Superfree Food

nilsac

Do you have to fill 1/3 plate with superfree food?

If you dont will you still lose weight?

I have 98% fat free noodles for dinner in work for covience. Am i right in thinking that i can eat this and still lose weight despite not filling a plate with superfree foods.

Thanks for helping

The idea is to use the superfree food to bulk up your meal and make you full. If 1/3 of your intake is made up of this then that is a substantial saving on calories and fat and you will be full and have steady blood sugar levels which will help you to avoid cravings and possible binges. Plus you will get all of your nutrients.

It's a vital part of the plan.

Could you not add a bit of salad?

If you struggle with the 1/3rd superfree rule on a day you take the noodles for lunch, you could swap to a green day that day. The more superfree you have though, the better really. :)

How about pre roasting some veg and then adding it to your super noodles while they are cooking? Or have a piece of fruit before hand?

Lolacola83 said:
If i was having a lunch like that i would buy some fruit or make a fruit salad to eat after it so i would feel full :) hope this helps x

That's not the point of superfree. You are supposed to eat it instead of other foods, not in addition to them. It's just extra calories for the sake of it.

Yes, I think if on ee and not got any superfree on your plate youre supposed to start with a salad or bowl of fruit the idea being to exercise portion control. :)

That's not the point of superfree. You are supposed to eat it instead of other foods, not in addition to them. It's just extra calories for the sake of it.

The majority of the time i have my superfree with my meal but sometimes im in a rush and have ... for example a mugshot for lunch but i make sure i have some fruit after cos i am still hungry after eating a mugshot!

Lolacola83 said:
The majority of the time i have my superfree with my meal but sometimes im in a rush and have ... for example a mugshot for lunch but i make sure i have some fruit after cos i am still hungry after eating a mugshot!

The thing that Kingsled was trying to point out us that the purpose of superfree is not to have fruit after for the sake of it tho! If you are hungry then fine, but not just having it 'to make sure you get your superfree in'

The thing that Kingsled was trying to point out us that the purpose of superfree is not to have fruit after for the sake of it tho! If you are hungry then fine, but not just having it 'to make sure you get your superfree in'

Thats what i had pointed out that i would be hungry after the meal so i would eat fruit after, i never would eat for the sake of it.

In reality, the 1/3rd superfree is a recommendation rather than a rule, so some people can get away without it sometimes - I'm not one of them :( but I love all veg except Peas & Fennel so I don't mind :)

Hi all, just wondering if I put loads of sf veg into a dish while cooking it,eg spaghetti Bol, cottage pie, stir fry etc does it count as 1/3 sf per meal or do I need to have a separate serving aswell?

Hi all, just wondering if I put loads of sf veg into a dish while cooking it,eg spaghetti Bol, cottage pie, stir fry etc does it count as 1/3 sf per meal or do I need to have a separate serving aswell?

Superfree can be part of a meal whether you have it on the side of your plate/after your main meal or if it is combined into your dish. As long as you have some superfree then that's brill :)

Things like spag Bol, chilli, cottage pie, lasagne, stew, casserole are all great meals to get your superfree in :) xxx

Superfree can be part of a meal whether you have it on the side of your plate/after your main meal or if it is combined into your dish. As long as you have some superfree then that's brill :)

Things like spag Bol, chilli, cottage pie, lasagne, stew, casserole are all great meals to get your superfree in :) xxx

Cheers Mrs WC:D

Our c does recomend that if you have a meal with little superfree in it, to ensure you have your 1/3rd superfree during the meal, you have a bowl of salad or fruit before your meal so you are a little full thus exercising portion control. :)

Back