daughter returns to school.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was no age at all, senseless!

I'm so happy you've got supportive friends around to go away with and in general. You sound like a real trouper, amazingly strong lady. I'm proud to meet your acquaintance Sunny xxxx and a huge hug xxxx

Now Sunny, it sounds like your back in the 12's well done. I've a bday coming up in a couple of weeks and like you, how the frig did I get here, still feel like 30!! Urgh at another 18 yrs !! Urghhh makes me shudder. I'm a single mum of one 12 almost 13year old girl, a 5 year old cat (4th so far in my life time) and two dogs!! Only small ones though, size of my cat. But they're like teddy bears.

I've had some protein and salad last two days step 2, gained a pound lol, but still in the 12's but urgghhh annoying, I will need to take into account I will gain just changing steps so body has to adjust each time ...

Hope you find a good boxset to watch. Last Sunday before school starts it's gonna be a day.

xxx

Wow you are doing really well!!
LOL, thank you, but it's just the weight I regained last week by troughing sweets, gluten free bread (yes, I have to be gluten free - I soooooo miss real bread but hey ho) and gluten free pasta. It was a right old carb fest. But it does prove that weight swiftly on is weight swiftly off.

Being gluten free is also a pain in that the only Cambridge products I can have are the tetras, the strawberry yogurt bar, the orange chewy bar, the malt toffee chewy bar and the chocolate chewy bar (not a fan of that one). My CWPC has almost got the hang of it now but still offers me other bars and shakes, and I'm like, "No, remember, I can't..."

But she's pretty good in most other ways so I'll let her off.

Hey lovely Sunny,

I need to reply to you on my diary.. i have been a little busy as it's the last weekend before my daughter returns to school.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was no age at all, senseless! I'm so happy you've got supportive friends around to go away with and in general. You sound like a real trouper, amazingly strong lady. I'm proud to meet your acquaintance Sunny xxxx and a huge hug xxxx

10 years older than me, so 56 at the time. Was a hell of a shock. Cancer - but so fast we never actually found out what sort of cancer it was. Went to the hospital for a scan, was admitted there and then and then we found out it was already in the lungs, liver, bowel - you name it. Died less than 3 weeks later. I was quite a mess for a long time, still am really, so not sure about the trouper bit if I'm honest. You do find out who your real friends are though when something like that happens, and it turns out they're often not the ones you expected to be there!

Thanks for the hug xx

Now Sunny, it sounds like your back in the 12's well done.

Not quite. 13st 2.6lbs this morning. But not bad, considering I was 13st 8.4lbs on Thursday!
I've a bday coming up in a couple of weeks and like you, how the frig did I get here, still feel like 30!! Urgh at another 18 yrs !! Urghhh makes me shudder. I'm a single mum of one 12 almost 13year old girl, a 5 year old cat (4th so far in my life time) and two dogs!! Only small ones though, size of my cat. But they're like teddy bears.

Aw. Would love a dog, but can't really do it, because I do a pretty long distance commute (2 hours each way) and it just wouldn't be fair. My cat gives me enough gip when I've left her to her own devices for a day. Think I'm going to need pictures of your pets!

Here's Polly:

IMG_1986.JPG

I've had some protein and salad last two days step 2, gained a pound lol, but still in the 12's but urgghhh annoying, I will need to take into account I will gain just changing steps so body has to adjust each time ...
I swear it gets harder as you start to feel better about yourself. That feeling you *must* be good just isn't as strong as you slim down. I've messed about a bit this last couple of months when I was perfect the first couple of months. But you'll find your mojo again. It can definitely be done.

Hope you find a good boxset to watch. Last Sunday before school starts it's gonna be a day.
I remember those days well! Hope it's not too mad a day. Xx

Last edited:
Lol,

Spent the day traipsing into Covent Garden, some Youtubers Zoella and a kid called Archie her did a pop up shop... cheap nasty clothing with a print which are worth no more than a fiver, selling for £25.00, and 50p phone covers for £10, totally ripping of kids actually am so cross how these poor kids are being targeted by these people... urghh, Soz for the rant, but they are really abusing their position...

