Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Lady F,

I’ve been reading through some of your diary, you’ve lost an incredible amount of weight! Yay to you 🎉👊🏻!

Bummer about the lockdown over there, how long for?

Bren x

Hi Lady F,

I’ve been reading through some of your diary, you’ve lost an incredible amount of weight! Yay to you 🎉👊🏻!

Bummer about the lockdown over there, how long for?

Bren x
Aww thanks hun!

I see you're in Melbourne, I lived in Albert Park for a while (I'm a Kiwi :)) - then went to Canberra for work, before moving to London.

Don't know how long lockdown will be for, I think they are saying until the end of Feb but I won't hold my breath!

Yep full lockdown and when I went out this morning it felt like a ghost town. No one around it was really spooky.
Quite eerie I bet. Well in the next two weeks the numbers will significantly drop and people might start using their daily exercise time and be sick of being cooped up indoors. It’s not snowing over there is it?

Our first lock down started end of March and went for 8 weeks then they gave as 4 back to normal and cases started climbing so locked Melbourne down for another 3 months. It was very tough for many. Different rules for regional for a while. We eradicated it, which wasn’t the initial aim and then Sydney visitors accidentally gave us back a few clusters 3 weeks ago. Today we have again reported zero cases but we think one cluster is still yet to run its course.

Im originally from Perth, moved to VIC 12 years ago, first Brunswick and now in Diamond Creek (North East towards Yarra Valley).

I think you’ll be in lock down until March, Lee busy with hobbies and try and find a distinguishment between work and home time. Which given you are essential with work you shouldn’t feel too couped up. Here if you need any ideas or an ear 😊

Yes I think March too, but we shall see.

Of course the public is part of the problem - any time the government reduces the level of lockdown, people go stupid and rush about without masks on, have big parties, forget all about bubbles and so the cycle continues!

At least this time there doesn't seem to be a lot of mad panic buying - I can still get online shopping slots without a problem.

Shops here yesterday were reporting empty shelves.

I think we should give the teachers the jab so kids can go back to school but keep the rest of us in lockdown.
It doesn't effect me much as I only go to work then off for a walk so don't mingle with others during the day when we aren't in lockdown.

And I'm working from home - which I love, I have to say, would be quite happy to keep doing it :).

Gosh it's cold here this morning, heating just on. Just did my presentation, which went fine - but we shall see if I get a job offer later today or not!

My heating has been on all day. :( The freezing mist hasn't lifted today so I have stayed in.

It must be more relaxing working from home but I guess you miss seeing work colleagues in an office.

Best of luck with it Susie, fingers crossed it goes well for you. Will this be a fulltime job or is it for a contract? Yep, it's cold out.

Well ladies I didn't get the job, came second - but I am absolutely fine with that, when they rang I actually felt a huge sense of relief lol. Tipp it was full time and permanent - the job I'm doing as a contract role now.

My mate says i'm happier doing freelance work and I think she's right, plus I earn a lot more doing freelance. My boss is quite upset though, she and I have formed a good rapport, and she wants to keep me on until the end of March so might do that, then take a break and see what's what. I will have enough money for at least 12 months - although the new kitchen will have to go on hold :).

Oh bummer about the job, but how lucky to be in a position that it doesn’t matter. I love teaching, not the amount of marking though lol, but always dream about working in a gallery or being a full time artist. However, teaching pays more so maybe when the kids finish school.

how long did you say you’ve been in the UK for?

Sorry to hear that Susie. And I agree with your maye, you always seem much happier and less stressed when you are doing contract work... And thats just going on what you tell us here.

how long did you say you’ve been in the UK for?

Oh gosh nearly 30 years now :).

Sorry to hear that Susie. And I agree with your maye, you always seem much happier and less stressed when you are doing contract work... And thats just going on what you tell us here.

Agree completely Tipp, I'm not bothered by it at all - plus I found out yesterday that there's a whole heap of other admin stuff they expect the role to do, which hadn't been made clear, so I think it's a lucky escape, quite frankly. The poor new person is going to be really overworked!

Another grey and rainy day here, no snow but a bit of sleet - glad I'm not the postie, he looked frozen this morning!

Goimg to get back onto fasting from Monday, I've been a bit slack lately...

Slept in until 12 so decided today was a good (and easy) day to start back on IF lol.

I've been reasonably good with food, eating a whole bag of salad throughout the day, partly on seeded toasted bread with a little squish of low cal mayo - very nice, although it reminds me a bit of a student meal lol. Also had yogurt with banana, then an apple, and a low cal spag bol meal.

And that's me stuffed! If I'd started eating in the morning, I'd have consumed a lot more food, I'm sure of it - so this is defo the way for me to go.

Slept in until 12 so decided today was a good (and easy) day to start back on IF lol.

I've been reasonably good with food, eating a whole bag of salad throughout the day, partly on seeded toasted bread with a little squish of low cal mayo - very nice, although it reminds me a bit of a student meal lol. Also had yogurt with banana, then an apple, and a low cal spag bol meal.

And that's me stuffed! If I'd started eating in the morning, I'd have consumed a lot more food, I'm sure of it - so this is defo the way for me to go.
Great work Tipp on the IF.

How’s the water intake?

I'm laughing at that Susie as it reminds me of a diet my sister tried many moons ago when she was still living with my parents. It was eat fruit only before midday. So she got up at 11am, sat at the kitchen table for an hour and then had a massive fry-up.😅. Not quite the spirit of the diet.
Anyway, well done on the food front

Great work Tipp on the IF.

How’s the water intake?

Susie :)

Water is Ok, about 2 - 2.5 litres a day, plus a few coffees and teas.

I'm laughing at that Susie as it reminds me of a diet my sister tried many moons ago when she was still living with my parents. It was eat fruit only before midday. So she got up at 11am, sat at the kitchen table for an hour and then had a massive fry-up.😅. Not quite the spirit of the diet.
Anyway, well done on the food front

LOL now that does sound like a good diet :D. I ruined my day somewhat about inhaling half a packet of Shorties oops.
:) there's no way when I was a student I'd have been eating bagged salad or seeded bread. Potato waffles all the way :D

Yum!

If I had to pick an indulgent quick home meal it would have to be hash browns with a fried egg and melted cheese on top drool! But as a student I'd probably not have had any of those things in the fridge lol.

Didn't get to sleep until 4ish, so got up about 11am. Just having my usual two cups of filter coffee, then will see what I feel like foodwise.

Evening all - it's all go healthwise here again, a bit of ladies trouble so off to the doc for a dreaded exam on Thursday, then back to hospital for another cardioversion in Feb. At least I know what to expect this time.

Getting myself in order in different ways - found three really good YT vids for chair exercises - a warm up, a hard going one and a gentle one - so that's going to be my morning wake up, then a cup of lemon and fennel tea, shower, dress and then ahhhh coffee :D.

Put a few pounds on over the last week after a random WI this morning, and didn't manage IF - it's the grazing after 6pm that catches me up. Had the most gorgeous meal tonight though - SW meatballs with Morrison's green medley frozen veg and a yog and mint sauce on top - lush! Followed by a wildflower honey and stem ginger yogurt mmmmm.

And also happy that it's now been 5 months withut alcohol or ciggies too! I do get a craving for a ciggy every now and then, but it passes, and I guess it will be like that for ever. C'est la vie!

Back