• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Susie's 2020 action plan

tipperary

Gold Member
S: 84.2kg C: 76.2kg G: 68kg BMI: 33.4 Loss: 8kg(9.48%)
Another great day Susie
Go go go

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 23st10lb C: 23st4lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 57.7 Loss: 0st6lb(1.81%)
Gals it's going so well, another 2lbs off this morning, for a total of 7lbs since Monday. I can honestly hand on heart say I've not felt deprived at all, or particularly hungry. When I'd done CCing in the past I had cals set much higher and I wonder now if that was the problem because it gave me too much leeway - and encouraged me to just eat more, I'm sure. You know what it's like, you say "Oh I've got lots of cals left, what shall I have?".

So, today -

B - one SW burger, two eggs, salad and no cal smoky BBQ sauce, coffee
L - Cute protein shake (I had it in the cupboard), Muller Light yog - and a Slimfast Vitality capsule (the filler upper one) 30 mins before
D - Chicken and chorizo casserole
S - rye cakes with a smear of marg, cup of tea
Total - 1,008

Have a good one!

charlotte_k

Silver Member
S: 26st11lb C: 22st8lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 54.2 Loss: 4st3lb(15.73%)
That’s fantastic Susie😃 I’m so proud of you. I think you’re right about calories when being set higher, used to give me more opportunities to snack or have bigger portions x

Bagpuss1

800cal/keto
S: 145.1kg C: 137.3kg G: 94kg Loss: 7.8kg(5.38%)
Brilliant! :)

janey23

It's Vegas baby!
S: 22st13lb C: 22st12lb G: 18st9lb BMI: 43.4 Loss: 0st1lb(0.31%)
Well done on your 2020 action plan, it's certainly helping you lose weight.

Are you using an app to track calories? I tried MFP but it kept telling me I wasn't eating enough and like you said, having more calories to eat encourages you to eat the wrong things.

ladyfelsham

Are you using an app to track calories? I tried MFP but it kept telling me I wasn't eating enough and like you said, having more calories to eat encourages you to eat the wrong things
Yep same Janey. MFP put in the sub 1000 cal warning after the death of a teenage girl last year, I think (might have been in the US).

I'm still using it to log food and just not worrying about it telling me I will lose XX by XX (which is always wrong anyway).

ladyfelsham

Well what a day! Busy busy busy and then I topped it all off at 4.30pm by completely wrecking an uber important shared Excel document!!!

After me panicking like mad, a workmate sorted it for me, bless her cotton socks. However, I am home now with a glass of white wine, because - well, just because it was one of those OMG moments. I even rang the boss to tell her all was ok before she felt the need to come round to my house and put a stiletto through my eye LOL.

But am still feeling happy with the week so far, and will glug a load of water and hopefully wash all the wine sugar away before official WI on Monday morning.

Have a good night, Team Fab, and thanks for all your supportive posts this week x

TracyGWill

Gold Member
S: 21st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 21.3 Loss: 11st7lb(53.49%)
QUOTE="ladyfelsham, post: 8058101, member: 37862"]
View attachment 194491
[/QUOTE]
Love the haircut Suzi! it really suits you.

It might be where the bariatric surgery is based for that region- I know for the north east there is only one unit at Sunderland (as I mentioned I've been) and I'm not really that far from sunderland (though it can feel it by public transport) but there were people there from Teeside and a lady from Cumbria - so it looks like they don't have many of them. When I was there they said this is actually because they adapt a lot of the equipment etc for dealing with bigger people - bigger wheelchairs and beds with a higher weight rating etc, I remember when I went it was odd sitting in even the chairs for the talk because they were noticably bigger - like I'm not used to having room on either side of me in that kind of chair and I suppose they have to consider it for health and safety reasons. (It made me feel vaguely guilty for never in my life having an office chair that is rated for my weight even though health and safety have sometimes asked about it but I've never broken one and I'm not telling them what I weigh.

