Susie's 2022 campaign

Yesterday on radio 4 womans hour was about WLS sleeve. Personal account of a woman who had procedure done. You can listen to it on catch up. Very honest and uplifting account.
I had counselling about 3 years ago to do with weight and body . It was probably among the top 3 most important things I've ever done in my life. It turned things around in the most profound way for me. It sorted things quite quickly and they have continued to improve to this day. It is such a personal thing. Really needs to be the right person though. Lots of luck

Lots of things going on Susie! It’s good to hear you’re feeling more positive. I want to write more but my brain is frazzled, hopefully be back later x

Yesterday on radio 4 womans hour was about WLS sleeve. Personal account of a woman who had procedure done. You can listen to it on catch up. Very honest and uplifting account.
I had counselling about 3 years ago to do with weight and body . It was probably among the top 3 most important things I've ever done in my life. It turned things around in the most profound way for me. It sorted things quite quickly and they have continued to improve to this day. It is such a personal thing. Really needs to be the right person though. Lots of luck

Lottie that's so fab, thank you, I will listen to it tonight. You know, I'm quietly astonished that so many people are having WLS - obesity really is the hidden illness of society (so to speak).

And thanks too for sharing about your counselling experience. It's so daft but we're constantly told to manage things on our own and find solutions to everything - but that's not always possible - and with my weight dominating every waking thought, it's time I sat down with an expert to sort it out!

Well what a mad day - incredibly busy from the get go so didn't have time for breakfast, giving me an accidental 16 hour fast before I could have lunch. Only managed a litre of water but it had ACV in it, and my tum is floppy so that's a good sign.

B - coffee
L - stewed steak, spinach and cauli rice, coffee
D - chicken and bean casserole - had 2 small portions
Total - 810 cals, so leaves room later for rye cakes if I want them.

Caught myself saying "I'm hungry!" this moring - and then thought about it, and realised I wasn't - funny what happens when you force your brain to listen to your tum eh? :).

Talked to my boss about possible WLS and she is 100% behind me, says i can work from home etc if I need to while I'm recovering. Just need to register with a GP, then discuss with them.

the sleeve was one of the options available when I spoke to the nhs Suzi, they do also send you for counselling but I didn't find that that helpful - it was mainly about checking you were psychologically ready for surgery and we never worked on anything else. But maybe we could have if we asked as generally I would go along break down about not wanting surgery and be encouraged on whatever diet I was on and then I'd stop going when the diet wasn't going well.

I'll certainly share any snippets from the counsellor if I think they might be of general use - but I guess it's generally an individual battle.

I don't really see much difference between the sleeve and the mini bypass, both seem to have + and -, need to read more about it.

Afternoon all

Slight mishap with food, my bean and potato brekkie was off (yuck) so instead I had one serve of chicken and bean casserole (interesting for B lol) and a toasted ham, cheese and salad sarnie for lunch, which sent me way over on cals - but I've changed dinner so it's steamed broccoli and cabbage with Skinny sauce over it - for a new total of 1,091, so I can live with that :).

The sun is out woohoo!

Oooh and I did a SWI this morning and am 4lbs down since Monday morning :D.

4lbs is a great start Susie and definitely enough to keep you motivated

Hi GaGirl - thanks, I know the Leslie Sansome vids well, but can't manage them with my knees yet - used to do the two mile walk every morning before work - before I went to Italy, which is when they started to go downhill. I know I need to walk more but it hurts when I do (oh woe is me lol) and afterwards they are really stiff and painful, as I found out after my Ikea marathon.

And BTW please don't ever hesitate to make suggestions, I really do welcome them.

Home now after seeing the broker and then the seller of my new house, I think she may have to drop £500 on the agreed price to satisfy the surveyor and bank - the poor thing, she wasn't happy - but it wasn't me making the decision on how much the house is worth, it's the surveyor, so I'm sure we'll sort it out amicably.

And I am now officially quite hungry! Broccoli here we come yum yum (not).

Later...the cheese sauce was DISGUSTING! But I ate my broccoli like a good girl.

Last edited:
Was is shop bought sauce? Im just wondering what was done to it to make it so bad

i'd forgotten Lesley Sansome - I used to do her videos to get my step count up, which I probably could do with again.

Did you say it was skinny sauce? I never got away with any of there stuff (though I only tried the sweet kind I have to admit, they all tasted of chemicals and the aftertaste was so strong)

Well done on 4 lbs - you are cooking on gas!

Was is shop bought sauce? Im just wondering what was done to it to make it so bad

It was Skinny Food Co sauce Tipp - 4 cals per 100g and full of god knows what - but horribly sweet, plasticky and chemically tasting - so after one tiny taste it went in the bin, and I dry fried an egg and had that with the broccoli, and just snacked on two rye cakes with ham and a slice of cheese - so came in at 1,113 and feel very nicely full.

Did you say it was skinny sauce? I never got away with any of there stuff (though I only tried the sweet kind I have to admit, they all tasted of chemicals and the aftertaste was so strong)

I have to say I like some of their sauces - the sweet chilli one, and the Smoky BBQ - but the others can be hit and miss. I tried the custard one and it was awful. I have a few others (all savoury) in the fridge so will use those up and report back.

My shakes and soups were supposed to arrive today but of course the DPD person didn't read instructions to deliver to a neighbour - so hopefully tomorrow!

Thanks on the scales heading downwards, I'm not feeling deprived yet and the cal intake is pretty low, averaging out over the three days at 1,000 a day - so I'll keep this up as long as I can! :)

Woohoo! What a brilliant SWI! That’s some great motivation right there. Well done lovely x

Thank you fans :D :D.

Another good food day, completely on plan - and it helps that everyone around me is trying to eat healthily after the Christmas indulgences.

B - an egg, 2 slices ham, a little l/o broccoli and salad with skinny BBQ sauce - sounds horrid but was fine
L - SW moroccan meatballs and salad - OK but too much onion, left most of the oniony sauce behind
D - Med fish and steamed spinach
S - rye cakes with ham and cheese, Skinny Food crispies
Total - 860 - so well down today :). Might have an Options drink later, or a yogurt.

I may never start the shakes and soups though because DPD seems incapable of actually delivering them to a neighbour! Worst courier service ever. Still, I'm managing pretty well on what I consider to be a very healthy 1,000 cals a day, so can do without them if they never appear.

Brilliant day Susie! I love meatballs and onion so that sounds lush 😊

Good luck with the delivery, they can be a right pain x

Gals it's going so well, another 2lbs off this morning, for a total of 7lbs since Monday. I can honestly hand on heart say I've not felt deprived at all, or particularly hungry. When I'd done CCing in the past I had cals set much higher and I wonder now if that was the problem because it gave me too much leeway - and encouraged me to just eat more, I'm sure. You know what it's like, you say "Oh I've got lots of cals left, what shall I have?".

So, today -

B - one SW burger, two eggs, salad and no cal smoky BBQ sauce, coffee
L - Cute protein shake (I had it in the cupboard), Muller Light yog - and a Slimfast Vitality capsule (the filler upper one) 30 mins before
D - Chicken and chorizo casserole
S - rye cakes with a smear of marg, cup of tea
Total - 1,008

Have a good one!

That’s fantastic Susie😃 I’m so proud of you. I think you’re right about calories when being set higher, used to give me more opportunities to snack or have bigger portions x

Back