Supermarket revelation!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sylvielove, 1 September 2008 Social URL.

1. sylvielove

sylvielove Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(35.65%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet and gastric band
    I do my weekly shop on a monday in Sainsburys. Well this week I was only shopping for my 2 kids as I obviously have my meals for the week.

My bill came to £32.48. I usually spend over a hundred quid a week. This was good and bad. Good that I had saved so much and bad that the bulk on of my spend is usually all the rubbish I eat. Included was all my non-food items as well.

I'm chuffed!! :)

Laura x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    well done - just shows you how much we dont really need hey?!

good luck on your cd journey! xx

4. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    its amazing what rubbish we add to our trolley for our treats etc... i have noticed the difference only spending £35 at sainsburys for OH and daughter then £10-£15 at butchers for them... x

5. hanloje

hanloje Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Varies!
    Must admit, that's the reason I picked SS, thinking if I'm only having my mealpacks £36 ish a week isn't so bad, and we got DH's shoppping this week for £35 so that was a cheaper week than normal!!!!

6. sylvielove

sylvielove Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(35.65%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet and gastric band
    The best of it is that as I have a band I don't even eat meat, bread, pasta etc etc so all that money was basically going on ingredients to make the most fattening soups you've ever seen, chocolate, cream, ice-cream, wine..... you get the picture LOL

Even taking the cost of CD into consideration I saved around 40 quid. If I could do that every week I'd be a very happy bunny :)

Thanks for your replies guys.

Laura x

7. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Mines been a lot cheaper as well!

8. Percy greenfingers

Percy greenfingers Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Mine to, my son left home and joined the RAF so that helped. Most of my cash goes on pack lunch for OH and youngest son......

9. Big Bird

Big Bird Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Must also say i have been spending less, hard to accept that it was me buying it and eating 95% of it !!!

10. nightpaz

nightpaz Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    vlcd
    Hi ive also noticed a big difference in my shopping bill, bout £50 :eek:, but now the kids know i have extra money they have asked for a raise in their pocket money!!! Cheek lol xx:D

11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

same here we have noticed a huge difference since i stopped eating crap!! normal weekly shop in tesco about 110/120 euro!!! not including 1 sometimes two takeaways at the weekend!!

Bf usually has his dinner durig the day so its just the little one to feed really. down to about 50euro a week. but then i spend 73.50 on my shakes so not really saving anything!! but still!!

12. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

It's great, I can spend my wages on new (smaller) clothes instead of sweets etc :D

I noticed when I was in Sainsbury's, looking at cooked chicken for my salads, that their 'healthy' cooked chicken had MORE fat/salt than their normal stuff! :confused:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.