Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks, lol. It's just that I know this is a common misconception about Orlistat, but there actually are no ill-effects if you eat less than 5% fat.

Glad you're having a good day, I am too, having been very naughty with sweet stuff on a training course yesterday, lol. Really felt like I'd been poisoned! :) xx

I asked my doctor about this and I was told no for being prescribed it which doesn't surprise me I am on a lot of medicines due to my illness. Especially anti cancer meds and Synthroid. So any of you taking thyroid meds be aware of that or alli. I took alli for a while and when my doctor found out she hit the roof! I got on with it fine. Shame with a lot of other diets like Cambidge :( She said the side effects usually are caused by too much fat but there is another issue she made me aware of.
Apparently you might not absorb as much in vitamins either so much so that she advises all patients she gives it too to take them at the same time. So I told a friend this when she got it as her doctor had not informed her of the risk as I showed her a site from Livestrong which showed it can and now she does. But apart from that like you she said she had no ill effects unless she had too much fat.

Oh yes, it certainly works for people, just said I personally had a nightmare with it. I did keep to very low fat but still saw some side effects, but as I said - have a slip up and it's not much fun! I really think its very individual as to what's maintainable for different folks. Under 5% fat just wasn't for me. I eat 70% fat or more now and lost 4 stone in about 10 months last year - just shows how different we all are. I think it's impossible to be prescriptive and say one diet works or doesn't - what works is whatever turns out to be the best individual fit.

Like the poster above, I wouldn't be allowed to take orlistat again. For similar reasons!

Xx

... just shows how different we all are. I think it's impossible to be prescriptive and say one diet works or doesn't - what works is whatever turns out to be the best individual fit. Xx

Yes it is really strange how some people lose weight so much better on one particular plan than others. All part of the lovely weight loss challenge :D

Had a great night - went to a farewell party of a dear work friend, had one small glass of red (that someone else bought me) and then stopped! I just decided that I'd rather use the cals on food, so had a water, then headed home and had dinner - and went to bed feeling very pleased with myself.

So happy it's Friday because I've got a heaving fridge and am going to cook up a storm this weekend and get lots of healthy meals made up and in the freezer :)

B - oats, apple, latte
L - salad, I think, and a Muller Light - or I have a load of S&S sachets that I could use up - horrible but low cal :eek:
D - I've still to make the baked bean lasagne so might give that a bash

Have a great day, everyone!

xMariex said:
I asked my doctor about this and I was told no for being prescribed it which doesn't surprise me I am on a lot of medicines due to my illness. Especially anti cancer meds and Synthroid. So any of you taking thyroid meds be aware of that or alli. I took alli for a while and when my doctor found out she hit the roof! I got on with it fine. Shame with a lot of other diets like Cambidge :( She said the side effects usually are caused by too much fat but there is another issue she made me aware of.
Apparently you might not absorb as much in vitamins either so much so that she advises all patients she gives it too to take them at the same time. So I told a friend this when she got it as her doctor had not informed her of the risk as I showed her a site from Livestrong which showed it can and now she does. But apart from that like you she said she had no ill effects unless she had too much fat.

Sorry Marie, I was of course only referring to the sort of "toilet issues" mentioned only happening if you eat more than 5% fat. I didn't mean to imply you can't get other problems. :) The vitamins thing is a well known potential issue - I did start taking a multivit for a while, but have got a bit lax with it now. :) xx

Morning all

A bit of a grazing night last night - I knew I wasn't hungry but "needed" something sweet and had a light Alpen bar, and then a WW wafer...I had the cals free but really would like to find a way to stop myself doing that - any tips?

Anyway, still 100% focused, and did a short but fast walk yesterday :)

B - fruit
L - Miracle noodles and vegetable stew (made four big batches last night, about 150 cals each serve)
D - Soup, and more veg stew, I think

Quite a low cal day but I like mixing them up.

Have a good day, all.

I have a sweet tea (with hermy sweetener not sugar, and alpro milk) when I want something sweet but don't want to eat particularly.

Morning all - and thanks for the tip ML, I was just in an eating mood - albeit a mood that lasted hours! Couldn't figure out what would make me feel satisfied...

Lovely lazy morning, and menu for today all worked out -

B - eggs and bacon on toast with a Low Low cheese slice (x2), lots of tea :)
L - leftover veg stew with broccoli and instant mash patties
D - Go Lower soup (using the last sachets up), Joe's Sausages beef burgers (x2), mash and green veg
S - Stewed apple, banana and s/f jelly, l/f hot chocolate with raspberry Da Vinci s/f syrup (yum!)

Enjoy your day :)

Morning all

First WI today and I've lost 11.4lbs - and am jumping for joy! :D I'm sure some is water, but some of it has to be fat, so I'm off to a good start :D

I've found it to be an excellent first week, no major problems, and it's so nice to include all food groups - but just make sure everything goes on MFP! :)

Have a fab day, everyone.

Last edited:
hi susie

wow thats great well done your on the right road to the new you yipieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks Chezz - I am very happy! :)

Goodbye to the equivalent of one housecat (and nearly a bald eagle lol - next week!)

Wow well done you!! X

Thanks ladies - I've been walking round today with a big smile on my face :D

And I don't care if it's all in my mind but the walk to the bus stop seemed easier - not quite so utterly puffed out as normal!

Reward - a new haircut (I'm very much into the reward system :D)

Have a lovely evening!

Thanks for all your lovely comments, ladies, it's great to have your support :)

I have to say, I am FULL of energy - couldn't get to sleep until 1am, I was so zingy - but bring it on, I am loving this :D

B - oats, banana, latte
L - S&S sachets (still got a few to use up)
D - Joe's sossies, mash and spinach
S - apple, yogurt

Have a great day!

hi susie im so happy your feeling great you deserve this your in the right mind and your going to go all the way xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Chezz :)

Did a naughty sneaky WI this morning and I've lost a stone :D I know the scales will bounce around a bit but am hoping that it keep heading down for Monday (WI day).

B - scrambled eggs, bacon, mushroom, latte (yum!)
L - S&S sachets - nearly done, thank goodness, they are SO high in salt! :eek:
D - creamy chicken and spinach
S - yogurt, banana, apple

Have a lovely day, all :)

a lovely menu susie today wow thats great 1 stone your doing great you really are well done and good luck on monday not that you need it

Back