Susie's 2022 campaign

It's not forever, we've just got a lot on - mind you, it'll be like this for the next two months :).

Good news on the house front, the mortgage (after a slight survey wobble, is now going through fine. Phew!

Not sure, all the legals to be done yet - but might get the keys the end of this month or mid Feb - then I'm having the K&B extended and some other work done, so a move in date won't be for a while yet - but hopefully by Easter :).

I've moved loads - something like 25 or 30 times - but I'm over it now, and just want my forever home (getting old lol).

Yay I found you! (With help lol)

Glad counseling went well and you'll be seeing her again.

And well done on avoiding the chips! Not sure I could show such willpower!

Re actifry, we have a breville air fryer. I LOVE it! Chips are amazing, roast potatoes dead easy. Diced or sliced potatoes are fab. Med veg delicious. Halloumi and chorizo (I'm determined to find a way to get this in a meal on plan). It's one of our most used appliances!

Now I've found you I'm looking forward to following :)

Much the same here really - am so pleased that the counsellor helped, and it's going to be an interesting and useful journey for you. Glad they're throwing in CBT too, it's useful to have an 'active' therapy rather than just being a sounding board.

Well done also on driving past the chippy. By keeping going, you saved yourself from having to make an even trickier decision. Chuffed for you.

If I had the storage space in my kitchen for an air fryer, I'd have one. Mother swears by hers, and I like what they do with chips.

This is a rather chip-heavy conversation. I apologise... :rolleyes: 😂

Great news on the mortgage and house front. I told my husband when we moved in to our house he better learn to love it as I was never moving again. (I've only moved twice with him but my mum was a avid house shopper/nomad when I was growing up and we moved a couple of times because she saw somewhere she fancied.)

Yeah I'm dreading it really - although it's another chance to do some life lundry and get rid of crap before I do move.

Morning all, had an ok night's sleep but still feel half asleep! Went over cals last night but it will even out over the week so hopefully should show a loss next Monday.

B - eggs, spinach, ham, a little cheese, all zapped in the work m'wave and very nice it was too :)
L - chicken and mushroom pasta
D - chorizo and cabbage
S - rye cakes and a slice of cheese

So, so far so good. I feel like I've put weight on from the pasta, but there's only half a pack left in the cupboard and then it's on to skinny pasta :). No cals, no bloating - perfect!

I have been meaning to get more skinny pasta etc as obviously it is low carb but lile so many diet things it's pricey. Anywhere you can get deals for buying in bulk?

I'm sure being a little over in caps will be okay as you've got quite a strict deficit.

@snowbryneich I got mine from eBay - £22 for 20 packets from a seller called superfooduk - they just arrived tonight.

Phew just home from an 11 hour stretch, and it will probably be the same tomorrow and Friday, plus working at home on the weekend. I'm sure I love being indispensable but my boss was laughing smpathetically today at the fact that I had seven projects, all top priority - so I told her to pick the #1 most urgent and I'd go from there :classic_roll_eyes: .

I was starving by 11am, ate my lunch (cold urgh), then made some not great and some truly awful food choices (Kit Kat Im looking at you!), plus I've been eating loads of pasta the last few days (the usual variety, not the skinny sort), so TBH I'm not holding out hope for much of a loss next Monday - if at all. But we shall see, it's never that predictable with weight loss eh?

Once I got home I had to pop into the neighbours to pick up the skinny pasta, and they were in their PJs oops - but she's so lovely, she still insisted on giving me a tour of their house. They've got the same K&B extension as I want to do, so it was great to see what a good size it will make the new house. Such a sweetheart - she kept giving me little hugs lol.

Morning all - had a very pleasant scale surprise this morning, down another 4lbs, and I've got a light day today, so hopefully I've managed to counteract the Kit Kat and flapjack that accidentally fell in my mouth yesterday!

B - eggs, spinach, ham and 20g cheese, coffee
L - skinny penne, spinach, chopped toms and roasted red peppers
D - not sure but got over 600 cals so might do skinny pasta and veg in a casserole if I get home in time.

Got to fly, catch up later xxx

Bit of a disaster afternoon - we're just so busy, and I decided that was my excuse to eat loads of rubbish - namely, a yogurt flapjack, a Frys raspberry bar, a small pack of low cal pea crisp things, and a Go Ahead yogurt break (both slices!).

