Susie's 2022 campaign

Still doing low cal - or at least I was until last night, I felt so tired and cold that I gave in to fish and chips - and they were lush!

Back on it again today though, and the office is warmer. The building is on a hill overlooking the seafront so it gets buffeted by winds, etc, and they don't turn the heating on on the weekend so it's always bitterly cold on a Monday - I just noticed it more yesterday because i wasn't feeling great.

B - ham and cheese toasted sandwich, coffee
L - parsnip soup and crackers
D - southern fried chicken and green salad

Will try and make some omelettes for Bs for the rest of the week, plus my new laptop arrvied last night so will have a good play with that.

Ooh @snowbryneich guess what? The lady I'm buying my house from has a Tefal Actifry she doesn't want and is going to leave it with me yaye - meant to be :D.

Last edited:
What a result - free actifry. (Now you can use the actifry budget for something else . . . )

LOL oooh you are naughty, now you've got me thinking :classic_roll_eyes: . Suggestions welcome :D.

Well what a pants night's sleep that was! After another 11 hour day I really wanted some zzz but am feeling very wet rag like this morning. Ah well, no rest for the wicked - or me haha.

B - l/o southern coated chicken - bit bizarre for B but no energy last night to make anything else
L - green veg and kale soup, crackers
D - turkey korma I think, if I get home in time!

Will catch up with your news later xx

Another longish day, worked through lunch but did get to leave before 5pm woohoo - and at some point, hopefully March when I hope the house move will happen, I'll be able to take the extra hours. Nearly all the searches are back and nothing coming up, so cross fingers, we're nearly there!

Morning all

Back in the land of the living after a horrible tummy virus and two days off in bed! All sorts of bugs are flying round work, and I'd been feeling a bit nauseous for a week or so, so I guess it was my turn. Feeling a lot better today, TG. Weighed myself this morning and I've gained despite not eating but my tum is as hard as a drum, so expect it's swelling or whatever.

Started reading the Marisa Peer book but can't say I'm very impressed - lots of stuff about un-learning attitudes towards food and rewards, that sort of thing, so nothing new - and I don't like her style of writing - "when I was famous in LA blah blah..." so I'd recommend you don't waste your money on it.

I've also decided against WLS - it's just so drastic, and I hate the thought of not being able to enjoy food. So it's back to SW on Wednesday. I keep going round in circles and come back to the undisputable fact that that's how I lost a big load of weight and would have been at target now if I'd stuck with it.

Hope you've all got a nice weekend planned. Cold here brrr.

I always have a sneaking suspicion that the books like that are written by people who've never actually been fat. >.> (I don't know enough about Marisa Peer to know if that's the case)

That is the main reason I quit every time (that and worries over surgery when bigger)

You said you are going to a different group this time right? Hopefully it's a good one and yes you did it once so you can do it now.

Sorry about the rotten bug- I think weightloss from stomach bugs stops the instant you feel at all better when you body starts to retain everything as it's in shock after the stomach bug

Morning all - yes, still morning, just :) after my last sleep in before going back to work tomorrow. Just makes me wish I could retire straight away, but it's definitely on the cards to go part time this year.

And thanks guys - feeling a lot better today, thankfully. Yep Snowy, a new group on Wednesday, got to go openminded and stop comparing it to my London group and I'm sure it will be fine. And GaGirl, completely get you on the group thing, all that clapping does my head in at times - are you thinking of doing a sort of SW at home? I can help with syn values and all that, if you need it.

Pouring down here - have a good one xx

Well the lurgy came back with a vengeance on Sunday, had to have yesterday off and WFH today - but do feel much more human now, so back to the salt mines tomorrow :).

Haven't even thought about weighing - so hopefully will get to Sw tomorrow night and the truth will be revealed then :classic_eek: .

No group tonight, tum still swollen and a workmate who goes to the same group said it might be postponed because the woman who takes it is (wait for it) off sick! Not to worry, I'll try and not go mad and then join up next week.

B - cheese sarnie, coffee
L - green soup, toast (a bit bread heavy but it sits better in my tum)
D - spahgetti and meatballs low cal ready meal

Have a good one!

No group tonight, tum still swollen and a workmate who goes to the same group said it might be postponed because the woman who takes it is (wait for it) off sick! Not to worry, I'll try and not go mad and then join up next week.

B - cheese sarnie, coffee
L - green soup, toast (a bit bread heavy but it sits better in my tum)
D - spahgetti and meatballs low cal ready meal

Have a good one!
They are meant to get a cover consultant in if someone is off sick. If you have a workmate who goes you could ask her for hifis. :)

Do you know, I never thought of asking her! LOL.

I had a really interesting chat today with my deskmate, a really lovely lady who is training as a counsellor, and we had a really good yarn about how childhood trauma can trigger eating disorders later. As I was talking to her, a connection popped into my head. A few years back my mum told me that when I was five I refused to eat anything except fruit - in a household without a TV or radio, so the influence didn't come from there - but I just realised it coincided with me starting ballet. Maybe I overheard something that associated food with not being to do ballet properly or something.

I'm going to do some reading about it - all suggestions more than welcome!

Children pick up on so much more than adults realise so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think you overheard something when doing ballet as a child.

I'm sorry to hear you're still not well :( hope you're feeling better soon xxx

It would be interesting to see what you find when reading. I ended up talking about this with the therapist from the weight loss surgery and he said a lot of eating patterns are essentially set in childhood which explains a lot about me. I actually was a really sickly child, literally - I had bad asthma and katarh (I assume this is linked to the asthma though I grew out of the katarh and not the asthma) and used to vomit at the slightest thing, lots of foods set me off too and my mum remembers following me round at kids birthday parties snatching things off me that I wanted but would make me ill (she says the other mum's used to say she was mean!) It was mainly hotdogs i think at parties but there were a lot of other common foods I couldn't have, one of my earliest memories is trying to eat a frozen fish finger out of the freezer because I didn't understand why I couldn't have them. But things that didn't make me ill, i could have what i liked of. (Crisps and Frosties mainly) When I grew out of being ill I piled on weight because I had no clue of portion control and I could suddenly have so many foods I couldn't before. A killer combination really. Of course knowing where it comes from has not exactly helped me stop it.

I'm sorry to hear you're still not well :( hope you're feeling better soon xxx

All better now thanks MrsP - and back to real food woohoo!!!

It's really interesting about that childhood stuff isn't it? I looked for some books on Amazon last night and found one called "Eating less: say goodbye to overeating" by Gillian Riley - which I thought sounded good. Turns out, I already had it! Started last night and it is ringing some bells, so will let you know what I think when I've finished.

B - ham and cheese sandwich, coffee
L - pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato soup, crackers, yogurt
D - fish and green leafy salad

Have a good one!

Just catching up Susie, sorry to hear you have been ill but glad you are feeling better. From following you for quite a while now i agree, staying focussed with SW and going to a group has been your most focussed and successful approach. You just need the perfect group now.

Back