Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Susie,

Just catching up on your diary and wanted to wish you every happiness in your new home!

Susie, I was going to ask how you got the little love heart smiley face but it just came up for me on the like button😊

I know what you mean about the vino! I love it, but it doesn't love me! When I lost my 4st all those years ago I didn't drink much, now I have a drink most days which leads to me eating more.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow xx

Thanks team :)

Ashamed to say the Just Eat pizza got me last night, and it's still going today - but will try and get back in focus and do a tom/veg slow cooker soup for later.

Well in all fairness pizza is Italian and Italy is in the Mediterranean 🤷🏼‍♀️

Love your thinking! :D :D Wonder how far I can stretch that geography :).

Been off plan again today - made breakfast on autopilot - toast with olive oil marg and marmalade, don't think the latter originated from the Med lol. Although they do have lots of oranges...

Really struggling the last couple of days to focus on eating well - or even doing any cooking.

Yes Stackie good idea - but slight change of plan (I can hear you all groan, OMG here she goes again lol) - it just all got to me last night, the weight, not sleeping well, my knees - and while I really like the Med woe, it's isn't a quick way to lose weight. I lost precisely 1lb in 2 weeks. Seems to me a better way to eat once you maintain, perhaps.

Soooo I've joined a SW virtual group - and had a good long chat to the consultant, who is lovely and really sounds like she has my back. I can still eat in a Med way (maybe not chucking the olive oil around as much as I've been doing) and use all the canned legumes etc - and I know the woe, it's a bit like my safe harbour. Sometimes my boring safe harbour - but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Not quite sure when I start properly, waiting to hear how the virtual thing works, but will try and use up the fresh(ish) veg in the fridge for now.

In the meantime it's a lovely day and everyone's outdoors - went out to say hi to one set of neighbours who are watching as their son removes yet more shingle from my garden (with my permission), and as I turned to go back in, got hailed by another neighbour Billy. It's like the bloody Waltons :D :D :D

And cross fingers at 11am for me, I'm chatting to a woman about a possible job that came via one of my contacts. Know nothing about it yet...all very interesting.

Oooh. How did the job chat go?

You know SW, yes it's boring, but chuck in a CC day every now and then to get the yummy foods that are a no go on the SW path and you'll be golden.

Job chat went well - being shortlisted, and find out next week re an interview.

And yes Stackie you're so right, there's nothing to stop me from mixing it up a bit. Overjoyed to find that the dark chocolate I like is only 6 syns per 4 squares - bye bye HiFis :).

I'll also keep doing the green smoothies, which are a no no on Sw, but they are also the only way I will ever eat kale. I don't care how good it is for me!

I'll also keep doing the green smoothies, which are a no no on Sw, but they are also the only way I will ever eat kale. I don't care how good it is for me!

I think the issue with smoothies on SW is fruit, i.e. taking in way too many calories of fruit without the additional fibre so not feeling full from it but if the smoothie is mostly veggies then I don't think that has to be synned, with most of them being super low calorie (the green ones anyway!)

Fingers crossed for the job!

The whole cooked / blended fruit thing with slimming world is a bit of a strange one, I understand the theory of trying not to consume too much of something but fruit has too many benefits to it. Surely everything in moderation! And some of the healthiest (slim & fit) people I know have smoothies! It's the mountains of crisps, chocolate and other stuff they DON't eat that helps 😂

LOLOL Sarah ah yes that could be where I'm going wrong :D :D

Thanks for all your encouragement, Team Fab. I start next Wednesday - it sounds quite fun actually, WI from home, text the figure to the consultant and hope the phone doesn't explode in shock, then join a Zoom group the following day.

I know I keep saying this (so much so that I'm boring myself now, and I usually find myself endlessly fascinating haha) but it's the group thing that I know helps me. I've tried so many Woes from home but have no discipline - so I'm hoping I'll get my head back in the game with a few losses.

In the meantime food at Felsham Towers isn't quite on plan yet -

B - toast and marmalade and lots of tea
L - left over pesto pasta
D - coconut curry chicken with carrots, celery and sugar snap peas - 7 syns on plan so best to use the coconut milk up now!

Sx

LOLOL

So, it's Saturday, even though I was convinced it was Sunday - another lockdown-induced senior moment :D.

Organising the kitchen ready for SW meal magic today, and got Mr Iceland coming today with SW stuff - and WINE for a Zoom birthday party I'm joining tonight, it's probably going to be carnage but will be the last one for a while because I'm going teetotal again once I'm back on plan. I did it for a year last time, so know it can be done!

Also got a local fruit and veg shop bringing lots of nice fresh stuff mid week, so that will be the fridge and pantry fully stocked and ready to go.

Not sure what's on the menu today, just having coffee at the moment.

Have a good day all x

I was sure it was Sunday too! Enjoy tonight x

Good luck going teetotal. One day I will join you on that wagon!! The SW group will be great for accountability, I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way :) xx

Back