Super Slim Me: Mischief Special by Dawn Porter!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
In this Mischief special, writer and TV presenter Dawn Porter is on an all-consuming mission... can she shrink from her curvy UK size 12 figure to the much touted super-skinny Hollywood zero (UK size 4)? Surviving on a diet of just 500 calories a day (a quarter of the daily recommended amount for a woman!), she hunts down the stylists, designers and agencies who are responsible for making skinniness not only appear possible, but the ultimate goal for any dedicated follower of fashion...read more on the link below.

BBC - BBC THREE - Mischief: Super Slim Me

I watched this last night and it was thought provoking.

I know size 10 was the goal in my day and we are for better or worse influenced by the media... everyone wanted to be a size 10 or look like a Bond girl who always were curvaceous but never skinny.

Being too skinny was never seen as attractive....

Yet, the other day I heard a friend of mine sing the admiration for those who can wear a size zero.:eek: I was left speechless :(

I don't get this size zero.

Love Mini xxx

I know size 10 was the goal in my day and we are for better or worse influenced by the media... everyone wanted to be a size 10 or look like a Bond girl who always were curvaceous but never skinny.

Being too skinny was never seen as attractive....

Yet, the other day I heard a friend of mine sing the admiration for those who can wear a size zero.:eek: I was left speechless :(

I don't get this size zero.

Love Mini xxx

Me neither Mini.

When I was about 18 I was naturally a skinny size 10. Then I met and married my husband and went up to a curvy size 12.

Now my goal is to get back down to that curvy size 12 - I wouldn't even want to be a 10 - really it would not suit me! And anything less :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Back