I only had half my lunch, with the rest for tomorrow, and so I've logged it, warts and all - the whole day comes to 1387 so cal wise it's not the end of the world - but I really need to stop reaching for rubbish when I feel overworked or whatever. Or probably it's just simply greed, because I don't have any chocolate, cakes or biscuits at home?

However, I've had a lovely dinner that took 20 seconds to assemble - skinny pasta, spinach, ham and cheese zapped in the microwave, and with a little low cal mayo on top - a sort of cheat's carbonara. I felt full halfway through but of course I kept going. Must book the next counselling appointment!

Morning all - as predicted after yesterday's blowout, I'm 2lbs loss this week now, not 4lbs - but I'm prepared for the evil sweet treat attack today, got celery and cream cheese, plus choc shot to suck on (nice image lol).

B - two rye cakes with ham and cheese, coffee
L - yesterday's skinny pasta and tom concoction
D - not sure yet - maybe fish and salad (once Mr Asda has delivered)
S - celery and soft cheese

Total 693, so might have a glass of wine or some chocolate. Oh BTW Asda has got a sale on Halo ice creams, the 3 pack ones are down to £2.

Tracy hello! :worthy: How's everything with you, love? I'm in the NE now, in a coastal town called Seaham. Moved up about seven months ago and really love it, very glad to be out of London.

SWI this morning shows I'm sitting on a 7lb loss, let's hope it's the same tomorrow for OWI. Got the New You food on Friday but OMG they are mostly pretty vile - the cinnamon porridge was horrible, I had one mouthful and threw the rest out!

This is the second time I've tried VLCD sachets and the first lot (Slim and Save) were the same, so I think it's safe to say they aren't for me. I know I felt much more satisfied making my own healthy low cal meals - lots of leafy greens with a bit of protein, and I can make healthy very low cal soups without any ghastly additives - and MUCH more cheaply. So I'll probably move back to that and just throw the meal sachets in with my food, or keep them in the cupboard as backups.

B - coffee, NY wafer
L - NY soup with added mushrooms and a little chilli powder
D - chicken, leek, green bean, white wine casserole
D - ryvita rye with a smear of marg, Options hot drink

Total - 799 - so might add another soup sachet into lunch or in the casserole. I'm loving using the Ryvita rye cakes, they are really keeping my bread cravings at bay :).

I’m good, thanks Susie! Really enjoying retirement, doing lots of baking, spending time with family and my dog. If I could just improve my mobility, stupid knees and hips! I’m glad to hear you’ve moved somewhere you like - I’m not really familiar with the north east, being more on the western side of the country, but I know there’s some glorious countryside over there. Hope you get on well with your weight loss, I’ll keep popping back to see how you’re doing! I mostly follow things on Facebook nowadays, a couple of groups called Team RH and Rebelfit - the former, especially, is more in tune with the way I lost weight and maintain. Currently trying to get rid of the Christmas pounds, lol, I had too much of my own baking! 🤣 x

Evening all - quite a productive day, considering I didn't get up until midday lol. Laundry all done, and four hours of work, so now it's relaxing time with a book until Vera at 8pm.

A SWI this morning has me back at last week's amount - but I can live with that, I had wine on Friday and chocolate and bread yesterday. Bought Marisa Peer's book last night, so will read that later - and might forego the counselling for the time being, as she claims to be able to provide results for the same issues. I'll let you know what I think.

Not counting food today but had -

B - coffee
L - small serve lamb with sweet potato mash and spinach / 2 pieces wholemeal bread with marg, 1 tsp marmalade, 1 tsp peanut butter
D - the other half of the lamb and mash

Have a good night!

Morning all

Just a pound off this morning, after my offplan weekend. Had a terrible night's sleep, so I'm at work, it's FREEZING inside, we're all sitting here with coats on, there's loads to do and I feel like poo. Roll on 5pm!

B - ham and cheese toastie, coffee
L - broccoli and Stilton soup, ryvita crackers (a small pack of four)
D - dunno yet.

Hope you're all having a better day x

Later - I thought it was just a pound but checked my staert weight on MFP and it's 10lbs down altogether :)

Last edited:
Oh a freezing office is the worst - I remember buying fingerless gloves a few years back because I couldn't type well in proper ones - we were in the basement office where I worked at the time and the fire escape did not seal properly so the heat just leaked out. (Someone brought a thermometer in to prove it was below minimum and the manager confiscated it :mad: (then there was a whole saga over portable heaters - it was the worst)

A loss is a loss so well done! Are you still doing low cal or switching to slimming world?

Let us know what you think of the book!

Back