Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks Manxy - yes it has been a mad time, but at least I - and everyone I know - is well, so that's the main thing.

And don't worry, my appetite is back bigtime! :)

Hope you are doing ok?

Having your appetite back is good - I think? :D

I'm back in the groove and hit a new low today so after wasting the months since Christmas I am now finally back 'on it' and heading the right way!

Afternoon all

Been a big day, all confirmed as going ahead with the house this morning (despite my slip of the tongue) - whereupon I promptly burst into tears :D. Managed to wrench my shoulder so the mover is going to pack up the kitchen stuff for me, I should be able to do everything else. Moving on the 7th :).

Got a big veg eggy bake in the oven - defrosted a bag of broccoli, some leeks and peppers, added Cajun seasoning and poured loads of eggs over them - will let it bake for 30 mins then add cheese mmm.

How exciting Susie, glad it all got the go ahead.

Thanks love, I'll do a happy dance on the evening of the 7th, once I'm actually in :)

The eggy bake has been a huge success though, and (because I'm trying to clear out the fridge and freezer) is a great way to easily use up frozen veg. I did get a delivery from the Local Refill Shop, the owners are just brilliant and deliver locally for free - so I have flour, bicarb of soda, castor sugar and a carrot cake mix which he says is lovely - so have everything I need to make the no yeast rolls.

Might need some more eggs...will maybe venture out tomorrow to the local supermarkets., although not looking forward to that!

Morning all

Late out of bed today, it's cold and miserable up here, and I was up in the night for a while with RLS - but just had the most bonkers dream, a man who looked like Keanu Reeve (so far so good) took me outside the apartment block I lived in and started diving down my jogging pants (wait, what?!) for frying pans I'd hidden down there. Frying pans??? Really???!

No idea what part of my warped self conscious that came fronm :D :D.

More eggy bake yum, it just keeps on giving, and will try making the bread rolls later.

Lockdown madness, who cares about good looking men its cooking implements ww need to hoard🤣

:D :D :D

Last week of work, and can't wait to finish. Friends keep telling me to challenge the company, that they have a moral obligation to keep me on - but it has already proved it has NO morals re employment, and I can't be doing with the stress of it. I'm signing the associate agreement today for two days a month and who knows,when I'm not about, they may then realise they do need me and give me more days - but all being well, I should be ok for money for a while.

And I'm loving being home with the cats - although Stella just made me laugh, she jumped up to the window as if to say "Let me in" - when she was sitting right next to the open door :).

Afternoon all

Brrr a bracing day out there! One more working day nearly done yaye.

Not doing very well on the packing front, but ah well it'll all get done and at least if the furniture all gets moved on Monday, I can do the rest a bit more slowly.

Food is crazy - using up stuff in the freezer - only a few ready meals left now, then it'll have to be takeaways until I move and get myself sorted. I'll be the size of a house when this is over! :D

Sounds like you have a heck of a change going on! Just wanted to pop in and wish you luck with it all, the last working day, the move and please don't give yourself too hard of a time re food. You know what is good/bad and when you can, you'll make the right choice. For now, I think your mental well-being takes priority :D

Thanks Teasal - yep it has been a bit crazy lately, chocolate is my crutch right now :).

And the big news of the day - we've completed on the house woohoo! I'm going to pick up the keys from the neighbour in the morning, could do it tonight but just so busy finishing off work stuff.

The painter will dive on in tomorrow afternoon, and I've pushed back the move to a week Saturday, to give me time to get packing!

So happy it's finally happened.

Oh and also - found great tenants for the flat, so that's another weight lifted! :)

Morning Susie, great news overall. Will your fridge fit comfortably in the new kitchen and how do you think the cats will take to the move. Its great now that you have the keys you can decide when to actually move.

Thanks all - yes I'm actually really pleased at having more time to pack, and it means I can do quite a few trips back and forth with all the hard to pack stuff like lamps. before the guys do all the furniture - and then I have plenty of time to unpack slowly and get things to some semblance of normality, at home at least.

The F/F will fit ok, I've had a cupboard taken out and it will fit there - so it's back in the kitchen woohoo :). The cats will be fine, I only keep them inside for a few days to orient them - bless 'em they are very adaptable.

Last day at my stinky company today, and I'll be very glad when it's over! I've set up my LinkedIn account, and registered as a supplier for the county business support scheme, so I can be one of the names put forward for companies that want media and PR help. Luckily I've still got the old laptop, as i hand the work one back this afternoon - and might have enough to buy a faster one in a few weeks.

Foodwise, I can feel I've put loads of weight on but I can't even begin to think about CCing or SW right now.

Stay safe, all xxx

Thanks all!

The painter rang to say he has pretty much finished, and he's done a load of coats over the pink in the living room, lime green in the kitchen - so not me! I'm meeting him there tomorrow. he's bringing a handyman guy with him, who is going to lay the new lino in the K and B, and laminate in the main bedroom - it has badly marked emerald green carpet, so I decided I could afford to get that replaced - and then that's one room done at least.

Next week will be all about trips back and forth with the little stuff, as mentioned - the removalists could take it all, of course, but it makes me feel like I'm getting stuff done and then it's all out of the way. Roll on next Saturday night - when I will be collapsed on the sofa with a big glass of red :D.

Slight heart attack - got an email earlier (lurking in my junk!) to say the laminate and lino is out of stock...great. So been all over the net finding someone who can deliver before next Friday, and looks like we're back on schedule, a nice man at Floors Direct Ltd in Birmingham has got laminate in the shade I want. The lino will have to wait until things calm down a bit.

All good, found a supplier with lino, should be here by Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Gouing to ask the painter today if he can move some of the little stuff for me over the next few days, I'm finding it a bit overwhelming TBH, and loading the car up once really hurt my knees, so let's hope he says yes.

Nice day out there today - hope everyone is sensible and stays in their back garden instead of going to parks and beaches!

Back