Susie's 2022 campaign

Afternoon all

No lol a different type of lurgy got me on Friday night, I went round to a mate's place and I had a few glasses of vino and got quite tipsy while shedding farewell tears to the EU. So Saturday was very quiet, and boy oh boy did it muck up my sleep last night - got about 3.5 hours! Not to worry, we're halfway through the day now. Bedtime could be about half past six :D.

Looks like SW will be tomorrow night - I was thinking about the Wed group but don't really fancy going to the same group as the woman from work (she can be a bit funny-peculiar at times).

I didnt sleep either, i wonder if the moon is funny. You are lucky you have a choice of SW groups, i hope you find a good one.

Great. I think even the people i gwt on great with at work i would want to avoid at a weekly weigh in

I was just thinking the same about the people I work with even the ones I get on with. There was a time when they were talking about actually having slimming world come into my work so that could people could go on a lunch time and while that would have been convenient I was like no thank you.

LOL omg that would be horrendous!

Won't have time to do any batch cooking until the weekend, so it might have to be Iceland SW meals until then!

A bit later - Iceland delivery set for Saturday, to help get back in the groove - and there are some new products I'm keen to try. There's something about my current kitchen (in the rental) that puts me off cooking - probably because there's hardly any bench space. It'll be a different story in the new house! :)

And got approval for extra long leave over Christmas of four weeks woohoo!

Last edited:
I cant even book May off until our leave sheet opens in April.
Have you travel plans for xmas?

Have you travel plans for xmas?

Yep, off home to NZ for three weeks :). And I am treating myself and going business - after roughly 12 flights there over the years, I swore last time I'd never go economy again! Too hard on old menopausal bods LOL. And it's been six years since I last went home, so it's worth it.

Not going to make it to SW tonight, the boss has just told us we've got to have a late meeting. Not to worry, I'll stagger through to Saturday and then do some batch cooking so I'm following the plan as best I can for now.

ALL CHANGE!

Had lunch with a work mate and she was telling me about how WW has changed, plus it's cheaper - so I've signed up and feel much happier and positive about it - it addresses portion control much better than SW.

I got £25 off for 6 months, and it says I should follow the blue plan - it has been years since I tried WW, so will investigate tonight properly. Mate and I will buddy up for a Saturday morning class, and the woman who takes it is a proper counsellor, which should help.

And GaGirl - no more clapping! :D.

Later - just checked the WW section here on Minis, but no one has posted for ages, which i thought was odd. Or maybe we're just uber chatty :D.

Last edited:
Morning all!

Another day, another addition to the Susie stable of weight loss tools - trialling Slimpod for 10 days for free. Never tried anything like it before but like everything it seems to be down to how regularly you listen to it - but I do like the idea of trying to unravel all the old bad eating habits - so I shall keep you posted! If i find it's going ok, it's then £99 to buy it outright - which is a lot, but if it works, I'm in!

Food today
B - cheese and ham bloomer toastie, coffee
L - low cal chicken hotpot I found in the freezer
D - not sure, might just do skinny pasta with veg

Have a good one!

It's been a long time since Slimpod has been mentioned on here. Have you got the one from Sandra? A group of us tried it on here back in about 2015.Put it in search and you will find the threads on it.

Yes hun it's the Sandra/Thinking Slimmer one. I checked the search but couldn't find a thread, someone reported it had been deleted. I've DM'd Pierce and Mini to ask if I could start another one. How did you find it?

I guess my view is, nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh? It doesn't matter how many diets I try or how many clubs I join, it keeps coming back to finding successful ways not to fall off the wagon, and people have reported great successes with the plan.

Morning all

Thick fog and ice here today, and 0 degrees brrr - think we might cop some of the snow that's forecast for next week!

Listened to the first Slimpod podcast last night and I think it's really interesting - a very easy voice to listen to, repetitions of a few key phrases, but not so many that it just sounds all the same - and the one that has stayed with me is "taking back control" - so I'll keep on doing it for the 10 days and make a decision then about buying the pack. I do like the convenience of it, so think it will probably be a yes.

And off to WW tomorrow - still can't get my head round it, have to remember that not everything is "free" any more like SW - but the consultant Becky is going to take me through it in detail tomorrow.

And it will be really good for me to get up early on a Saturday for the workshop, means I don't waste half the day sleeping!

Well girls/ladies - I've changed my mind about WW. I just can't get my head round it - too far away from SW, and I felt nothing but dread overnight and today about the thought of starting yet another plan when I wasn't committed - and when it doesn't tackle my general eating issues. The minute I made the decision, I felt a lot happier, which says it all really. And at least I am determined to keep looking for something that will work best for me, so i guess that's a win.

I do however think that Slimpod will help. All day today I kept thinking about taking back control, and it is really resonating with me - so will keep listening for the next week and see how I get on. Will also follow the SW plan, with CCing, and just try not to fret about the bad meals, as/when they happen.

Afternoon all

Must have had my head in the sand for the last decade but I've only just discovered that MFP has a barcode scanner! I feel this could revolutionise my life :D. Well maybe not that drastic but it will certainly make life easier working out cals.

I've had enough of following plans and buying special food, am just going to make it as simple as possible for myself and hopefully make that conversion to seeing food as fuel, rather than thinking about it all day every day!

I'm sure there was a Slimpod thread. I know it is mentioned in some members threads.

I use food as fuel and don't really follow any plans. I think being on sw or ww you feel as if you have to have breakfast and eat to get your syns in or use your points up. I get up at 6 am have a cup of tea then a coffee an hour later and don't think of food until about 11 ish when I get back home. I don't really feel hungry but know I have to eat.

That's really good to know, Craftermary, and very encouraging, thank you :).

And you're right, many days I can quite happily go without food until 11am too!

I thought weight watchers had a plan that was very like slimming world these days - I do have to give them credit that the last time I tried them their online only plan was about 2.50 a week unlike with slimming world where they wanted the same money for online as going too the meetings which is a swizz.

Bless you - I love the barcode scanner on my fitness pal.

Morning all

WW does have something similar to SW, and yes it is cheaper - but it just all became too much, contemplating yet another club.

So it's Day One of the new LONGTERM plan woohoo :). Plugged details into about four different cal calculators for slow and steady losses and it has averaged out at 1477 a day, and reset all my stats.

B - ham and cheese sandwich (zapped) and coffee
L - chicken salad, honeycrunch apple, yogurt
D - chicken marinated in chilli and ginger, with cauli rice and greens
S - rye cakes with banana and choc shot

Total - 1,324.

Also well happy that I sold a small sofa and two armchairs on FB Marketplace within two hours of advertising them last night, and for the price I paid for them, so been thinking of using some of the money (as long as the show up tomorrow night!) on a yogurt maker. I love home made yogurt, so am pretty sure it would get lots of use... :classic_roll_eyes: .

Back