Susie's 2022 campaign

Hello team - still alive but leg still bothersome so back to the GP tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get measured for proper compression stockings, then phase 2 will be exercise and diet!

Otherwise, all good, picked up some more work so the kitchen work is going ahead woohoo!

Stay safe my friends x

Let us know how you get on at the doctors lovely. Brilliant news about getting some work and doing the kitchen! What are you getting done in there? X

Hi Susie, just catching up. Glad you dont have C19 but sorry to here about the cellulitis, ive had that. I had it on my face and was in hospital on IV antibiotics, just after I joined here in fact. Dont let them mess about with it, if the antibiotics dont work then get admitted and get it sorted. The fact it is in your leg do you think that some of you RLS was actually cellulitis or that the constant RLS could have contributed to it.
Take care

Hi all

Been an eventful time since I last posted, to say the least, with five days in hospital! Just home tonight and it's bliss to be in the cottage.

Thursday last week I had shortness of breath, a weird sort of fluttering in my chest, the cellulitis, etc, and it just got worse and worse, so ended up being carted off by ambulance on Saturday, all very dramatic :D. Turns out I have atrial fluttering, where my heart rate was double what it should be, and it seems to have been caused by a combo of a lung infection I didn't know I had plus the cellulitis. I've got four weeks at home to relax and take meds to stop clots etc, then it's back to hospital for electric shock treatment to get the heart back into its normal beating pattern.

It's the first time I've used the hospital system in the Uk and every single person, from 111 to the mobile paramedic to the ambulance drivers, to everyone on the ward, was amazing, simply amazing. Everything was explained very clearly, i didn't have to wait for hours, and got straight into the emergency ward then the cardio unit without fuss. Also made two new pals in the ward :D.

So, it sounds all very dramatic, but I'm on the mend - and atrial fluttering is very common, so there are good support groups out there. Plus it's the kick up the bum i needed to stop playing amateur hour with weight loss and just get on with it, so am back at SW in September.

Hope you're all well, will catch up with diaries soon! xx

Hi Susie,

Very sorry to hear you have been unwell and in hospital...I am glad you were well looked after and are now home and I hope you make a speedy recovery. (((HUGS)))

Sorry to hear that sweetheart. At least you know what’s going on now. Make sure you rest plenty and take it very easy❤️ X

Glad you are home Susie but also glad to know that you got admitted and got some of it sorted. I know from experience cellulitis isnt to be messed with and can cause all sorts of issues. Hopefully that clears up and the heart issue will be solved then when you go back.

Susie, I hope you dont mind but I've gone back to my posts when I joined here first and quoted some of them.
Does it seem familiar to you????? Take care of yourself

My foot/leg was really sore by then so I knew I had to rest it and put it up. Sat down about 3pm with foot up and my knitting and Netflix. After about 2 hours my heart started to jump about a bit and I git dizzy and shaky (this is something that has happened in the past, usually after extreme stress or anxiety). By 7pm my whole body was trembling and it felt like my blood pressure was really high and I was in adrenaline overload (as it felt to me). Went to bed at 10pm but had to take something to help me sleep (half a prescribed dose I have for such situations). Did manage to sleep but a little groggy and weak this morning.
Now I appear to be having a major allergic reaction on my face. I had a teeny spot on Monday and dabbed some tea tree oil on it so it wouldn't be huge for Tuesdays interview. It started to get sore and swollen and now half my face is not only swollen but an open raw weeping wound. My left eye is half closed and my hair is encrusted onto my face (sounds disgusting, its actually worse). So I am waiting on the chemist to open to see can he give me something and avoid a trip to the doctor.
I am now in hospital for 48 hours on an IV antibiotic drip been treated for aggressive cellulitis :( Crazy for what was only a teeny spot on my face.

Oh sweetheart I completely forgot you'd gone through something similar, thank you for posting that! And thanks everyone for your kind wishes.

You're so right, Tipp, cellulitis can be a lot more serious than many of us realise - but happily my leg is coming down now, it's not as red, and it's ITCHY! My GP rang so I told him about the itching and he says that's a great sign, the good cells are winning :). I did get really upset earlier, was so tired and lay down, then had feelings like a panic attack and had to get up again. Urgghh! I'm also getting restless leg a lot during the day as well as night, which is new, and also hugely frustrating as it's another thing stopping me sleeping. It's 8pm here andmy right knee has been jerking away like mad for hours, despite me taking the usual magnesium/potassium combo. It's going to be another long night...

Keep bursting into frustration tears and shouting at the cats because I'm so uncomfortable, and because I don't know how long this state of breathlessness and fatigue is going to last - honestly, it's such an effort just to even make a cup of tea. I sound like I've run a marathon after just a few steps - but the doc says I'll notice improvements every day as my body gets used to the meds, so have to put my faith in that.

One big plus - Day 7 of no ciggies :).

Last edited:
Hi lady Felsham , I hope you don't mind me reading your diary! It sounds like you have been really going through it recently. So sorry. It's miserable being ill. Hope you get well soon xx

No smokes, wow thats great. And thats enough to send you into a panic anyway and cause all sorts of problems. Yep, let the meds do their thing, its a tough road road but you will come out of it. Its not even a one day at a time more a one hour at a time.
I now know that mad heart beating, beserk blood pressure and horrible shaky feeling was the bacteria invading and my body fighting it so while it was terrifying it was my body trying to protect itself.
Cry all you need and the cats will forgive you, take care. And yell if you need anything.

The excitement has continued - called the paramedics after I couldn't breathe earlier today, but it turned out to be a rather large panic attack, caused by lack of sleep and stress. I normally take St John's Wort but it's a no no with one of the pills I;m now on - ditto chamomile! So will take lemon balm and hope that that helps.

Hi lady Felsham , I hope you don't mind me reading your diary! It sounds like you have been really going through it recently. So sorry. It's miserable being ill. Hope you get well soon x

Hi Katherine and welcome - read away, if you can stay awake :).

No smokes, wow thats great. And thats enough to send you into a panic anyway and cause all sorts of problems. Yep, let the meds do their thing, its a tough road road but you will come out of it. Its not even a one day at a time more a one hour at a time. I now know that mad heart beating, beserk blood pressure and horrible shaky feeling was the bacteria invading and my body fighting it so while it was terrifying it was my body trying to protect itself. Cry all you need and the cats will forgive you, take care. And yell if you need anything.

Ah thanks love. the cellulitis is pretty much gone now, touch wood, but the breathing is linked to the fluttering - and one of the meds to slow it down also causes breathing problems. Got my hospital appointment for the zapping procedure (10 Sep) so just got to get through to that, and hopefully it will all clear up!

Morning - got a little more sleep and I do feel a bit better, so maybe my body is starting to adjust to the drugs now. Turns out all four of them make you breathless, no wonder I was feeling rough!

Weather's rough too, so it's an indoor day for me :).

Oh Susie, take special care hun. I’m glad you got some sleep last night x

Back