Susie's 2022 campaign

I have doen SW on and off for years and always fall by the wayside but am now trying WW and have lost 21 pounds since Christmas. I personally find it so much easier as I feel that it gives you more idea about portion control but that is just my opinion. You need to find what works for you

Carol
xx

Very true Carol - and well done on your fab loss!

I find myself veering back to CCing, so will keep ploughing on with that for now. I get really fed up with logging everything so might just not do it for a while, as I think I've got a reasonably good idea by now of the calories in food - just have to make sure I don't put shovel loads of cheese on everything :D :D.

Nice day here today - is Spring finally springing?? :)

Not much doing today, so it's catch up on Plebs - can't believe I've missed seeing it all these years, get a good guffaw out of it :).

Well done on your loss lovely! I think it's just a case of finding what works for you and making it for around your lifestyle, without it consuming you and taking over every part of your day. I haven't dieted for about 2 years because it became an obsession and every movement on the scale would impact my mood so much. I'm hoping I'm past that now and in a better mindset. I think that's what you've been aiming for too - and if loosely CCing works for you then just do that. Ultimately life needs to come before any weightloss, otherwise you end up just as, if not more so, emotionally unhealthy anyway.

Hope you have a good week :) How is your week looking? Much planned?

Oh gosh I absolutely agree 100% MrsP - it is obsessive building and I'm fed up with every waking thought being about food!

Really glad to hear you're past that stage - it's like a light went on in my head (finally)!

Oh no you poor thing, you're having a rotten time of it. Hope you feel better soon - and make sure you get properly well before you go back to work!

All good here, busy at work but we're starting to cancel functions and events now, as delegates can't get here - or don't want to come. Co Durham has one confirmed case, but the numbers are bound to go up, so we might be looking at enforced WFH arrangements in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty well stocked up at home, i always have a lot of tinned stuff, cat food/litter and loo paper anyway, so the girls and I are fine.

Stay safe everyone xx

Yep, being made redundant - one month's notice - and no, not because of the virus, they've restructured the team and have decided they don't want PR any more. Never mind that I've worked my behind off on all sorts of PR and copywriting. Heavens know who will do it all when I've left.

But they may give me some freelance work that another guy is currently doing, so if i secure that, then moneywise I should be ok until I sell the London flat.

Sh*t timing though!

Susie thats cr&p im so sorry. It sounds like you have dome too good a job and have them set up comfortably with PR for the next forseeable future. And they still have you as backup with freelance work. A sh1t situation.

Thanks Tipp, you summed it up beautifully :).

If they do offer the freelance retainer I'll take it because that's going to be around £1k a month, and I've just seen a great part time comms role about 20 mins away, so together that would be perfect. Every cloud, eh? :)

Thanks hun - just proves, don't trust a word people say though, eh? I've only just been made permanent and passed my probations with flying colours, and it was "We can't wait to do xyz with you" - then this.

Luckily I hadn't entered into a contract with a builder on the new house or anything like that, so will still go ahead with the purchase, and just have it painted, a local guy can do it for cheap. Everything else can wait until I sell London. Despite the virus, the market seems to still be moving reasonably fast, and I've got savings to cover the rent/mortgage on London for over a year, and Im sure it won't take that long to sell.

Stay safe everyone xxx

Well that was not a great day, everyone treating me like a leper, you'd think redundancy was contagious! I know it's not personal but feel a bit down about it all.

But only one more day in the office because we're now WFH from Wednesday for the foreseeable future - and that's great for me, because I can job search without people looking over my shoulder!

I finish in about three weeks (with leave) and ended up agreeing a retainer with work of three months, for loads less money than I thought, so it's all a bit worrying - but the house contract is signed now so no backing out without losing lots of £. I've got enough for both places for about 10 months if I'm careful and hopefully I'll get a job AND the flat will sell quickly.

Seems totally to me Susie, and it seems like the company is getting the best deal out of this. They still get the work done, they pay a lot less for it, they dont have to provide a work space for you and they dont have to pay tax on your behalf. A win win for them. In case of redundancy our office would be the total opposite, everyone would be up in arms and full of indignation on your behalf. But maybe they want to keep a low profile cos are concerned they are next.
Given the current circumstances you are better off out of there. But yes a pity its while you are in the middle of a move.

Have you had much contact with old friends and neighbours from Italy, how are they doing there?

In case of redundancy our office would be the total opposite, everyone would be up in arms and full of indignation on your behalf. But maybe they want to keep a low profile cos are concerned they are next.

I think that's exactly what it is - I've been telling people quietly and they are all really shocked, but it's all about self preservation - in more ways than one! I'm glad it's my last day in the office today because I can feel a sense of rage building up and I need to keep things sweet - and not explode with vitriol all over the horrible boss that gave me my notice! :D

Anyhoo I've got a call with the agency later today, so we'll see how that goes. I wonder if the banks will put mortgage payments on hold?

Have you had much contact with old friends and neighbours from Italy, how are they doing there?

They are all fine, thank goodness - in the second week of lockdown but coping really well. They are allowed to go out grocery shopping and all have documents they have to show when the police pull them over, but so far their supermarkets etc are fully stocked each day, so no one will go hungry!

Stay safe, friends xx

Back