Susie's 2022 campaign

Hopefully this gadget is easy to wash and store

Hey all - had a great day foodwise, all low carb and delish!

B - l/o mince and spinach
L - avocado salad
D - garlic chicken and mushrooms with cheeeeeeeessssseeee :D

And all done by 6pm!

For low carbers here, there's a website called https://lowcarbandketobakery.co.uk/ - horrendously expensive but they're offering a 60% discount so I spent £20 and got £70 worth of low carb bread and rolls, and free shipping. No idea when it'll all arrive, it was only once I paid and checked out that I got a note saying that because of COVID it might take up to two months to arrive! Oh well, it'll be a nice surprise when it does :).

Wow, you will be well hungry by the time they arrive.

Sounds like a good day! Lovely menu and that really is a good deal x

Noooooo I just looked at the low carb bakery website. I couldn't have any of that in the house. It is expensive but as you have got the 60% off seems stupid not to order.

garlic chicken and mushrooms with cheeeeeeeessssseeee sounds divine. My sort of food.

Noooooo I just looked at the low carb bakery website. I couldn't have any of that in the house. It is expensive but as you have got the 60% off seems stupid not to order.

I know, crazy money - without the discount! Did you look at the cake section, Mary? Heaven!

Been a very bad day for food, but not to worry, that can be my go mad treat day LOL.

Back on it tomorrow.

Cake is always the first thing I look at.:rolleyes: Same when we go out for dinner I always look at dessert first.:D Now if I could start at dessert and work backwards I would be fine as after the main course I don't seem to have room for dessert.:(

How are you doing and that Multi Chef sounds interesting if you don't need the other gadgets.

Morning my lovelies - sorry for the radio silence, been a busy few days.

The multicooker arrived damaged and has been returned to the seller, who is now kicking off because the postage label she provided was for an item weighing 0-2kg and the multicooker weighed over 7kg and cost £14! Silly woman - didn't wrap anything around it when she sent it, and then she selected the wrong return label. I've already checked with eBay and I'm in the right, so I'll get the money back - but it was a shame not to be able to try it out. I'll stick with the gadgets I have - not as many as in the past, I have managed to get rid of a few :D.

Sadly my work contract finishes on Tuesday, the new woman is in post now - but they want me back for short term contracts throughout the rest of the year. In the meantime I may have picked up a private client for a PR job, and am applying for everything applicable - because it's gonna get rocky for the economy for years. My new mantra needs to be: "Stop looking at eBay!".

Foodwise, because I'm on an economy drive I need to use up the 3-4 week's worth of food I have in the house - so will get that used up and then go back onto low carb, because I really enjoy it as a way of eating. Some recipes sound crazy - apple pie made from courgettes (seriously) and yogurt made just from a can of coconut milk and probiotic powder, which just sounds...claggy!

I don't buy anything now unless I need to. So something has to break before I replace it.:) I haven't used ebay for ages. Just wish I could stop using Amazon. :)

Guess she was hoping you would pay the rest and keep quite.

Apple pie made from courgettes sounds interesting.

Morning all

Reporting in from the sick bay here, been absolutely floored by some bug that had me sleeping 20 hours a day. Pretty sure it's not COVID but have just done a test to be sure. Scary how bugs can transmit so easily - I've seen barely anyone, socially distanced when I did see people on the whole, wore a mask every single time I went out and wore a mask when people came to the house (one guy didn't so it's hard not to point the finger of blame at him). Woke up on Sunday with a blinding headache and raging temperature and this insatiable need to sleep, so since then it's been sipping water, shuffling to the loo and back to bed - and out like a light every time.

Day 4 and I've been able to get up for a hour so far without feeling too woozy, and I could do with some food, which is always a good sign - after illness, not during dieting :D.

Hope you’re ok sweetheart! Let us know the results of your test. I really hope it’s not covid. Get as much rest as you can and don’t ever push yourself as you could end up with long COVID/ME.
People could end up like me and that’s a very scary though. This is the time to be selfish, if you struggle with something don’t do it. Seriously it’s so important, post viral fatigue ruined my life. Don’t go for short walks or do any exercise, just chill out and be positive. you can DM me if you want to.

Take it so easy susie, I hope you start to feel better soon lovely x

Thanks ladies, I’m surprised at the ferocity of it, was talking to a friend and went to sleep during the call!

The fever came back today so I’ve just been sleeping and wishing I’d stocked up on chicken soup. LOL. Feel hungry but the thought of actually eating is a no go.
Sxxx

Another day or two, I think, Dolly - major triumph today though, managed to have a shower and change into clean PJs, and feel so much better.

But feeling a bit woozy again, so back to snoozing - Charlotte is right, there's no rushing this thing!

Once I feel better, it's back on plan and I think I'm just going to keep things simple and calorie count...really had it with diet plans and clubs and "eat this don't eat this". Just need to keep going on it and stop changing my mind! :)

Afternoon all on this lovely day - and the Illness mystery is over, I managed to get registered at a surgery and seen by the GP all in one go - and it’s cellulitis, not Covid! To confirm, I got my test result back to say it was negative.

I’m so happy it’s not C-19 but cellulitis is no picnic. Won’t bore you with it but can’t wait until the antibiotics kick in!

Hope you’re all enjoying the sun! Sx

Afternoon all - still lots of pain and redness in the poor old leg, I'm trying to keep it elevated but no change yet. Back to the GP on Friday and I imagine it'll be another round of antibiotics.

Been surviving off ready meals as I can't stand for any length of time - but this too will pass :).

Take care cherubs x

Back