Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks lovelies for all the positive vibes - much needed!

Stackie - OMG it was hilarious but absolute carnage! Eight of us in the end, until the wee hours, making NO sense whatsoever. But yesterday I had about two hours sleep, then was up for hours with the most awful palpitations - I've had them once before, but not as bad or over such a long period and it's the most awful feeling, made me feel really scared (the end is nigh, and all that).

Anyhoo, what with that and being a bit concerned about health things generally, I've officially given up alcohol, am going to try to give up smoking too, will dive straight into SW on Wednesday, start listening to the Slimpod again and will also get back into the inhouse walking stuff. Time to look after myself!

Last edited:
It was good you had a good time and enjoyed yourself...it’s a pity it was spoilt later with heart palpitations...had them a few times myself, scary stuff.🥺

Good luck with your new start with SW and best of luck with giving up smoking... I did it over twenty two years ago and of late during lockdown I have fancied a smoke😱... I know enough not to touch them, as I wouldn’t be able to stop.

Don’t try to give up everything all at once as that will put a lot of pressure on yourself...

Thanks Charlotte :).

Morning all - was planning a sleep in after some very weird nightmares from the early hours, but then got a delivery of laminate - two days early! The lovely driver brought them to the door, even though he didn't have to, and I managed to get them inside - with much puffing and panting, they weigh a tonne. Maybe I'll just move them around the house and that can be my daily exercise LOL.

Last day before WI tomorrow, and i'm feeling very focused and upbeat about it all. The last two months have been like an enforced, unemployed staycation and now it's time to get down to the business of self improvement. I've cut back on smoking big time and am already feeling less 'chesty', and will dig out my favourite SW recipes today.

So - food today will be bad, using up the last of the forbidden fruit called hash browns and cheap sausages, but i like starting with a clean slate and not having bad stuff about.

Have a good day, all xx

Just did my first Zoom group and it was great - only 30 mins, about 7-8 people doing it (much less of the clapping!), and will suit very well going forward.

Any good ideas for using up a Swede? It came in a veg delivery and I don't think I've ever had one before!

Excellent! Swede gratin coming up mmm :D.

So here's what today's looking like -

B - ACV and lemon water, then mushroom and herb omelette. coffee, apple
L - chicken, feta and beetroot bake (half HEA, or might syn the feta)
D - beetroot, fennel and orange salad (god see that halo?!), with lovely orange oil I can use as dressing (2 syns for a tablespoon), greek yogurt with 20g flaked almonds (7) and chopped apple
S - 3 ryvita rye cakes (half HEB) with cheese (half HEA) and marmite - I like having a piece of bread in the night to help the magnesium/potassium combo work quicker for RLS, so will keep a slice back

Might also have 4 squares of dark chocolate - 6 syns - total of 15 syns for the day. Going to try and eat lighter for dinner, see how I get on.

Think that all sounds pretty good, don't you? Been playing around with Copy Me That, it has a menu planner, shopping list and recipe imports, etc- no app, but I've just learned how to copy the website to the iPhone screen so it works just like an app, happy days :). I love being able to copy a recipe and get rid of all the lengthy chit chat - oh the power! :D.

Later - had a great Zoom chat with the SW consultant, she is so lovely, and it was me and one other SW returner,so we could ask lots of questions - so I'm feeling very positive and upbeat about it all. Ended up having half the feta bake thing with the salad for lunch and it was scrumptious.

Last edited:
Morning all

100% on plan yesterday - you'd kinda hope so for Day 1, wouldn't you? :classic_roll_eyes:

Hungry this morning but can't face eating because something's not right with my older cat and I'm really worried about her - so I'm having coffee instead. A bit of a fast won't hurt anyway. I'm sure she will be ok but Worry is my middle name.

Later - she seems fine now, not lethargic and ate something - so relieved!

Brunch - HEB bread, 1 HEA cheese, ham sandwich, coffee
L - (very late) - my take on Rumpledethumps - potato, cabbage, red onion, bacon, garlic, herbs, 1 HEA cheese across the lot, then cooked in the oven with foil on top - made about 4 servings
D - same as lunch - rest in the freezer!

Last edited:
Afternoon on a lovely but very blowy day

Feeling very chipper today - found a fab job to apply for; and the lads are here putting down laminate in the spare room, and doing some other jobs - all of which will make life easier around the cottage, and make it feel more like home.

