Susie's 2022 campaign

B was lovely - but not very filling, felt slight pangs of hunger (or phantoms!) an hour later. I'm the same with oats, they never fill me up.

So I've just had a bowl of steamed courgette, 6 mangetout, 2 piece of roasted red peppers, half a dozen feta cubes and a dash of EVOO, under 100 cals the lot (not that I'll be worrying much about CCing) and I have to say, I am just loving eating veg again.

Found the blender yaye so can make the smoothie later - and will add coconut oil in to help fill me up. Might make something hot for dinner later instead of the salad, there's a Greek dish called Lathera, which is green beans, chopped toms, garlic, onion, potato, parsley - so will give that a go.

Also halfway through a litre of lemon water. My body is indeed a temple. A very, very, very small one :D.

Later - feeling peckish again so am tucking into Moroccan hummus with two small carrots in batons. I've been overeating like mad since before lockdown, so I figure that grazing on this sort of thing is OK until I get the appetite (head and tum!) under control a bit more, and the food itself is a million times better than the cr*p I've been shovelling down for the last few months.

Last edited:
Yes it sure does Gagirl - but also so much evidence out there to show all the health benefits :).

Dinner time - and time to try Lathera, will report back.

Later - didn't realise it takes 40 mins plus to cook down, so instead had wilted spinach, feta, rice and a red pepper, with olive oil and lemon juice - and oh yum!!! So quick but delicious.

Last edited:
Well.done on getting started Susie, tbe hstd part done.

Well done on your first day on the Med woe. It all sounds delicious.

I have to say since weaning babybits i've been converted to the full fat way of life. Except light mayo, I can't bring myself to bring in the full fat stuff because I eat so much of it :D

Morning!

A beautiful day here today, so laundry out in a mo. Slept in a bit because I had some mini excitement late last night with a blocked drain, but the water company was amazing, and arrived about midnight and fixed it as a goodwill gesture, even though it was inside my gate and not their responsibility. Embarrassed to say it was my fault, too much loo paper which got trapped, so will need to be careful with that in future :classic_eek::classic_oops:. I think I may have to do like lots of parts of the Med and not put paper down the loo at all - any thoughts? Sorry if TMI!

Menu today is looking like this -

B - bran flakes, sultanas, yog, flaked almonds, almond milk and cinnamon
L - left over rice, toms, cucumber, celery, romaine lettuce, black olives, olive oil and balsamic dressing
D - will try the lathera - green beans, chopped toms, garlic, onion, potato, parsley
S - green smoothie, hummus and carrots/celery sticks, satsumas

Last edited:
The lathera is cooking now and smells lovely, plus I've got salad left over, so it will be a delish meal in Hotel Felsham soon :).

Still finding it hard to get my head round making the midday meal a large one, and then dinner a light one - but we'll get there, it's all babysteps on my long road to slimdom! I felt full after lunch, then got a bit peckish, so am grazing on good stuff - a small handful of nuts, a piece of fruit, or carrots.

Doing ok on the water front too, 1.5 litres down and two cups of peppermint tea so far.

YUMMMMMM!

Lathera.jpg

That looks lovely. I quite like having my main meal at lunchtime, its how we eat when we're at my mum and dads in Spain. We eat our evening meal quite late here anyway so it would make sense but I don't think Shaun would bite :D

Morning all - late out of bed again, really hoping my sleep improves as I lose weight.

No change on the scales this morning, but I did scoff a bit of dark chocolate and some nuts last night. I think I might stop daily WI now, I'm happy with this WOE, so just need to focus on keeping going and not changing my eating plan as often as my drawers!

I was really hungry about 4am, but had a cup of tea and now I'm not - so will really try hard to only eat when I'm hungry, might only be two meals a day but then graze on good stuff at other times. Dunno - will see what kind of pattern I fall into, don't want to find myself grazing for the sake of it.

B - coffee
L - avocado on wholemeal seeded toast, with salad
D - not sure yet, will update later

Do you find it easier to stick to an when out working or being at home. Both have pros and cons

Hard to say, for the first five weeks of lockdown I ate for England - what with the house move and not being able to get groceries, I had Just Eat on speed dial.

But I feel really focused on the Med woe, and I haven't got much bad stuff in the house to eat anyway. The fridge is full of veg, which I'm enjoying eating, and I don't feel tempted to stray at the moment. Just had the avo on toast and it was lovely, will use up the salad a bit later, or might just add some tuna to it for my evening meal.

Having fun finding nice simple recipes, so tomorrow it will be this courgette and bean soup and chicken, apricots and almonds.

Happy VE Day everyone, hope you're enjoying the nice weather.

A quiet day for me, not doing much. Food ok -

B - avocado toast
L - yummy slow cooked potato, chorizo, paprika and cheese with a bit of salad
D - same, and two Ella nut butter balls - ok, but might try making my own, they are so expensive for what they are!

Stay safe x

I'm loving your Med WOE menus so far! Ages ago I cooked something called Briam, it's a Greek roasted veg dish, it's lovely! The veg is thinly sliced, placed in the dish in concentric circles, with a tomato sauce. It's an effort, but is worth it. This is the recipe I used: https://www.themediterraneandish.com/briam-greek-roasted-vegetables/

I really need a kick up the arse, I might join you and try to incorporate a few Med dishes into my diet.

Hi there El sweetie! And snap, I was looking at that very recipe the other day, it sounds yummy doesn't it?!

I did my WI this morning and have lost ZERO pounds - but I know that's down to bread, lots of naughty snacks and some wine. At least I didn't gain.

Think I'll try and do more of a low carb approach and less of the legumes, and keep things very simple.

B - coffee
L - bacon and eggs
D - chicken, almond and apricot tagine with spinach
S - dark chocolate

The briam is lovely! I had it a while ago, leftovers save well in the fridge for another day too.

I think keeping things simple is a good idea. When it's more complicated it feels like more of a chore.

Hope you have a good day :)

Mediterranean eating is lovely! I would do that if I was well enough and if I had access to fresh food. Unfortunately, food that can’t last outside in quarantine for 3 days is a no go. A frIend of mine has just been diagnosed with fatty liver and he is now doing Mediterranean and low carb.

Well done on not gaining lovely. It’s been a tough time with everything that’s going on but we can do it! X

Thanks lovelies - I'm struggling to eat normally the last couple of days thanks to sleep patterns being rubbish at night and then sleeping loads during the day, which always makes me crave crabs big time. I also had three big glasses of wine last night and feel disproportionately hungover today, so wonder if i'm becoming allergic to it or if it was just because it was cr*p wine? :classic_roll_eyes:

I actually think I might have to bite the bullet and give up again - which I did for the year I was most successful on SW, so I know it can be done!

Not great foodwise today as a result -

B - fried eggs on wholemeal toast
L - spag bol ready meal
D - something else from the freezer - can't be bothered cooking from scratch

Really need to get batch cooking!

Back