Supermarket v Butchers

Bought some steaks and chicken from butchers today! Expensive but hopefully better for Dukan and better tasting!! Anyone else deviated away from supermarkets?

I've never bought my meat or fish from the supermarket, just don't trust them and I like to know my meat has led a healthy contented life and a quick pain free death (including not travelling for hours on the back of a lorry before it meets its demise) before it ended up on my plate. Doesn't work out cheap (especially now) but its only me and I'm happy make compromises everywhere else to make up for it.

Last edited:
I love my butcher - and I find that the meat is priced much less. I appreciate fresh food at any cost!!! I actually make several stops instead of one at the supermarket - in order to get the best and best prices!

I keep wanting to go to the local butchers.
Think im going to start going there once a week. :)
Also found out when our local market is, im sure they have a good range too.

A good butchers is a god send - sadly not having much luck finding 'the one' and so often have paid a lot for what I hope will be a lovely steak only to be sadly disappointed - best so far has been our local farm shop so I treat myself to their meat as often as I can but boy it is pricey!

being so rural there are very little in the way of any kind of shops round here so I HAVE to buy in the supermarket....Ive been trying to find companys that deliver meat boxes up here but no luck so far and ive not seen any signs for farmers markets :(

Back