Super speed soup

davytah

Seen this soup on a different website but thought I'd try it and share it.

4 carrots
2 parsnip
3 leeks
1 large onion
1 tin of green lentils
1 tin of mixed bean salad
1 tin of baked beans
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
Mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
chicken stock cubes
Tea spoon of very easy garlic.

Put everything in a big pot and let it boil and simmer away until the veg is cooked. Either leave chunky of blend.

P.s I have added 5 rashers of lean bacon with all the fat cut off for a bit of extra flavor.

Tasted it last night and it's lovely. I blended it I think a bit of pasta through it would go down a treat.

I've heard a few people mention super speed soup, is there an original recipe or is it just a case of throwing free veg in as u fancy? I'm a novice when it comes to soup! Cheers x

I've seen a few different variations of it too... I think what you say maybe right about all the free veg and just throwing it into a pot. The ingredients I have posted made a massive big pot- it's done me my wife the mother in law plus my parents. It's really tasty... One thing though, I blended it and the shell of the baked beans kept getting caught in the back of my throat so maybe next time I'll keep them chunky.

Linzimarie7 said:
I've heard a few people mention super speed soup, is there an original recipe or is it just a case of throwing free veg in as u fancy? I'm a novice when it comes to soup! Cheers x

The recipe listed is the 'original' speed soup :)

Seen this soup on a different website but thought I'd try it and share it.

4 carrots
2 parsnip
3 leeks
1 large onion
1 tin of green lentils
1 tin of mixed bean salad
1 tin of baked beans
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
Mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
chicken stock cubes
Tea spoon of very easy garlic.

Put everything in a big pot and let it boil and simmer away until the veg is cooked. Either leave chunky of blend.

P.s I have added 5 rashers of lean bacon with all the fat cut off for a bit of extra flavor.
Hi.. Thanks for the recipe... Just a few little Q's... When you say "tin of"... Do you mean 400g tins?? Q especially directed to baked beans... And how many stock cubes??

Dubchick81 said:
Hi.. Thanks for the recipe... Just a few little Q's... When you say "tin of"... Do you mean 400g tins?? Q especially directed to baked beans... And how many stock cubes??

I normally use the standard big tins, but it doesn't really matter-it's a 'throw it all in' soup anyway :)

thanks for sharing, im going to try this xxx

Back