Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all

Did a sneaky WI and we're on course for a few more lbs off, which is incredibly surprising because I ate a packet of biscuits last ight! Might catch up with me before Sunday, but I'll go light until then - and I am slowly believing that this woe is helping with little binges like that,,,

B - coffee, might have an orange 80
L - not sure, fancy an omelette with cheese and spinach 350
D - spaghetti ready meal and salad 400
S - ordered some gingerbread icecream in my gorcery delivery so might treat myself to half a tub :)

Have a good day, all x

I wish I could have a sneaky binge now and then. My losses are so slow now if I go over 1,000 calories I don't lose at all. The icecream sounds lovely

Oh my gosh it really was lush! Might treat myself to more on Christamas Day :).

Well what a month - I am utterly delighted to report a 2 stone 4 lb loss for the month, and equally over the moon to have found an eating plan that seems to work for me! On the days that I fast until lunchtime, I don't even worry about CCing, which makes it easier - and my portion sizes are definitely smaller. Hoping for another stone off by Christmas, or as close to it as possible. Another 2 stone off and I start my walking plan - just to the shops and back, but it's a start - baby steps, literally :D.

B - 2 small slices fruit bread x 2 tsp butter, coffee 250
L - l/o beef casserole and cauli cheese 360
D - WW chicken, leek and mushroom pie with steamed green beans 350
S - cookies x 2 300

Total 1260 - so room for an apple or orange and yogurt later

Wrap up warm, folks!

Absolutely brillant Susie well done, and congrats in finding a plan that finally works for you and isnt too much of a total pain

Thanks everyone - well it has been a light day for me because I'm feeling quite queasy, from the antibiotics I think - only three more days to go!

Keep safe and warm x

Thanks lovely Charlotte xxx The weight is really falling off me at the moment, despite eating like a pig some days!

I'll be very glad though when I finish the antibiotics, after feeling really off all day and then I was massively sick last night. Felt better afterwards, so slept ok, but took my pill about 30 mins ago and feel a little bit off again now - so won't be eating much except toast I think.

So much for toast - I ended up ordering fish and chips! Although interestingly I could only eat half of it, so that's good news. Did a SWI and I'm still heafing for a good loss on Sunday. One of the meds is definitely helping to reduce my appetite, just not sure which one! :)

I've also decided to really work hard to celebrate the positives of living where I do, because there are lots and my plans aren't going to change for quite a while - if at all, with the new job. Soooo for example, my MOT expired in October, so the local garage came and charged my car up (it had been sitting unused for months) and took it away for its check - it needed a load of stuff done, new battery, tyres, lights, a full service - and then they dropped it back, all for the prncely sum of £265! So cheap, especially compared to London. And the local pharmacy delivers all my meds, which is fab. So it might not be the cosmopolitan lifestyle I'm looking for, but there are other benefits.

Also good news on my legs - one is much better and the other's not far behind it hopefully, so we're back to two District Nurse visits a week, instead of every day, and I can get back to showering every day (couldn't do that before because of the bandages).

Just trying to sort out Christmas cards. I'm so confused about what you can and can't do in Tier 3, but presume the post office is still open!

B - tea, coffee
L - sossies, salad
D - pie with steamed green veg
S - yogurt and fruit

Keep warm and safe!

Great news about the legs improving. It must feel so good just to have a shower and do normal things

Yes indeedy I'm fresh out of the shower now and it feels wonderful! :)

B - coffee, a piece of toast about 10.30am otherwise the antibiotic makes me feel sick
L - sossies and salad, really need using up today
D - same

Oooh had a real turning point last night. I'd cooked a couple of vaegan cauli grill things and had them with sala, was full-ish halfway through, stopped eating the cauli grills and finished the salad! That is so unlike me. Then finished off with an orange, yogurt and seeds. Delish!

Have a good one, all!

Good morning all from a rainy and cold north east! No snow though, so that's something. The poor cats are sat at the window looking mournfully out, but I think it#ll be a day for us all to stay indoors :).

Did get out last night - for the first time in weeks - to take the car for a drive around town, the garage will kill me if I let this new battery go flat :D. Really nice to see the Christmas lights up, and I checked out the new work building too.

Busy day today, a lot to get through - but only have to do two jobs at once until the 18th, thank goodness, and then it's fulltime with just the local job. Cross fingers and everything else, I'll get the permanent job and then I can relax on that front! I'm well qualified for it, so got a good chance.

Bit hungry today!

B - coffee, muffin with peanut butter and a little banana
L - chicken salad
D - green veg with beetroot and feta and some nuts
S - maybe muesli and yogurt, plus got a bag of apples sitting on my desk to chew on.

Keep warm and safe, all!

❤️ So happy you’ve managed to get out! It must feel so freeing! I dream of that, one day it’ll happen. Gotta keep positive x

We were forecasted rain today but it hasn't happened here. Very cold,dry and the sun is out. Not like yesterday where it was raining most of the day.

Your going to be busy with your work load. Are you a good planner and do you stick to it? I plan things and always leave it to the last minute to do it then have to rush.:rolleyes:

Your going to be busy with your work load. Are you a good planner and do you stick to it? I plan things and always leave it to the last minute to do it then have to rush.:rolleyes:

A bit of both, TBH Mary :D. I do like planning things out but then happily bump them lol.

Well ladies after nearly four months I have bare naked legs! My legs do still look like I've used a reptile's leftover skin for pantyhose haha but the nurse has decided no more bandages woohoo! Which is another big item to tick and move on from! I just need to keep slapping E45 cream on and hopefully the scaly bits etc will clear up over time. Still need to get the Doppler thing done on my ankles to check blood flow - anyone else had it done? Apparently it hurts :eek:!

Been on plan with food today, but am a bit full so might skip dinner. Wait, what? Who are you and what have you done with Susie??? :D.

Realised I had fouyr bananas to use up, I hate them when they get brown spots on the skin - and then "Eureka!" i can make ice cream :). Always got room for ice cream!

Last edited:
Great news on the legs Susie, you won't know yourself now. Glad the car is sorted and it will give you a bit of freedom now to get out. Will you be office based in tje new job or work from home.

Is the doppler thing an ultrasound they do ?

It's like having your blood pressure taken on your arms but with a bigger cuff.

Will you be office based in tje new job or work from home.

Mostly WFH Tipp, with maybe one day a week in the office :).

Well happy Sunday all, a 2lb loss for me this week - a lot less than before, so maybe it's going to be harder to get away with naughty things from now on :). But I did get cellulitis back yesterday (I know, again!) - slept all day yesterday - but weirdly it seems to be going away today. I'll ring the surgery in the mornng, just in case, but it's so annoying, I'd only just finished the antibiotics from the last bout! My dad was prone to it, so guess that's something else I've inherited.

B - toast with light cheese slices and coffee
L - fasolakia, and maybe a can of soup
D - see how I feel later, got a few low cal ready meals in the freezer

Doesn't seem quite as cold today? Have a good one x.

Back