Sushi: Not a good choice?

Sneeze

Silver Member
I've just pointed what I had at Yo Sushi this afternoon and it's come to a whopping 30pp! I didn't even have much - maybe 5 plates.

4 california rolls, a plate of pumpkin croquettes (2), a plate of salmon sashimi, spicy chicken roll and a green tea macha. (Also if you've not been the plates are fairly tiny)

I was really surprised at the point content, particularly as it didn't really fill me up that much. Made me think I could have gone into a restaurant and had a big plate of food for that!

So is sushi just a really bad choice? The reason I went there was because I've had sushi from costco since going on a diet and it's got the values per 100g so I have like 200g of sushi and it comes in about 20pp. So don't know why Yo Sushi is so much? Most plates have about 2 california rolls on them and come in at about 6pp which seems like a lot...

I love sushi and regularly have the packs you can get from Tescos etc for lunch. They work out to be about 6pp (had some for lunch today actually). I find these really filling. But Yo! Sushi is really high in points - I found this out when I went a few weeks ago. Like you, I didn't eat an awful lot buy it was mega high and defo not worth the points! I wonder if it's the way they're made or something???

Apparently thay add oil to the sushi rice. I asked a friend who works there. I was shocked about it.

Apparently thay add oil to the sushi rice. I asked a friend who works there. I was shocked about it.

Oh my goodness really hon? May be giving it a miss in the future. :( Shame really as it was lovely. Was also surprised the miso was 2pp per bowl! Normally miso is very very low (and this was a fairly small bowl!).

Wow! That'll be why then. I won't be going back there either and stickyl to my supermarket fix :)

Back