Extra Easy Superfree struggle

Anna*

Hi, I'm back after 2 years off plan and a gain of nearly 3 stone. When I first started I used to use green days and lost almost 6 and got to target. Now I'm back and trying the EE and really struggle to add the superfree to my meals does anyone have any favourites that they use regularly? I keep mixing up superspeed and superfree. Really want to keep to it and loose the weight again but keep to plan after, so any help would be brilliant! :eek:) thanks in advance xx

Hello, I am Anna too!

I used to do SW around 10 years ago when it was 'old school' red and green days only. I started again August last year after gaining 3 stone after having a baby and got introduced to the extra easy. As I was old school I couldn't get my head around extra easy and there was no way I could do 1/3 plate every meal with super free (I like big bowls of pasta too much!) so I decided not to do extra easy at all and keep to red and green, and now I am 2 stone lighter.

Why don't you stick to red / green if you knew it worked for you before?

Good luck and hope you find some receipes if you do stick with EE.

Anna xx

Hi Anna,
I took did SW as Red and Green, and i struggle a bit with the superfree.

At the moment i am trying to make sure i have a basic salad (or more exciting if i have time) of lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes with my lunch. Even if the lunch doesn't really call for a salad/superfree i just have one on the side. For dinners, i try to either use more salad to fill at least 1/3 of the plate or have a selection of veg which fill the space. I also try to follow my meals with a piece or 2 of fruit!

I hope this helps :) Good luck :)

Hi Anna, sorry to hear that you're struggling.

With Extra Easy, as long as 1/3 of your meal is SuperFree, you'll be fine. This doesn't have to be a pile of veg on your plate alongside your meal - you could incorporate it into your meal. For example whta about pasta and homemade sauce - for the sauce you could use chopped tomatoes and bulk it out with mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc. Anything you like! You can do this with lots of things - curry, bolognese, chili, etc.

If you're looking for something a bit more exciting, but still packed with SuperFree, what about SW style pizzas. I make mine with Weight Watchers tortilla wraps (5 Syns each). Simply top with Passatta and any SuperFree veg you like: onion, peppers, mushroom, tomato, etc. Then sprinkle with your Healthy Extra allowance of cheese, and pop in the oven for 10 minutes or so.

I'm sure once you try out a few different ideas you'll soon get the hang of things. Hope this helps a bit, good luck xx

Thanks guys, I think my fall back plan will have to be going back to green days, I just love the thought of having both carbs and meat. To be honest I am a huge salad dodger I can only eat it when it's absolutely smothered in thousand island! Maybe if make sure theres plenty of sauce in the meal to cover the salad! Haha :) I tried the diet coke chicken last night and I love it! :) x

I ALWAYS struggle with my superfree and has been a massive bone of contention in my food diaries. The idea behind the superfree is to limit your intake of of free food and syns (even though free food is free it's still about moderation) so I tend to make sure I always have apples and things around so when I fancy a snack I can have fruit and my evening meal is almost always something like curry or bolognaise etc which I put onion or mushroom or peppers or something in. It's not the best way to do it but I worked out that approximately 1/3 of what I eat overall is superfree and if I eat free food and still feel hungry I'll have an apple before having second helpings of free food.
As I say, it's not ideal and some may give me a telling off on here for it but it's worked for me and I still manage to lose when I'm on plan but I also know that it is essentially a tweak so if my losses slow down it's where I will start to adapt the plan.

Just had another though of a meal idea which contains quite a bit of "hidden" SuperFree..Fajitas! They're perfect as they're full of lots of yummy peppers and onions. You could even make your own salsa to put in them with tomato, onion, peppers and chilli.

Like you said, if all else fails you can go back to your green days - at least you know from experience that they work for you :) xx

I ALWAYS struggle with my superfree and has been a massive bone of contention in my food diaries. The idea behind the superfree is to limit your intake of of free food and syns (even though free food is free it's still about moderation) so I tend to make sure I always have apples and things around so when I fancy a snack I can have fruit and my evening meal is almost always something like curry or bolognaise etc which I put onion or mushroom or peppers or something in. It's not the best way to do it but I worked out that approximately 1/3 of what I eat overall is superfree and if I eat free food and still feel hungry I'll have an apple before having second helpings of free food.
As I say, it's not ideal and some may give me a telling off on here for it but it's worked for me and I still manage to lose when I'm on plan but I also know that it is essentially a tweak so if my losses slow down it's where I will start to adapt the plan.

I do the same. Usually, breakfast and lunch is about 1/2 superfree, so if I don't do 1/3 superfree with my dinner, I don't worry. And I lost weight consistently. (I'll be starting again next week!!)

