Super size me

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
Watched this last week i have it on dvd was just wondering if anyone else has seen it and if they thought it was any good makes a nice discussion i think,

if you haven't seen it it's basically about a guy who took on mcdonalds, he ate nothing but mcdonalds for breakfast dinner and tea for a month and it was crazy he gained a massive amount of weight became addicted to the sugar rushes and a doctor had to tell him to stop as his liver stopped working properly it all what you would expect basically lol after the documentary came out mcfdonalds started adding healthy choices to there menu, i just wondered were all of us stood on the subject, personally i'm in the camp of just cause it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it and people suing mcdonalds for making them fat seems a bit daft to me.

Yes I too have it on DVD. I think it's a brilliant experiment, very interesting

Really gets you thinking doesn't it i was shocked at how poorly he got though i think it's better to watch because he is so likeable aswell i love fast food but i think you have to know when to draw the line and i don't think it's anybody elses responsibility but your own when it comes down to it if mcdonalds was so bad then everybody would be obese i think it's good they started doing healthy stuff though means you don't have to get a big mac lol

Yeah but he gave them so many chances to talk to him and they kept fobbing him off. What have they got to hide?

it's all bad publicity isn't it they had just had that massive court case with the two obese girls , lets be fair i think at the end of the day we all know were not going to get any health benefits from tucking into a mcdonalds it's just common sense i thought it was ludicrous that someone could blame a restaurant for making them fat i know when i walk in there what i am eating is not healthy we all do XXX there press manager didn't handle it very well though your right but i don't think they were expecting it to be as big as it was

I think it's crazy to try and sue a fast food chain for being obese. Maybe I should sue Cadbury's!

It's like an alcoholic suing a brewery for making them an alcoholic or someone addicted to cigarettes suing the tobacco company. We all know that these things are addictive so why start in the first place....we take the chance that it won't happen to us or as in the case of alcohol we use it in moderation. I don't think there is any harm in anything so long as it is used in moderation. That goes for food, alcohol, drugs...everything.
The people who want to sue McDonalds are looking for someone to blame for the state of their health instead of taking a good hard look at themselves it's easier to blame McDonalds. either that or they're lazy and are after a quick buck....or maybe both :cool:

they did compare the legal case to that of people who sued cigarette companies and successfully recovered money because apparently they weren made well enough aware of the dangers! step in mcdonalds do they (or did they) make people aware of how bad the food was now i'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but i know when i'm smoking and i cough on a morningit's bad for me and i also know that if i eat too many big macs and start to put on weight that i probably shouldn be substituting water with strawberry icecreams, is junk food addictive is i think the big question and yeah i think it is but it's about penalties like banning cigarettes and making alcohol more expensive should everyone else be penalised because some people are more suseptable to addiction and lack of control!

To be fair, there are a lot of thick people around!

there was a story a few years back that made me really mad. a woman was trying to blame McDonalds and it's advertising for her 11 year old daughter being 13 stone! At 11 the mother should be controlling the bulk of her diet and should have just said no!

it just seems like madness to me! The kid thing is a tricky one ,at 11 they shouldn be sneaking off to mcdonalds by themselves but as they get older it's harder to control them, it's up to individuals to try teach there kids good eating but some kids just wanna eat crap i know as a teenager i ate rubbish constantly but i never put on weight because my metabolism was so fast, back to the point though which is... erm yeah taz your right lol

To be fair, there are a lot of thick people around!

pmsl Taz! You're right though...there are!

I'm often amazed at the lack of understanding about basic nutrition out there. I just don't get it. How can people not know that McDonalds = fattening and fruit and veg = healthy? Or that sitting in front of the telly or pc every night is not as good as getting some exercise (like kids playing out or going swimming or for a walk as a family - whatever!).
It's taught in schools, on the telly loads...how can people claim they don't know?
Ok so there are issues regarding background, what's passed down through families (eating habits and stuff)...

I don't mean to get on my soapbox. I'm not getting all Gillian about it, but it really does amaze me!

it don't think it's a case of not knowing more a case of not caring with some of them. all the gillians and jamies we can winge about as much as we want i think there a great thing people need educating infact not even educating shaming into looking after thereselves and there kids it's not just even a case of obesity it's heart disease diabetes if i watch one of those programmes i am alot less likel;y to be running to kfc the next day lol

Totally agree, I watch those programmes all the time and I think if there were more of them on TV so I could watch one a day I would b a lot thinner now! They really make you think. I think cable should have a diet channel!

i have seen it and its a great programm, as for suing maccies or breweries etc , we seem to be living in a so called nanny state, where its not your fault !! any problem seems to be able to be made aomeone elses responsibility. So if you go to maccies everyday its not because you have no self control, its the companies fault for selling it to you in the first place!!!!! how can that be right?

thoughtful and to the point Phil lol it is pretty grotty i have a theory bout mcdonalds they load it with so much salt it swells your stomache and they over carbonate the drinks so that when you finish eating your full up but give it ten your hungry again and your body is crashing cause of the rush so the first thing you think is mmmm more mcdonalds lol maybe it is a big conspiracy

Hi

I knew a guy that worked in the states for about a year in the Golden Arches global take over.... and he told me that the staff were told not to eat it,,,,,, and thats scary. And I tell you that not many staff actually do..........YUK YUK YUK.!!!!!

Phil xxx

it's just over processed but it tastes nice lol they have to be up to code with hygene and i know a girl that worked at one and she still eats them so i'm happy with that, there like the slag of snacks though aren they , i think maybe kfc is the worst.

Back