Support needed!!

Spookess

Hi all!
Hope you all had a brilliant christmas.

I haven't done SW for about a year and since stopping i have inevitably gained weight! I got into baking in a big way and of course i couldn't not eat what i made!

I have decided that i am going to get back on the SW track from 1st January (no point starting now as have a few family get togethers that involve repeats of the christmas dinners - without the turkey - and the mother in law always goes mad with the tins of sweets so i have to get through those first! :17729:).
I always look forward to starting SW again because i know it works, the problem is that i soon lose focus because by the time i get home from work i can't be bothered cooking something different to the rest of the family so end up having Pasta n Sauce which soon gets very boring!
Thanks to my dad i now have a halogen oven which is A-MAZE-ING! I have just made roasted parsnip and carrot soup in it which is nom nom! It is a digital one which means that i can set it to delay start and can also use it as a slow cooker. This should help me with the cooking (and it also makes brilliant SW chips in no time!) so i am hoping i will be able to stick to it this time.
I think though, as i am doing SW from home, that i will need some support from other SWers. I think it is important to have people who are in the same position so you can rant to each other about any failings, winge about any gains and brag about any losses.
If anyone wants to help me (or should that be help each other?!?) my starting stats are:

Height - 5' 5"
Weight - approx 12 stone (won't get the exact weight until i weigh in on the Wii Fit on 1st January)
I also cannot do much in the way of excercise due to an ongoing knee problem on which i will be having my 6th surgery at the end of January.

Let me know if you can help me and i will do my best to help you in return (i have done SW a few times now so am pretty clued up on the 'rules' and have a fair few books too).

Look forward to hearing from you!
:help2::sign0163:
K

Hi, I will be rejoining next week after 3 months off in which i have gained 1 stone. I am quite embarrassed tbh cos up till that point i was a consultant, so now i feel like i am going to face a firing squad but on the other hand i am looking forward to being a member again!!
Being a consultant certainly kept me on track, so you can contact me anytime for any help you need. I too now how hard it is sometimes. If you want to contact me on facebook you can do that aswell. Adele Butler).

Good luck!!

Hello and welcome!

You have another halogen oven fan here! We bought one about 10 months ago and I don't think we've used our double oven since, it's fab and far more economical

Good luck with your journey... We are a similar hight and I was 11st 12.5lbs when I started and I'm now under my target at 9st 4.5lb x

Hi all I'm in the same boat too, in need in a big kick up the backside to get this sorted!!! Had to buy size16 jeans again last week as none of mine fit me anymore!! gonna start 2nd jan as it would not be realistic to say i will get on track straight away!! I would love to have some slimming buddies to motivate with!! I have put on around 1 1/2 stone again!! looking forward to the challenge now!!! need to feel healthy again!

Could I join too for the support?!? Any help is needed right now--I've avoided the gym for 2 months, stopped following plan--so obviously the weights coming back & I can't seem to shift myself to shift it! :(
Help!!xx

:welcome2:Thanks for the responses!!
Ok, to respond in order;

Adele - thanks for the facebook offer. I will have a look for you next time i go on it (Karen Fox). Don't be embarrassed about your gain, i think i have gained more than that since i stopped doing it! Being a consultant shouldn't make a difference! You are still human and when the chocolate, or whatever your poison is, calls you sometimes just have to answer!

Becky - Glad there is another Halogen person on here. I am looking forward to sharing recipes with you! I have 2 halogen recipe books on the way from amazon so hopefully we will be able to exchange some soon. Congratulations on getting below target!! I don't know what my target is going to be yet. I think i am better off setting mini targets for now and will be trying to talk the hubby into buying me a little something when i reach each one as an extra insentive! :gimi: ha ha

Lizzie - we sound like we are both in the same boat, i think that i have gained about the same amount but until i finally get brave enough to face the scales i have no idea how much i have actually put on! :scale: I got into size 14's for the first time in about 10 years when i last did SW and they are getting rather snug now but i really don't want to go a size bigger because i think, for me personally, that will make me be lazy with the 'diet' because i will then have clothes that fit. I have loads of nice clothes with the tags still on that i really want to get into!

Love2bSlim - No request needed, i accept all comers lol. Hopefully we can all support each other as it seems that we are all in the same boat. Virtual kick up the arse on it's way to you now.... :asskick:. I would appreciate one in return! :gen144:

So, welcome all :grouphugg: and as you can tell, i like Smilies!! :silly:

It's a really good idea to break it down into mini targets, I had milestones that I wanted to achieve. Now that I've achieved my actual target I'm in two minds about lowering it slightly

Good luck honey and happy halogen cooking!

Thanks Becky. Think i am going to go 1/2 a stone loss for each mini target until i get down to what i think is right for me. Can never seem to pass the 11st mark though! If i get down into the 10s i think i might pass out! :faint2:

Sometimes when you take your eye off the ball it rolls away, deciding to pick it up is the first step in taking control. Well done for making the decision and thanks for mini review on halogen oven, will look into it.

Spookess said:
Thanks Becky. Think i am going to go 1/2 a stone loss for each mini target until i get down to what i think is right for me. Can never seem to pass the 11st mark though! If i get down into the 10s i think i might pass out! :faint2:

Ha ha, that's what I said about the 9's!! I think I need to have a word with myself now!

"Love2bSlim - No request needed, i accept all comers lol. Hopefully we can all support each other as it seems that we are all in the same boat. Virtual kick up the arse on it's way to you now...."

Thank you for the virtual kick up the bum--I accept it and I totally take it on bored!! :)
Thanks for the support!

Becky, Looking at your losses on your signature i am now going to have a spy at your food diary and may have to adopt it as my own, especially if i can lose 7.5lb in my first week too!! :innocent0001:

Feel free, It would be nice to have someone to comment on it every now and then! I think I've been doing the diary on and off for a year however I have properly been at group and on plan for about 6 months now.

Sometimes I feel like im rambling away to myself so I stop doing it and then somebody will come along and comment so I start it up again!

Becky, i noticed from your food diary that you do a lot of home made soups. Any recipes you can send me? Any in the good ol halogen would be great too! :)

Spookess said:
Becky - do all varieties of Oat So Simple have the same syn value? are they still counted as a B section?

It's only the original one the is free, all the others have syns

Hey Spookess thanks for the pep talk, think that is all it take sometimes to make you want to change!! Gonna join my local slimming world club next weds, I tried to convince myself I could do it alone but no chance!! It's a great achievement to loose the weight, but to find the right mind to keep it off takes sooo much more willpower! I am the same I have not weighed myself yet, dreading it big time!! But oh well at least if we are nipping it in the bud now we arnt just right back at the start of our dieting journey!! :booboo::booboo::booboo:

My 5 year old foster child said :bolt: "right tomorrow you are gonna jog up and down the road as soon as you get up!!!" lol my own little personal trainer!!! :):):):)

Back