Foodwise, not had time to have B yet, and it's now half 12. Also got another fruit and veg delivery by mistake (!) but they said to keep it - so I've got lots to use up - including 24 apples, which should keep the doctor well and truly away :D.

L - ham, herb and HEA cheese omelette with tomato, cucumber and romaine lettuce salad - oil spray and raspberry viniagrette dressing (5)
D - creamy garlic mushrooms with roast potatoes, and cabbage sauteed in butter (3) with feta (HEA)
S - rye cakes (HEB) with marmite, or Sweet Freedom (4) - and apples, lots of apples lol

Syns - 12. Got 20 a day, so might have choc later, or syn a piece of bread for during the night.

Also got loads of courgettes, so will spiral and freeze them.

Enjoy your long weekend!

Complete change of menu - didn't feel hungry for most of it and didn't want to force food down when i don't want it :)

B - two apples, two coffees
L - ham and HEA cheese sandwich (HEB)
D - 3 small fried eggs on wilted spinach and steamed mushrooms - not a huge serving but just enough
S - fruit and yogurt with flaked almonds (7), cookies (5), 4 squares dark chocolate (6)

Just love the SW consultant - she tagged me this morning on the FB group asking what I had for brekkie and always comments on pictures of meals that members post - just keeps touching base with people, a very refreshing change!

Floor is done and looks great, the hallway gets done tomorrow and then i can really get stuck in and finish unpacking!

I’m delighted you have a nice consultant to keep you motivated😊

Your SW meals look very healthy Susie...nice gift of apples👍

How is the cat, did she recover?

She did thanks Mini ❤- I think it was a reaction to tuna, turns out they can't have canned tuna very often (who knew!). All back to normal today, thank heavens.

The lads are due back today to finish the laminating and do a load of other little jobs for me, and then it's time to unpack - and cook up a storm :).

B - coffee and apples, i think - not massively hungry
L - creamy garlic mushrooms on roast cube potatoes with a green salad
D - courgetti with veggie pasta, I think

Still very windy out there!

Afternoon all

Couldn't get in the kitchen yesterday, some unexpected work being done - so no creamy mushrooms and way too much bread and cheese instead. Oops.

Did a SWI this morning and down 2lbs which surprises me because I've not been on plan much the last two days, including all the bread (probably twice my HEB allowance at least, ditto the cheese), and 6 Oatie biscuits last night! So no more syns and will try and live on veg stew and apples until WI on Tuesday :D.

B/L - eggs and HEA cheese on HEB bread, coffee
D - veg stew!
S - none

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Hi Susie! Sounds like a good start to SW :) I'm glad your consultant is lovely, it really makes a huge difference.

LOL loving your comments but not sure about "got this" bit, did a WI this morning and I've gained 3lbs....thanks to scoffing a load of biscuits and chocolate last night, plus overate Asda reduced fat chips (not reduced enough, obviously lol)!

So, today will be apples and greens and coffee, in a desperate bid to peg it back a bit.

I honestly don't know what got into me, I was so focused at the beginning...but will just take it on the chin and start afresh. A week is nothing compared to a lifetime :classic_roll_eyes: .

You're less than a week in. Don't be so hard on yourself! Make small changes, create new habits. Maybe try not to focus on the end goal, focus on a pound at a time.

One thing I have noticed, is when you've had biscuits, chocolate etc you tend to try and reign it back in and restrict yourself. Could it be you're over restricting which is leading you to more overeating? I know if I force myself to lower my food intake a lot, after a couple of days I'll have had enough then no food is safe from me scoffing it.

I know you can do this, I have faith in you :) xx

You are such a love El, what a fab post xxx - going to keep that for my signature to remind me!

I don't know on the over restricting thing, could well be that you're right. The best option for me really is to just not have them in the house - but I did order some wine in my Asda shop, because I realised that a) summer is coming b) this is going to be a l-o-n-g journey of mine and c) life is too short :D. So as long as I don't overdo it on the vino front, things should go a bit more smoothly.

Morning all

WI this morning and I've STS'd, which means the mid week gain has come off - amazing because I had wine and snacks last night! But incredibly the snacks were carrots and celery - go me :D.

Back on it this week!

B - eggs on HEB bread and HEA cheese (melted mmm) and tea
L - Heck sausage salad - 2 sossies (1)
D - veggie casserole - if i get around to it...

Where's the sun gone!

Back