Super filling breakfast cereals?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Honeyoc, 11 January 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Anyone have any ideas for super filling breakfast cereals? So far the only cereal that keeps me full until lunchtime is porridge. I just had some weetabix for breakfast so we'll see how that goes... Any ideas anyone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Aaleigha

Aaleigha Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.21%)
    Diet:
    slimming world all the way
    I add a lot of fruit to my cereals to help keep me feeling fuller for longer
    but I have to say porridge is a winner for me too

4. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Porridge just doesn't keep me going - think I am the only one. I try and have a banana with my breakfast everyday as I find that helps.

x

5. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Cereals make me hungry. I never have cereal for breakfast now. I find eggs keep me full till lunchtime. (sorry, not much help)

6. TeresaTT

TeresaTT Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(26.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually have a banana chopped up with my bite size shredded wheat in the mornings and that keeps me going for a while but I normally need to snack on an apple or something mid morning. The most filling breakfast is a good old cooked breakfast with eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and whatever else I've got. That will normally keep me going until well past lunchtime.

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love weetabix, but then have it with hot water and a bit of my milk allowance and make it like porridge. I also have fruit, especially banana in it and this keeps me going until lunch time....I do also enjoy bacon and poached eggs on toast with tomato sauce.

8. Relentless_Eating_Machine

Relentless_Eating_Machine Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st4lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(16.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi Honey - porridge doesnt fill me up for some reason I get terrible hunger pangs about 2 hours later!!
    However since I brought 2 KG of the stuff I am persisting - this morning I tried magic porridge with 28g oats and muller chocolate sprinkles with a banana on top - so far so good!!!!!

REM

9. Tia1976

Tia1976 Full Member

All Bran keeps me going til lunch. You get 42grams as a HE B choice. I let it soak and then chop some banana onto it. Much more filling that Weetabix and porridge for me

10. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

[​IMG]

i find this quite filling. you can have 42g and it's nice with a chopped banana, milk and sweetener.

just got some puffed wheat but not tried it yet.

i find cereal more filling of you add it to yogurt and chopped fruit rather than having it with milk.

11. Sorus

Sorus Going for it.

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Exante VLCD
    I need to eat some protein with every meal or I get hungry an hour later. So I've started having 2 boiled eggs with my shredded wheat - not all in the same bowl I might say - and I find that works well. Hasn't affected my weight loss either.

I know there's protein in milk but it is a miniscule amount!

12. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I copy the Hobbits...I have 2 breakfasts most days ;-)

My food diary only lists it at one, but I pretty much eat something before I leave for work at 6.30, but as lunch isn't until 11.30, I tend to have a second breakkie at about 8 o'clock too.

So today, I had two slices of toast at home and then a muller light and apple a little later.

I've tried to increase portion sizes at breakfast recently because I find it hard to eat a lot, but what I eat isn't huge as it is. So I've been trying to have an egg with toast (didn't have time today).

So, if you like cereal, have porridge at home and maybe take some fruit salad for later but before lunch?

x

13. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I love Kellogs All Bran made with hot water, it may sound awful but it's really nice and nutty plus it saves on the milk allowance, and 42g for a HEXB really fills me up especially as I like to slice a banana on top of it.

14. Yasmine

Yasmine One last chance

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.58%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife Lite
    Porridge does as everyone has said. Kellogs all bran is great and so's Alpen Original. Have it topped with sliced banana, berries and low fat yoghurt. Yummeh!

15. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I had this today and it filled me up like nothing else has done. I'd highly recommend it. :)

16. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Wow! Thanks so much for the great ideas guys! I had my weetabix this morning at about 8ish and didn't have lunch until 2 and wasn't starving hungry so that was a success! I'll try it again tomorrow with some sliced banana as well. And I will definitely give all-bran a go once I've chomped my way through the weetabix and bran flakes that I have. Its fun experimenting like this! Thanks again peeps! :D

17. scraggyanna

scraggyanna Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.06%)
    Hello,

I share your problem!

Looks like lots of good ideas. I normally have porridge or sultana bran then a banana mid morning as I still don't seem to be able to last until lunch time!!

18. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hi Scraggyanna, eggs keep me satisfied for the the longest period but I don't always have time to fry eggs before work which was why I thought of cereals! You're right about the great ideas, I can't wait to try them out. The weetabix really kept me going, and my mum swears by all-bran so we might be lucky there :D

19. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm with you on this one. if I eat breakfast of any description I am hungry for the next 4 hours or so. i usually have a banana about 10ish

20. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find weetabix with some warm milk and sliced banana in it is really filling.

21. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hi Britmum, I really want to try this weetabix + banana combo, sounds so good. I bought some bananas yesterday but they were green! So I'll have to wait a couple of days. Sigh.... Tried it with blueberries instead this morning and.... :9529:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.