Supplements While On Lipotrim

MYK_22

Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I understand that while on Lipotrim it is meant to be lipotrim and nothing else. From looking at the way ketosis works, and also realising that the VLC aspect is important, I was curious as to weather it would be possible to supplement something like "Thermobol" which is a fat burner, it contains no calories and no carbohydrates from what i can gather. If this is the case then surely it would not effect the ketosis aspect of the diet, and also would not effect the calorie restrictions in the diet.

Anyone know if this would be ok to do?

Thanks!

Oooo or CLA the fat burner/toner tablets??
I'm interested in this!

Good thread!:D

i wouldnt risk doing anything like that - ur body is burning enough fat just by being on just over 400cals a day.

Be patient - you will lose significantly on lipo - you dont need anything extra

Yeah, I have a batch of the CLA here as well :D

Was a bit unsure if that would be suitable as it is just a fat. But can't see why it would be a problem as every other ketogenic diet that I've seen recomends low to zero carbs and high fat/protein intake.

I know that lipotrim is slightly different in the way that it works, but from looking at what its actually made up of, but only in the sense that it is supposedly nutritionally complete.

Also, you are able to take "other medication" while on lipotrim, so I'm guessing that suplpementing something like thermobol into the mix would be ok....

lipotrim is a low calorie low fat diet - thats why the weight loss results are so good. I still wouldnt risk it - but inevitably the decision is in your hands.

on a side note, i did lipo 18 months ago and during my 5 months on it i had a viral infection and was given anti-biotics to take over a 5 day period - that week i didnt lose any weight at all - the pharmacist told me that he doesnt know why it happens but anti-bs can make your weightloss stall.

So the taking other medication thing you said - isnt completely accurate - just thought i would mention it.

As i said - up to you if you want to risk it - let us know what happens

Last edited:
I can understand what your saying with the medication, but people who are taking blood pressure medication, beta blockers, cholesterol medication and others all have shown results on lipotrim.

The fat burners I'm refering to have no calories, no fat content, and simply contain natural promoters of fat burning while giving energy. I think I may wait a while before giving them a try, once ketosis kicks in I may feel different, but getting up at the moment and going for a workout seems to be a fain (but heck its only day 2 for me! haha)

Day 2 for me too MYK :D
And we're already getting ahead of ourselves haha!
Better than being unmotivated i suppose :/

I would not bother with any fat burning supplements while on LT. These rely on binding to the fat you are consuming. On TFR you ain't gonna have any fat!
You will average a stone a month if you stick to the rules i.e. shakes and 3 ltrs of water a day. LT has all the necessary nutrition we need.
Some people on here take extra vitamins as they have been in the habit of doing that before LT. lots of luck

I agree with ya both that fat burners aren't nessisary, however, CLA, from what I know-are more toners?
So i'd be more open to them?
I think i'll wait till maintainance though cos i'm a scaredy cat!

Fat burners dont bind to any fat.... They mobilise and burn fat. Basically encouraging your body to burn more fat but not binding to it...

Most fat burners actually have a thermogenic effect on the body, increasing the bodies temperature meaning that the body has to work to cool it down, this in turn causes a burning of more calories.

Guess I'll leave it for a while yet though!

Hello Girls
Im only new on here and hope i dont sound dumd but what is CLA?
Will ask tomorrow but is it ok to take painkillers while on Lipotrim? Just i have a sore back and at times can be unbearable!!
Starting tomorrow!!
God im so excited!! Cant wait...

Painkillers are allowed, nurofen plus is so handy for headaches etc!
CLA is this fat toning stuff, god i dunno how to explain it sorry?!
Anyone able to help?

Just a quick word of advice if you do decide to take these make sure they don't have an enteric coating (will say on the pack) because this is basically a sugar coating to make the tablet easier to digest and will almost certainly knock some people out of ketosis, undoing all your hard work.

Same goes for any painkillers. If it's got a shiny coating, chances are it's enteric. I personally go for capsules which are just gelatin. However, taking the odd one or two should be fine, but you have to take CLA and Thermobol everyday, and thats where the danger of coming out of ketosis lies.

CLA - Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is a completely natural fatty acid found in dairy produce and some meats. Each CLA-1000 capsule contains a whopping 622mg of the finest Tonalin® CLA, which is a highly purified form of CLA, making it one of the best fat burning pills on the market. CLA-1000® is enriched with vitamin E to avoid oxidisation and keep them as potent and fresh as possible. (Thats details from the maximuscle site).