Don't forget the old stand-by of superfree soup!!! On the recipe thread, there are lots of recipes for soups, many of which are superfree. If your meal doesn't call for veg on the side (ie. fish, chips and mushy peas!!) or you think that salad is just for people on diets (or rabbits,... or to make the plate look pretty!!) then you could always have a small bowl of soup before your meal.

I tend to use mushrooms and tomatoes with my big breakfasts (this morning i didnt have either so had honeydew melon after), a big handfull of cheap mixed salad or steamfresh veg with lunch and cabbage, broccoli or spinach with dinner, it doesn't always seem like it'll work but usually does (cabbage with curry and rice anyone?)

If I am having a snack I'll just make myself have an apple or banana with it.

HTH

I make stews, casseroles, curries, soups nearly every day, you can stick a squillion superfrees in there and not notice depending how you cut/cook/whizz them :) I manage celery now :D and have even been known to fit an a*b*rgine or c*urg*tte in there! :9529: ;) Check out my diary here if you want some ideas, most stuff can be adapted to stuff you like/can handle if its not your sort of thing. :)

Another old school red girl giving extra easy a go here.

A good one I've found is to add super free to your mash if you like comfort food or roasts with the following ....

Squash
Carrots
Celeriac
Turnip

All great mashed together, add some broccoli, green beans and your meat and you're loaded with super free.

I had the above mash left over the other day, added some stock and herbs, super free soup!

I'm shocking at eating fruit so concentrate on my veg intake.

just started sw and on ee plan but gettin a little confused! r u suppossed to have ure plate 1/3 superfree foods then u can have free foods super speed etc

Hi yet another old school girl here! Been back to S W for 12 months now, and at target. Could not get on with EE, its just not for everyone even though they really only promote this plan. I decided to go back to red and green, and have lost 2.5stone and as I said at target. No point if you really struggle as you know the other plans work for you. Happy slimming, S W Rocks

I did SW before falling pregnant and started on EE, but found I like Green days more at the time. Im now back as I was putting on weight that was chocolate & junk & not baby, but this time in doing EE. I tend to live off salad, even if its only a side salad. I also "Load" things, which is basicaly just Mushrooms, Peppers & onions added to stuff, like baked beans, fried off in fry light yumm yumm, I also add this to my salads for a nice kick. Makes a lovely jacket spud fried off with chopped backon. If I fancy a meal thats not got 1/3 like say fish & Chips, ill have fruit before I start the meal so I dont need as many chips and would eat my mushy peas first. If im having cerials for brekki, I will grate an apple over it, thats lovely and would count as 1/3.

My current favourte meal is Pizza salad & Chips. I use my HexB WW Bread & "load" it add tomatoe puree on the base and some herbs and spices, top it off with my HexA allowance and grill. Its lovely very filling.

thanks fairy 3853 any advice and tips would b greatly appreciated im a nurse so have to work all different shifts 13hours day duties plus night duties{which is a bit of a pain } when tryin to plan what to take to work

What about salads, you cant go wrong with salads, Make some free "loaded" savoury rice and add a bit of chopped ham or tuna for your protein, you could make a big and i mean big tub of it and have it for lunch and also snacks if your sick of fruit. You could also do this with cous-cous salad & pasta and there just so filling. Im kind of a stodge addict and if I dont get my stodge I dont feel full/sattisfied. Thed mug shots are also great if you fancy something warm at work. Just prepare some "loaded" and take it with you and add it to the mug shot for your meal its lovely, satisfiying and contains 1/3 if you load it enough, maybe finish it off with a fruit salad & yogurt for something sweet

I dry fry lean bacon add onions,mushrooms and mixed peppers then fry it all,then mix with cooked pasta. Great hot or cold and fab for pack ups. You can also sprinkle cheese on tops as a hea.

For normal meals I always keep a bag of 'mixed veg' already prepared from the supermarket-quick and easy to boil up a portion to add to my meals xx

For breakfast this morning I had shreaded wheat fruitful (blueberry abd blackcurrant one) and added a chopped banana and fresh blueberries to it and had it with milk. I've used my HEA and HEB and it was well over 1/3 superfree and really tasty.

For lunch I have made minestrone soup and I have loads of veggies in it.

Dinner will be the Salmon and pesto mash recipe from the latest magazine and so it has the 1/3 superfree built in. The magazine has great ideas and the thinking is all done for you.

I find breakfast the hardest meal to add superfree to. I am always on the lookout for ideas with this.

I find breakfast the hardest meal to add superfree to. I am always on the lookout for ideas with this.

How about an omlette with chopped onion, and peppers, a sprinkle of cheese and some chopped up bacon. You can then top up the superfree with an apple or banana afterward.

Back