super free

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fennerxo, 25 September 2011 Social URL.

1. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I understand the concept of having your plate 1/3 super free so you don't eat as much free, but what I don't get it, even when my plate is 1/3 super free I still eat the rest of my plate and never leave anything!!
    Even yesterday I had a punnet of strawberries before my meal and still ate the same amount that I would have eaten without the strawberries.
    Am I the only one :(? haha
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. laura4988

laura4988 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nope. This is why I don't actually bother sometimes. If I'm going to have a jp I just have the jp cause I'll eat it all whether I have salad or not! I know it's about staying fuller for longer too, but I'm going to have a piece of fruit snack with my brew at break anyway so I'm limiting what I'm eating by not having it!

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well it depends I guess. A few meals that have fixed sizes (eg chicken breast / fish & chips / toast etc) I am gonna eat the same amount regardless of whether I eat SF with/before it as that *is the size of* a chicken breast/fish/piece of toast.

This is one of the reasons it is not the best idea to have your superfree as *separate from* the meal on your plate (eg fruit before/after) as the portion of stuff on your plate doesn't change.

If you followed the rule properly you should only be filling you plate 2/3 full if you are eating the 1/3 superfree separately - if you want strawberries separately as your SF (whether before or after) then you should only be filling your plate 2/3 full. If you're not doing that it's not that youre "eating the same amount anyway", its that you're not following the plan properly - you're eating more than a plateful. More than you need.

5. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I had the strawberries before and still a third of my plate super free, I was just posting to see if any one else was the same haha x

6. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Sorry, i must be being stupid here cos I don't get what you mean.

You aren't supposed to eat superfree as well as the portion you would have eaten pre SW, you're supposed to eat it instead of.

So, for example, Pre SW a 500G pack of mince would serve me & my OH 1 meal. Now it serves us for 2 meals each, and I imagine as I loose more wieght and therefore need less food it will go even further.

So if you eat a punnet of Strawberries, and then have a full plate of dinner with no Superfree, thats not following plan as its recommended.

As Ermintrude says, if you don't have any superfree on your plate, don't fill your plate.

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Just out of interest, did you stop when you were full? A punnet of Strawberries would be enough to make me feel full I think.

8. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I was on here the other day and read a post where someone said you could eat your 1/3 superfree before your meal, so on saturday night I had a punnet of strawberries before my meal, I then had my meal which also contained 1/3 superfree and i still ate it all

9. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    i could eat and eat strawberries mmmm!!
    i was full when I had finished my meal yes :)

10. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Understood - but did you stop eating when you were full or did you just clear your plate cos thats what you've always done?? Not matter how healthy the food, if you eat too much of it you won't loose weight!

11. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I ate until I was full and that was when my plate was empty xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.