Also if you google CLA then you find a lot of positive information when it comes to loosing weight. Obviously not a miracle cure, but a contributer, similar in effect with omega 3.

Similarly, Thermobol is a thermogenic weight loss supplement, containing active ingredients that promote fat burning, they do not bind to fat, and simply promotes our body into burning caleries. Again, this is not a miracle pill. It simply adds a bit more energy to the usual regime.

Neither of these (as far as i can see) contain any sugar, the coating is a kind of "see through palsticy looking thing" which im assuming is gelatine, but it is suitable for vegetarians... So unsure what it could be to be honest!

From what i can see the thermobol contains no carbohydrates, and no calories. Therefore I cant see it being a problem on a ketogenic diet. On a side note, even a relatively small ammount of carbohydrates wouldnt kick you out of ketosis. Most ketogenic diets would be impossible to follow if there where 0 carb allowances as most food has some in. Anything less than 5g of carbs shouldnt be a problem.

BUT PLEASE BE AWARE

Different people react differently to ketosis. There are some lucky people out there who can eat a large ammount of carbs and still stay in ketosis. With this diet the zero carb rule is enforced to ensure that you dont get out of ketosis. So for one person to take a pain killer and get out of ketosis, another might and be able to stay in no problem.

From what i can see looking in tesco and things from previous keto diets the best pills to get are the cheap home brands. They generally dont come in the shiny form and are cheap because of the lack of sugar. Everyone wins! :D

From what i can see the thermobol contains no carbohydrates, and no calories. Therefore I cant see it being a problem on a ketogenic diet. On a side note, even a relatively small ammount of carbohydrates wouldnt kick you out of ketosis. Most ketogenic diets would be impossible to follow if there where 0 carb allowances as most food has some in. Anything less than 5g of carbs shouldnt be a problem.

BUT PLEASE BE AWARE

Different people react differently to ketosis. There are some lucky people out there who can eat a large ammount of carbs and still stay in ketosis. With this diet the zero carb rule is enforced to ensure that you dont get out of ketosis. So for one person to take a pain killer and get out of ketosis, another might and be able to stay in no problem.

From what i can see looking in tesco and things from previous keto diets the best pills to get are the cheap home brands. They generally dont come in the shiny form and are cheap because of the lack of sugar. Everyone wins! :D

I'm one of the lucky ones that once in ketosis it takes quite a lot to kick me out of it, but some people like my CDC are really sensitive. The whole thing is just trial and error and like you say what works for some doesn't for others.

If you do decide to go for it, let me know how you get on cos I'm up for trying anything that'll boost my losses and make this a shorter journey.

Once I know I'm in ketosis (I'll check with ketosticks and can usually tell) I'll give them a try for a few days and check back with the ketosticks. As long as I'm still in ketosis I'll stick with them. They arent adding any extra calories, so can't see it being too much of a problem...

But I'm willing to be the guinea pig seen as though I'm new here. haha

Yay!!! Thanks MYK, could be a very interesting experiment! Your reasoning seems fine, no carbs, no fat, no probs lol. You could be starting a whole new diet revolution. Good luck!!

I'm pretty clued up on different diets and nutrition, but was wondering if there where any "experts" who may know any more. lol.

I'm going to start the thermobol tommorow after hearing back from maximuscle (even though its 18:00 on a sunday night!!) and them saying that the formulae contains:

Carbs 0
Protein 0
Calories 0
Fats 0

So pretty confident that it wont kick me out of ketosis, or do any harm as a supplement. :)

Right. I've taken three thermobol today. Zero carbs, zero calories. I'm on my third day of lipotrim.

Bit of advice for anyone thinking about this... Termobol isn't the best fat burner out there. There are several different types that I've tried (trying to cut body fat percentages to get the ab's showing). In my opinion MX-LS7 is the best, but, they keep me awake at night and make me slightly jittery (due to a high caffeine content). Thermobol doesnt give me any negative side effects, so I stick with it as it's easily available, slightly expensive but not too bad when bought off certain auction sites, easy to swallow, and not too high in caffeine.

So far I haven't noticed being in or out of ketosis. So. Wednesday will probably be my ketostix day. Will test to make sure that I'm still in. Then saturday I'll post my losses for the week on my weigh in. I have been weighing myself every day, but only going to keep a record once a week, though i must say that sofar I'm impressed.

If anyone is wondering anything about fat burners, or using them on a ketogenic diet (or even this plan) then feel free to ask after wednesday when I know I'm in ketosis.

Hope this helps people out there! :D

Back