It's worth noting that for most surgerys if you don't have the dumping with sweets, people can get round this with lots of small portions which I was always kind of concerned that I would do as stupid as it is. I mean it's part of my history of not really being sensible with food if you see what I mean?
Hi Susie! Nice to put a face to the name after all these years! Where are you living now? x

ladyfelsham

Tracy hello! :worthy: How's everything with you, love? I'm in the NE now, in a coastal town called Seaham. Moved up about seven months ago and really love it, very glad to be out of London.

SWI this morning shows I'm sitting on a 7lb loss, let's hope it's the same tomorrow for OWI. Got the New You food on Friday but OMG they are mostly pretty vile - the cinnamon porridge was horrible, I had one mouthful and threw the rest out!

This is the second time I've tried VLCD sachets and the first lot (Slim and Save) were the same, so I think it's safe to say they aren't for me. I know I felt much more satisfied making my own healthy low cal meals - lots of leafy greens with a bit of protein, and I can make healthy very low cal soups without any ghastly additives - and MUCH more cheaply. So I'll probably move back to that and just throw the meal sachets in with my food, or keep them in the cupboard as backups.

B - coffee, NY wafer
L - NY soup with added mushrooms and a little chilli powder
D - chicken, leek, green bean, white wine casserole
D - ryvita rye with a smear of marg, Options hot drink

Total - 799 - so might add another soup sachet into lunch or in the casserole. I'm loving using the Ryvita rye cakes, they are really keeping my bread cravings at bay :).

charlotte_k

Silver Member
7lb is fantastic! We now have the same weigh in day😃 Hope we have a good day today! It’s so frustrating when you get a weeks worth of something and you don’t like it! You make such nice sounding menus that sound filling and under your calories that I would stick with that x

ladyfelsham

Yes i agree Charlotte :).

Annoyingly I just put everything for dinner in my slow cooker and it's showing an E1 error - but I think it might be because I used cook from frozen chicken, other people online have said similar, something to do with condensation on the underside of the pot - so it's on the stovetop now, and once it's thawed I'll pop it back in the slow cooker and hope it works. I've had it for four months so think it's unlikely the eBay shop will let me return it :(. (while I secretly think "Ooh I can buy another gadget!". Ridiculous :D).

ladyfelsham

The casserole cooked quickly on the stovetop and smelt lovely, so having that for lunch, and will do again for dinner, with cabbage - so it's 820 for the day.

snowbryneich

Gold Member
S: 29st12lb C: 25st9lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 51.5 Loss: 4st3lb(14.11%)
I love that your immediate thought was ooh another gadget (because i would be exactly the same) food sounds good and fingers crossed for official weigh in!

ladyfelsham

Yes that's me, Gadget Queen :D. I've been able to satisfy my need to buy something new because I managed to accidentally drop my kitchen scales in the sink water and they've gone belly up, the digital counter goes up and down even though there's nothing on it - so just bought a new one. I'd had the old ones for years, and the new one wasn't expensive :classic_roll_eyes: .

Next gadget - what I'd really love is one of the Sage mini ovens, which has a slow cooker function - it is truly a thing of beauty! Or a Ninja Foodi, which does slow cooking plus it's an air fryer - not so pretty to look at but still expensive. Both would replace a few gadgets, and save money through less pwoer consumed - but I won't do anything until I hear back from the seller about the crockpot. I really love the look of it, it's rectangle and has good handles on the side so you can easily lift it out - but I often use frozen meat and it's no good to me if it can't cope with that.

Change of plan for dinner - had lamb and steamed spinach with Skinny honey mustard sauce and it was lovely. Decided to put the shakes, etc, on eBay so they can go to someone who doesn't want to retch at the first taste :D.

charlotte_k

Silver Member
Good idea to put them on eBay! I used to love a gadget but thinking back probably my favourite was the breville! I used to love a toastie! 😂 x

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st10lb G: 10st5lb Loss: 1st6lb(7.87%)
Morning all

Very happy with an 8lb loss this week 😀. Will catch up properly later, straight into a meeting x
Fantastic:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Well done Susie👏👏👏