Susie's 2022 campaign

Apparently not hun, it's a bacterial infection. Pain in the behind - although I have to confess I love all the sleeping that's a symptom of it 😴🛌💤.
I found the itch of it to be the worst and kept me awake. And i had a relatively small patch.

Oh luckily I don't have that side effect - but my leg looks like it's been dipped in boiling water!

And it turns out it's my fault, spoke to the GP who pointed out that I'd been taking half the dose I should have been - 2 tablets instead of the one i was chucking back. Whoops. So we'll monitor this lot over a week, and then the next time (hopefully there won't be one) I'll have to go on low dose antibiotics for a longer period.

Picked up the laptop for the new contract (the woman 'helping' me was about as useful as a chocolate teapot, then was craving carbs so bought a bag of hot chips mmm.

Don't fancy anything else, might have soup later.

Morning all

Bought my older cat a cat tower with hammock and, after doing a quick online degree in engineering, was able to put it together last night - so of course she's playng and sleeping in the box it came in...:D.

Had a slipup and ordere pizza last night too - and it was the WORST pizza I've ever had - threw it in the bin! (and you know how I hate wasting food). But at least there shouldn't be too much impact on the scales.

Food today - not sure, the antibiotics really make me feel a bit off, so will go light, probably just have toast.

Keep safe and warm!

Morning all

Some worrying news from the USA this morning, my cousins there have have got Covid! My cousin has it not too bad, but his wife (a nurse) and their son are pretty poorly, so all fingers crossed for them.

Otherwise, same as here - busy with work; and faithfully cleaning my legs and slapping E45 on them every morning, and I also put Vaseline on at night, so they are improving slowly.

B - coffee
L - ham and coleslaw roll and an apple
D - ready meal of some description

Stay safe xx

I hope your family get better asap. xxxx Covid is nasty. I had it in March and am still feelling it but I know many who have survived it, including my nearly 90 year old dad who had a triple heart by pass not that long ago. It's a worry tho.

So pleased you recovered ok Ladybird - and thanks for the reassurance, I'm sure they will be fine but when it's a family member, it's a bit of a shock.

Sneaky WI this morning shows a little gain but I've been eating all sorts of rubbish this week - and must admit to some gorgeous Black Forest ice cream last night oops (Morrisons - you've got to try it) - so will try and get back to portion control and CCing and hopefully peg it back before Sunday :classic_roll_eyes:.

B - coffee
L - ham and coleslaw roll, apple
D - CC ready meal, maybe some soup.

I had the Morrisons red pepper soup yesterday and at first taste it was lovely, but oh my it got so sweet! Such a shame.

Morning all

A rainy day again - could really do with some sunshine but will have to make do with Vit D tablets for now!

Menu
B - coffee
L - ham and coleslaw roll, piece of fruit
D - soup, then a ready meal if I want it.

Have a good one!

Food yesterday didn't go to plan, ended up with low cal spag bol, garlic bread and a bunch of cookies. Oh dear. Today is no better, had every intention of fasting until midday, but instead I've just had three slices of l/o garlic bread with melted cheese on them. Terrible, but lush.

Oh well, salad for lunch - got a potato and egg one already made up; and a low cal ready meal for tea.

Grim weather again!

Thats terrible news about your family Susie, i hope they recover soon

Thanks Tipp, looks like my cousin's wife is on the improve slowly, the son not so much yet - the awful thing they have only just moved into a new house, so they've got stuff everywhere, which isn't good for the wife, she's a real neat freak. But all they can do is rest.

WI today and all the week's excesses have caught up with me and I've put a pound on. Could have been worse. I know where i went wrong, not as much salad/leafy greens, too many breaded veggie bakes and biscuits and cakes. A neighbour gave me a Morrison's extra special carrto cake - and it was delicious, so of course I ate it over the week. "One small slice", I thought - which over the week added up to the whole cake.

Going to do like Tipp, just try and reign in most of the excesses, enjoy Christmas Day, and then back into focus big time.

Morning all

Fasting until midday but I've got over two hours to go and I'm already peckish LOL, so who knows if I'll last it out.

L - ham, egg and potato salad in celebration of the fact that the sun is shining after weeks of rain!
D - ready meal with lots of greens
S - fruit and muesli with almond milk

Enjoy your day!

You made a carrot cake last a week. I'm lucky to make it last 2 days. It's like Pringles. Once you pop you can't stop.:)

1lb isn't that bad. We all have ups and downs. Let's wait and see what you loss over the month.

Yep, final countdown for 2020 and not doing it in misery, weve had enough of that this year. Starting 2021 afresh and hopefully wirh something to look forward to

Morning all - beside myself with joy, two sunny days in a row :D.

For some reason I was craving fish this morning so am having some Basa goujons for brunch. Busy at work so better crack on!

Have a lovely day x

A-n-d it's goodbye to the nice weather - bucketing down here today :(.

Can't get my head back in the game foodwise this week, had a burger last night! Not to worry, will try and keep the worst excesse at bay and I'll get back on it come January, really want to keep losing weight, after such a good start. The effects of not being hungry and feeling slightly yuck all the time from medication seems to have worn off, darn it! :D.

Cannot believe it's Christmas next week - my cards are still sitting here waiting to be written, so will keep them for 2021! Not buying presents for anyone except a donkey adoption or two, and some World Aid chickens, etc, so will do what I've noticed other friends doing and make a donation to a charity instead of sending cards and pop a post on FB to let them know.

Morning all

Slept like a log last night, after the relief of finishing my 2nd contract. I'm really glad to be getting back to a more normal work set up, three jobs at once was a bit too much LOL - although I'm still working OOO on a few writing contracts. I've been stashing all the £ away, so hopefully by the end of Jan I'll be back to pre-redundancy savings levels.

Christmas is going to be a very quiet affair. I've made a donation to Pal International instead of buying cards and presents (apart from a few small things for the neighbours), and I'm not going out and no one is coming in - so on the agenda for me will be too much food and some tellie, after calls to family and friends around the world and in the UK.

I'll be popping on here, but in the meantime Happy Christmas from my household to yours - an oldie from John Lewis but I love it :)

You know, I've been pretty indulgent on the food front for the last two weeks and am really feeling the effects of it - the breathlessness is a dead giveaway! So have started today to do some gentle exercises - got to improve the circulation in my legs, and start trying to claw my way back to some sort of fitness - and have found a great set of videos designed by a 56 year old (who looks 30!) for her 80 year old (also looks much younger and has better mobility than me!) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6HvC1sJJKWL-zVJgBub7Vw

I'm charging up the pedometer, because I want to see an improvement every day in the nunber of steps, so will get going on them once that's done in about an hour. Time to stop making excuses!

Back