Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sushi: Not a good choice?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by Sneeze, 6 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    I've just pointed what I had at Yo Sushi this afternoon and it's come to a whopping 30pp! I didn't even have much - maybe 5 plates.

4 california rolls, a plate of pumpkin croquettes (2), a plate of salmon sashimi, spicy chicken roll and a green tea macha. (Also if you've not been the plates are fairly tiny)

I was really surprised at the point content, particularly as it didn't really fill me up that much. Made me think I could have gone into a restaurant and had a big plate of food for that!

So is sushi just a really bad choice? The reason I went there was because I've had sushi from costco since going on a diet and it's got the values per 100g so I have like 200g of sushi and it comes in about 20pp. So don't know why Yo Sushi is so much? Most plates have about 2 california rolls on them and come in at about 6pp which seems like a lot...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love sushi and regularly have the packs you can get from Tescos etc for lunch. They work out to be about 6pp (had some for lunch today actually). I find these really filling. But Yo! Sushi is really high in points - I found this out when I went a few weeks ago. Like you, I didn't eat an awful lot buy it was mega high and defo not worth the points! I wonder if it's the way they're made or something???

4. Wicca303

Wicca303 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and 5:2
    Apparently thay add oil to the sushi rice. I asked a friend who works there. I was shocked about it.

5. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    Oh my goodness really hon? May be giving it a miss in the future. :( Shame really as it was lovely. Was also surprised the miso was 2pp per bowl! Normally miso is very very low (and this was a fairly small bowl!).

6. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow! That'll be why then. I won't be going back there either and stickyl to my supermarket fix :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.