Survived the seaside

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hi all

Back from the coast (where it was very brrrr :cool:, came back a day early) and been catching up on all your posts - everyone is doing so well - and hi to all newbies and returning Atkinites.

Love your interview Jim, very inspiring! :D

Small brag of my own. I resisted all of the usual seaside treats - fish and chips, icecream, chips, chips, rock, more chips...LOL. Did however out of desperation have a pastie, but hopefully the miles I trudged in the wind and rain (can you hear that violin playing? :D) will counteract it for Tuesday weigh in.

Susie x

glad you had a lovely time, welcome back

Oh, you did very very well LadyF - here's hoping the scales reflect that for you!

Well done Susie! You did a lot better than me. I'm afraid I succumbed to the chippy last Sunday (19th). :eek:

We took Chip to the seaside at Southport. We didn't know about the planned air show or its subsequent cancellation due to torrential rain and flooding. However, we got absolutely drenched, chilled to the bone and battered by the winds. I was very miserable by the time I got back to the car and I hadn't brought any legal food with me.

The pie and chips was nice while it lasted but I was bloated and sleepy all the way home. Probably contributed to the slight gain this week too. :(

Welcome back hope you had a lovely time and well done on not giving in ..... things definitely smell (and taste) better at the seaside.
Here's to a good wi for you. x

LOL, sounds like it wasn't a nice time for anyone at the seaside then. Hi Susie. :)

Thx all - and Steve, I was so nearly there in spirit with you on the pie and chips.

I was sitting on the (hard) bed in the grotty B&B, staring at the psychedelic orange and brown 70s carpet, no central heating so was wrapped up in the duvet, rain was lashing at the windows and I kept thinking "Chips, warm, comfort, chips, mmm..." - the only thing stopping me was the weather :)

I did have some red wine though (for the warmth, you understand lol) so don't hold out any hopes of a loss this week.

Onwards and upwards.

Susie x

Chips and red wine - now there's a dollop of class for you! :D

Glad you couldn't make it to the chippy, it really is only a temporary fix and I'm sure you'd have regretted it later. :)

We went too, never seen it rain so much. Only knew the show was cancelled when it came on Dune FM. Wen ended up in the Chinese Buffet, and my other half ended up with food poisoning

Well done Susie! You did a lot better than me. I'm afraid I succumbed to the chippy last Sunday (19th). :eek:

We took Chip to the seaside at Southport. We didn't know about the planned air show or its subsequent cancellation due to torrential rain and flooding. However, we got absolutely drenched, chilled to the bone and battered by the winds. I was very miserable by the time I got back to the car and I hadn't brought any legal food with me.

The pie and chips was nice while it lasted but I was bloated and sleepy all the way home. Probably contributed to the slight gain this week too. :(

Blimey - crap weekends all round!

It must have looked funny. We were sheltered behind the long row of portaloos just on the edge of the beach, trying not to drown in the downpour. I'm not averse to a spot of precipitation being an all-weather biker but that was ridiculous! :eek:

Poor Chip was torn between profound joy at having the whole of the beach to himself and a border collie's natural hatred of water. He gave it a few goes as I launched his ball into the gale, but the sand was full of puddles and it never went very far. :(

LOL, I'm glad I didn't have to go to any beach this weekend! I cracked on Saturday morning & finally put the heating on. I couldn't face a shower & coming out into a cold room...Bbbbrrrrrrrr

we had a lovely weekend away, camping, at abingdon 4x4 show, where i was marshalling. weather was kind, we ate very well atkins style all weekend, amazing how well it adapts to camping cooking! and.....got on the scales this morning....2lb off, yay! (official weigh day friday)

so sorry for you all with your bad weekends, ours was great fun!

Looks like you are going to have a great WI on Friday then Taz. :)

Back