Will find pictures of animals and post them ;)

Bless him, I had the same with my mum, lost her with in 2 weeks of being diagnosed with her second bout of the C. Grade 4 so frigging aggressive.

My daughters dad is a struggle, barely sees her but will use multiple excuses that it's not his fault, if I dare make a request of any kind eeeeyyy too stressing and toxic, so much better but sad he won't make the effort, but she's such a good girl, she gives me strength and really amazes me how kind, gentle and smart she is.

Soz for rant lol.:, tired xxx

Huge hugs xxx

Aww! Very cute. :)

Sorry to hear about the Covent Garden rip off. That's so annoying.

And sorry to hear about the battles with your daughter's father. That must be really tough. Gold star to you though - your daughter sounds fab so you're clearly doing a great job. xx

Hello all

Well, today's my last weigh in before going on holiday. I'm switching to low carb as from tomorrow, and quite possibly from this evening, depending on how I feel later!

My scales had me at 13st 1.2lbs today. So, today being 4 September and a Monday, that's 5 months since I started Cambridge this time, or 22 weeks, or 154 days. I've lost very nearly 47 pounds in that time (some of them more than once during the odd slip, but I won't count those!).

I was on fire from 3 April to mid June but the first anniversary of my hubbie's death made me wobble a bit, as did my son's 21st birthday 2 weeks later. But the main thing is that even though I've only lost around half a stone in total over the last 6 weeks or so, I haven't put any of those lost stones back on. And I'm claiming that as a major victory. :)

When I get back, I'm going to aim for 11st 5lbs by Christmas, as that will be my lowest weight in 20 years. I'll probably start back from over 13st 7lbs, but that's ok. I'll be looking at losing just over 2 stones in what, 12 or 13 weeks? Ought to be doable.

This can be done. This will be done. :D

I was just about to post a picture of my made from scratch low carb pizza (I was very proud of it and it was yum!) then remembered that would be cruel. :)

Fab news from official weigh in - I'm two pounds down on her scales. Made me very happy, even though I didn't quite make it back into the 12s on my scales.

So, low carbing until I fly out in Friday. This should be fun!

lol,

Ain't you one crazy lady. Thank you so much for all your help, got the booklet, can usually master all recipes, if can be bothered lol, I'm more of a cook by eye person with most dishes, but can follow recipes without killing them.

Anyway have a great holiday, actually feel like having a break, in the sense of low carb for a week.

I had a very small slice of home made Victoria sponge my daughter made with a friend, albeit Soph did most of it, her friend hasn't managed to do many home chores albeit she's one year above my daughter. My daughter just knows I'm not good with mess, eeeek, lol.

Anyway, I took a bite of a crisp made of lentil powder, it was pretty yuck, I had no more bites, tasted normal food this week, and realised I need to stick to clean eating. Processed foods are pretty gross...

Will try a cauliflower base pizza, keto recipes are my go to from now on.

Have a fab holiday lady. You frigging deserve it. Thanks for your time in posting and advice seriously appreciated.

Bfn

xxx

My pizza was made with a ground almond and egg base. :) I've tried the whole cauliflower thing before but I found it rank! :)

Thanks for the holiday wishes. Sooo looking forward to getting away from work for a few days!

Awe, I geddit!

Stay low carb lady! Have just changed my avatar. This was me at 43. Was a size 8 I think well dress was and fell off me... lost my mom six months prior.. so wasn't eating well.. but was mostly around the 126lb mark if not less... (changed avatar back to Ashley Grahame lol)

I doubled my weight in a year !!! :( :( :(

Saggy skin and no idea of portion issues anymore, seriously messed up.

On a better note had a last min weigh. 12 stone 13... this late let me be 2 lbs lighter in am :)

xxx

Last edited:
Back