Susie's 2022 campaign

A-n-d we're done, left work for 2.5 weeks of WFH, then finish officially on 3 April, but with three months' retainer.

On the bright side I did finish my website - what do you think?

Busy with work today, my company is running the government's helpline and they are just inundated with calls.

Much as I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself on the job front, I have to remember there are thousands of people in the same - very big - boat - and at least I do have some money in the bank.

So it's time to take whatever control back that I can, to make my legs and knees better - got decent compression socks on the way, ditto aloe vera gel and horse chestnut tablets to help the veins - and I've just done 15 mins of chair exercises - not much I know, but it's better than nothing! :)

Morning all - how is everyone doing today? Busy here, a removal man is coming round to quote for the move - we shall stand at a socially appropriate distance :).

Then it's going to be lots of chitchat, catching up with mates, and making sure everyone's alright.

Stay safe xx

Wow, they sack you and then get busy. Any chance they might keep you now.

Dunno hun, I'll email them on Monday as the government is now paying salaries - I hate the thought, just want shot of them now, but can't let my pride get in the way.

Afternoon all - had a duvet morning, which was lovely, curled up with Stella snoring away :D.

Doing a bit of housework - like Tipp, I've got a plan to do something each day. And got a job to apply for, so who knows?!

Sausage casserole is on and I've worked out I can empty the fridge/freezer in time for the move - there might be some odd combos but that's my preferred approach anyway :D. Tomorrow will be potato dauphinoise with sauteed cabbage and a load of pasta and sauces over the top, sounds bizarre but should taste yummy.

Looks like the move will happen 6 April, which is also something really good to focus on :).

Sx

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone - hope you're all doing ok?

I'm making sure I facetime at least two people a day, and chatting to the neighbours over the fence as well, just for a bit of humansing!

Also got all the utilities and broadband sorted for the move. Was fretting about whether that would still be allowed under lockdown but it is, so that's ok. On the hunt for bread later, just going to the local shops, I can't bear the thought of a scrum in the large Asda or Aldi!

Morning all

Hope you're all doing ok? I had a wonderful 9 hours' sleep last night and feel a lot better moodwise :). Not sure what lockdown means for the house move but think we should be ok, it's only round the corner and off the main roads - but depends on whether the seller can get her stuff out on Friday!

Well I didn't think my stress levels could get any higher but I did something VERY stupid yesterday. The lawyer rang and for some unknown reason I mentioned redundancy, and she said she couldn't sign off on the purchase if that was the case. I backtracked and said no all was well at work - but have had no sleep since then fretting about it. Why did I do it???? All she needs to do is email work and I am up a creek without a paddle.

OMG completion and getting the keys next Wednesday pm cannot come fast enough!

In the meantime I've applied for a helpline job at work, they really need people so unless they hate me (and I'm sure that's not the case), then I could have three months work, plus a PR retainer to do case studies, which should see me through. And decided to put my London flat back up for rent, I just can't carry the mortgage, service charge/ground rent for months. Whether I get a tenant or not is another matter. Also applied for a WFH call centre job, and a PR job which is very me but in Newcastle.

But one thing about stress - I don't eat much...

Oh no Susie, surely it is up to the loan company to make that decision rather than a lawyer. I mean a lawyer only acts on the instruction of their client, they dont make decisions.
Im sure it will be fine, fingers crossed for you.

Morning Team Fab

Tipp I've managed to calm down about it all now (blooming menopause mood swings make it all go out of perspective) and yes it's not up to her - but I;m still employed by the time we exchange and my company doesn't give out details like that, so I felt all the knots in the tum slowly unravel last night and felt vaguely at peace. This should be an exciting time, moving house and all, and I want to focus on that.

Work has confirmed the retainer, so at least there's some momney coming in - and I've had three requests for viewings on the London flat since 5pm last night, so hopefully it should be rented in a few weeks, and that's one less thing to worry about for now.

Smashing weather here today, time for a load of laundry before i start working properly.

Also going to try my hand at no yeast bread rolls - and Tipp I might even try Irish soda bread, if i can find some buttermilk, or make it from milk and lemon :). Have you got a good recipe?

Actually soda bread was originally made to use up the buttermilk which is sour. And it reacts with bread soda. Bread soda needs an acid (the buttermilk). But if you have fresh milk just use baking powder, it wont have that soda tang but some prefer it. Will look for a recipe.

Wow, Susie - you have been having a time of it! Glad you seem to have plotted a way through it all and good luck with your new venture too; the website looks great. I suppose that losing your appetite is a good side-effect for weight loss but hope you look after yourself.

Thanks Manxy - yes it has been a mad time, but at least I - and everyone I know - is well, so that's the main thing.

And don't worry, my appetite is back bigtime! :)

Hope you are doing ok?

Wowser that was emotional - just went outside for the Global Thank the NHS clap thing - and the noise was incredible! People were ringing bells and letting off fireworks and clapping and cheering, it was brilliant! Then I came inside and cried happy tears for 10 minutes :D.

Maybe one of the good things to come out of this is people realising just how important it is not to sell off the NHS (any more than ithe government already has done)!

New saying for you all - the Maori for stay safe or strong is Kia Kaha :)

Back