Superfree Drink?

moideux

Just wondering if I could make up a vegetable drink (using a juicer) and have it before my meal, therefore talking in lots of superfree i.e. carrots, celery, tomatoes, beetroot, maybe broccoli and one apple. Any thoughts?
Thanks

I think juicing super free has a syn value because your bodies not taking in the bulk it needs to feel full as you would feel less full taking in juice than you would if it were whole, good idea but sorry not syn free i don't think

Just make soup? It still counts as superfree for some reason.

I think blending veg is ok, as it's not high in sugars. Blending/juicing fruit is a big no no and is synned, due to you losing fibre and drinking more than you would eat

I thought that only applied to fruit otherwise the superfree or any other blended soups would have syns? Maybe it's the same as with the abuse items, ok if it's part of a meal? So not sure sorry just trying to reason out loud :)

Glad about that as I used to enjoy a veggie juice, so will need to dig out my juicer as I'd forgotten I had it! I will make a carrot, celery & tomato juice with a dash of Worcester sauce.....delicious!

Just wondering if I could make up a vegetable drink (using a juicer) and have it before my meal, therefore talking in lots of superfree i.e. carrots, celery, tomatoes, beetroot, maybe broccoli and one apple. Any thoughts?
Thanks

you'd have to syn the apple, but other than that it seems fine!

blending/pureeing veggies is ok, i do it all the time, you just can't with fruit.

Thanks a mil for all those replies. :D Now off to trawl the net to find some nice veggie drinks.

Will post here after I've tried some.

Thanks xxx

Just thinking along the lines of food abuse, if you were juicing it then there isnt exactly a lot of substance (right word?) so yeah you are drinking superfree but it isnt filling you up so your still likely to go and then eat a plate with too much free food and the balance would be out. A drink made with blended veg would be a lot better as it will actually fill you up leading to taking in less free food. Its the same as SW suggesting having a small bowl of soup before a meal if the meal wouldnt go well with a 1/3 of super free.

Not an expert but thats the take I would have on it :)

xx

Back