Susie's 2022 campaign

LOLOL yes after a gazillion moves i should be really well organised ....not! :D

The chaps are coming round tomorrow to move a load of stuff, which is a huge relief. Flooring arrives tomorrow and Thursday, and the cleaner is going in early next week to clean it all - because it was left sooo dirty, I nearly cried. In fact, I had buyer's remorse big time yesterday, and am seriously considering putting in a new kitchen. If I make that look nice, and eventually the bathroom, then I don't need to do the extension and can use that money for a conservatory and a big fence round it - because there's a huge annoying barking dog next door that I didn't know about and the cats are going to hate it!

Last edited:
Thats so annoying about the dog Susie, a conservatory sounds great

Morning all

A lovely day and a huge amount has been done already - the guys did three huge loads of boxes, nearly all the kitchen and more, and have taken up the manky living room carpet up, and removed the fire surround, and a licensed waste removal chap has taken all the rubbish away! One of them knows a Corgi guy so he's going to take the actual fire out, and then I've got a straight wall to put the dresser and TV.

Lino comes tomorrow, laminate Thursday and it'll all be laid by Saturday. Just need to confirm the move in date now, should be early next week.

Phew! Time to relax for a bit now :).

Getting lots done and its great the weather is good for it

Yes it's a lovely day here, but rain is forecast - of course :).

The guys really broke the back of the packing, not got much left to do now, such a relief. Move Sunday or Monday - so by this time next week I'll be in the cottage - but without internet, it's not being done until the 20th - but hopefully I can tether off my phone. Must learn how to do that :D :D.

Afternoon all

Had to have most of the day in bed, thanks to oyster sauce which I didn't spot in the ready meal I had last night. I've been allergic to all shellfish and most fish all my life, and even the smallest amount gives me a very bad case of food poisoning. So I've felt rather poorly, but hopefully a decent sleep tonight will see me on the mend.

I was able to move deliveries to tomorrow, and not got much left to pack now, so I'm feeliung less stressed than i might have been :).

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Morning all

Feeling a lot better today and it's all go here - lino already delivered and the wonderful handyman has taken up the living room carpet to reveal perfectly serviceable laminate, so that saves some money. Laminate for the bedroom also coming today, and I've cleaned the kitchen, she left it filthy yuck.

I think, once the dust settles, that I'm going to join @tipperary and try keto for a while - I really enjoyed it when i did it quite a few years ago, and I like all the keto recipes that you can use now instead of bread and pasta.

Morning Susie, im happily surprised that you are still managing to get help with all your moving jobs, our lockdown wouldnt allow that. Hope the oyster sauce is well gone now.

Morning hun - the removalist uses his three sons, and they all live together, and work in groups of two - so that's allowed (more or less). It's also only four streets away, they don't have to go across a main road and they won't come into contact with anyone else, so it's as safe as it can be - and a lot safer than the scrum in Asda! I haven't been down there yet but local Facebook groups are reporting that they are letting large groups in and people are barging into each other and taking no care with social distancing - idiots!

The painter and decorator were both fine to do their thing in an empty house, and the cleaner is happy to do my rental once it's empty - it's about being sensible, and people have got to earn money! I am 100% in favour of all the measures to contain C19, but it's so hard on sole traders, so they are taking work where they can get it.

And thanks, the tum is getting back to normal - as with everything, the allergy's after effects are getting worse as I get older. I normally always check labels but really didn't think that a Med fish stew would have oyster sauce in it!

Sxx

Morning all

The sun is coming out after rain yaye on M Day minus 2!

A bit more packing this morning and round to the cottage later to drop off some breakables - and see how the new floors look :). Thanks to the big load being moved earlier in the week, it's all feeling reasonably stress free at the moment.

Nothing else to report, apart from eating too much! Will try and get a better handle on things once I've settled in.

Went round this morning and the floors look fabulous, I'm really happy with them - except the new lino in the bathroom now shows how grotty the rest of it is! Not to worry, plenty of time to sort that out over the next two months.

Also took round four bags of breakables and some essential shopping - wine, bread and chocolate - because that's my evening tomorrow night! :D :D

Bedroom and bathroom packed, so just a few things in the kitchen to do now. Bedding is going on the line shortly so I've got fresh sheets to put on tomorrow once the bed is assembled (it's a heavy old French thing), and will do the desk (laptop, modem, etc, before I go to bed tonight - and we're done, all ready for the morning.

Hope you're all having a lovely Easter, despite the circumstances x

WOW! So much to catch up on Susie!

Hope the move has gone well lovely 😊 x

Hello my friends! The girls and I are in and very slowly getting unpacked. Goodness me what a stressful time it’s been, including nearly having to leave the American fridge freezer outside!!! Then found a YT vid showing how to take the doors off and we were in! The new bedroom floor looks great and that room is nearly done - but it all caught up with me and I’ve spent the last two days just sleeping! Every time I’d think about getting up, instead I’d roll over for another few hours.

And food oh Mio Dio that’s been BAD. Think of a pizza box and multiply it several times!

Not much in the fridge but I did actually make a potato and chorizo hash this afternoon and it was lovely - but really starting to crave green veg, so may have to go to Aldi late tomorrow and hopefully avoid the huge queues!

How is everyone doing? Xxx

Morning all

A gorgeous day here today - and my broadband is finally back on woohoo, back in the land of the living :).

Been quite busy though - unpacking continues, and the clothes rack has arrived, so will get that up today and clothes hung up. Also expecting the delivery of a kitchen pantry, so can get the gadgets in that, and then the spare room will be a bit clearer.

Also got a job interview via Teams tomorrow, so have just submitted the writing exercise for it. I was hoping to dye my hair but can't find the dye, so I'll just have to go with the lockdown look!

And I'm all stocked up on food, made a trip to Asda yesterday afternoon and it wasn't too bad, although my knees were killing me the whole time and that's a sure sign that I've put on more weight. I'm going to use up the carby stuff and then move to low carb, but that won't be for a couple of weeks.

Have a good one! xxx

Another lovely day out there, really must get some washing on - but I have this (probably irrational) fear that the washing machine hasn't been connected up properly and water will come gushing out!

Feeling very nervous about the interview, but will pop some St John's Worth, that always helps.

I've been thinking about getting back on plan and was really helped by Steampunk's diary entries, which made me realise I just don't have the discipline for full keto. Read my own diary back at the beginning (all those years ago omg!) and that's what happened then too, i was doing quite well on Atkins but bread was (and still is) my Achilles heel - but I enjoyed SW's SP plan, which is low-ish carb - plus it will be cheaper and I can use everything in the cupboard and still use good oils but syn them.

So that's the plan. Now I just need to start LOL.

Good luck for today GaGirl!

After a few days where I simply could not be bothered to do a single thing, I've managed to get my chit together today and achieve quite a bit - unpacked a bit more, done some laundry (and it was fine, no leaks), met some of the neighbours and vacuumed.

Also bought a new microwave. The old one - only 9 months old for goodness sake - started flickering today, so that's outside.

AND I'm going to start meal planning because I'm definitely starting SW from home on Monday. I've reached the point where I absolutely need to stop making excuses and do something, and SW is what I'm most comfortable with.

So, it's all go :). Hope you're having a lovely weekend x

Back