Supportive family.

suzie84

I all just a quick moan really. Every time I start a diet my partner feels the need to moan. Hence my constant stop n start regime. However after finding out I've lost a stone 3 since November (without even dieting) I'm 100 % committed to the RC diet!! I've got everything in place and today was my first day yet......no comments from my partner about how it's gone, when I talk about it he shrugs it off. I tried to cook a healthy spag Bol n he said he'd rather not eat....now I've mentioned that I'm gonna do 20 mins exercise on the wii and he said well I'm going bed then. Now is this just me being paranoid or Is this diet an issue for him? I have a lot to loose (.over 7 stone) and i just wanna be happy and confident surely this should be allowed?

Sorry for the rant , he's just really annoying me on my first day of my diet....on a positive though.....I've been very good all day lol :)

Hi Suzie, How disheartening for you but is it possible that he has heard you say these things so many times before without seeing any results?
It's great that you are going to start up your exercise routine...well done for that.
Can I suggest that the next thing you do is start up your own diary on this forum so that we know where to find you and can help and support you whenever the need arises..(which for me is quite often!!)
Keep up the good work and all the very best to you... :)

This is the link for your diary place..
http://www.minimins.com/rosemary-conley-food-diaries/

Tell him shut his cake hole!!! I have same thing with my parter... its soo hard, i make stuff and hes like whats this poo. I'm not eating that, then he comes and eats choc at side of me, grrr. Bloody men!!!

Your doing well, stick to it and nag him about how many cals his junk is. Men like to moan!!! And its annoying when your trying to do something and there just not really helpful!!

At least he's gone to bed u dont have put up with his huffin and puffin! Get to choose you own tv programme, music, etc in piece!

My husband found my diet funny at first too. Untill I pointed out that he would die young from his unhealthy lifestyle and leave behind a thin wealthy widow :) just whisper helloooooo life insurance everytime he stuffs a chip in his piehole!!! Lol funnily enough he's quite happy to munch on a salad these days.

On a serious note it's important to any marriage that both partners are happy healthy and fulfilled. He has no right to belittle you and you TOTALLY deserve to happy and healthy. I really hope him indoors changes his attitude! Maybe he's scared he's losing you? That's why my hubby was a bit silly at first. Xxxx

My partner is the same - doesn't really agree with the diet i'm on & not very supportive. I think its down to her insecurities & the fact she thinks once i'm slim i may leave her. I think best thing to do is be honest with them as you can be & hopefully in time they'll support you x

My husband's terrible. He's a real 'feeder'. Always says things like "do you want some wine tonight"? Or waves the biscuits under my nose. Then gets cross when I say no I'm on a diet. Often makes me more determined to do it!

Oh - this totally rings a bell!

Have stopped and started a lot over the years which, fair enough, does give them the right to be sceptical (cue kids - mums on a diet again!) but it is so hard when you try and do something right, and cook something without fat, to watch him complain about "rabbit food" and how we are not all on a diet, yet when I buy low syn snacks for me to replace the bread / cheese / crisps he eats, he eats them all before going on to eat the other stuff!!

Honestly, its a wonder we get anywhere sometimes!

Just thought I would add to my previous comments that I certainly know where you are all coming from as I have had the exact same experience with my OH ... many moons ago now. However, I also admit to having bored people silly with my constant going on about "being on a diet" theme and never really getting any results so it's not surprising, in retrospect, that I met up with a lot of negativity as a result!
So as a very elderly mother hen...surely it would be better to say nowt, keep to your chosen path to slimdom and have a peaceful life whilst in the end being able to say..Tadaa! Look at me NOW!! and enjoy the results of your hard work at the end of the journey....:D

he he, legomom- soooo funny!!! propper cheered me up- i've just had a hugeeee big rant about my partner on another forum... basically being a big fat BANKER and unsupportive!!!! and that is making me detemined to not pile on the pounds!!! and say NO to choccy!! I really cannot see him EVER eating lettice tho!! When we were travelling we worked on a lettice farm.... so as much of that stuff as u wanted- and he didnt touch any!! Chhhrrr ching!!- i think now is a good time to get him insured!

Tell him shut his cake hole!

Sounds very familiar... My boyfriend was always like this when I went on a diet, until this time around at least. Once he actually saw some results and realised it wasn't just another empty promise his whole attitude changed and he's even making an effort to lose weight himself now! With the exception of him having the odd kebab he's actually become more supportive than anyone else I know. Hopefully the same thing will happen for you once he sees you mean it x

Back