Susie's 2022 campaign

Note to self - do not let the painkillers wear off before deciding to have more! Just had a very unpleasant hour waiting for them to kick in.

However, I feel much cheerier and positive now, knowing I'm being well looked after. The nurse even put a sausage tube thing on each leg so the bandaging doesn't unravel. I might even be able to get some work done later (I save it for the night when I can't sleep, ditto the dishes), and I'm about to try cooking up some chicken for a satay.

Oh I've done that so many times with painkillers for my back - I have to set myself alarms on my phone or I will do it repeatedly as I never learn. Glad you are feeling better now they are kicked in. The slimming world meals seem to have much more variety now which should make relying on them a bit easier as you won't get bored (I'm saying that even when I was using them/doing slimming world I often stuck to my favourites :)

I ended up having chicken and salad with roast garlic mayo for dinner, lovely it was too!

I've got three SW lunch pots/soups left in the fridge but after five days I'm not sure how safe they will be, they are supposed to stay frozen until you want to use them. Just had to throw out a supermarket plastic bag of veg that's gone off, but in the scheme of things that's ok, I've done alright on the rest of it.

Now time to relax - smells like it might rain, so the cats are in, heating is on and I'm going to catch up on reading, with tea and ginger nuts ready for later.

Thanks for all your lovely messages, BTW, you really are a supportive lot and I'm very grateful xx.

Lost 1lb over the week - but what with all that's been going on (including some outrageous chocolate consumption and bread!), I'll take that, thanks very much :D.

It hasn't really been much of a SW week but I do feel myself groping my way towards a pattern of coffee for B, protein and salad or soup for L and D, and then a few treats, so will stay with that for a bit and see how I get on. Perhaps it's time to break out of the "I'm huge, I need to lose huge amounts" mindset!

And in other incredibly exciting news - guess who hasn't had RLS for four days!!! Found out from my RLS forum that tramadol is one of the prescribed drugs for it so will have a good chat to the GP about going on it longer term. Oh blimey remember just a couple of months ago when I said a life without RLS would be wonderful??!! (not going to say the words out loud LOL).

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss! And that's great news about no RLS, hopefully you have found something that helps you with the tramodol. Don't know if this is relevant or not to you but when I took before for pain relief I did need to take something else to stop me having constipation.

Also need your help with sourcing cheap but absorbent towels and maybe a single duvet or two?

Hi I have a diary on the JUDDD forum ( which is tumbleweed there nowadays ). Puppy pads might help. I buy them for mopping up art related spills from Poundland and they are £2 for a pack of 30.

Last edited:
Woo well done on the loss and the lack of restless leg - I mean you have to take the positives where you can get them right?

I used to take slimming worlds soups (and meals) to work and keep them in the fridge and have them over a week and a bit and they were always fine? I was defrosting them on purpose because we had 2 microwaves in an office of 300 +people and if I microwaved anything for 12 minutes I would not have been popular and they took a lot less time defrosted.

Woo well done on the loss and the lack of restless leg - I mean you have to take the positives where you can get them right?

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D

And noted re the SW defrosting saga of 2020. I've ended up having bread and stuff off the naughty list because i've got a pill wedged in my throat, not blocking it or anything, just being annoying, so thought the bread might shift it - but no luck yet.

Afternoon all - another duvet day after working until 3am this morning, but it meant I could relax today - all three case studies written and emailed to the contacts for their amends and sign offs.

I am just loving having undisturbed sleep. No hot legs, no twitches - just coming to gently, rolling over and thinking "More sleep" and doing just that. It's such a wonderful luxury, I hope it lasts forever - one of the awful things with these dopamine inhibitors is that they wear off, but let's hope it's not the case for the Tramadol. Anyhoo, I'm due at the surgery this afternoon to see the head GP so will ask about about a repeat prescription.

And typically on the food front - I have a fridge full to bursting and I'm not hungry. Had three crumpets and that's it.

Last edited:
I’m so happy you’ve been having better sleeps! I’ve been getting burning soles of my feet some nights and it really keeps me awake, I’m normally very cold lol. Hope all went well at the doctors x

Catching up Susie and while you still seem to be having a tough time of it there does seem to be solutions to some of it.
Stay strong and keep going.
Has the breathlesness and palpatations improved at all?

Hope all went well at the doctors x

Thanks Charlotte, can't say it did, actually, he is totally lacking in bedside manners or empathy, and the purpose of his seeing me was, it turns out, to tell me I can't have the DN visit every day - despite the fact that the DN herself says I need the bandaging changed at least once a day, that I can't do it myself and for the moment I can't get down to the surgery every day - so I fought my corner and won. But really, not a very pleasant man - so will avoid him in future and go to my favourite.

And yet now I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the DN to show - even though she's not late - well, you don't get given a time, they just show up, but she said yesterday they try to do it ast about the same time each day.

Has the breathlesness and palpatations improved at all?

Yes they have gone thanks love - and what a humungous relief to be able to breathe normally! So, cross fingers, it's just the legs to get healed now and hopefully that's it for health issues for me for a while! :)

Morning all

Not weighed this morning - don't really see the point while my legs are full of water TBH - but I do feel lighter. Love those days :).

Slept really well, woke twice, once for the loo, and that was it. I am mindful of the addictive nature of Tramadol, and I really want to start spreading out the time between taking them, but have got pain again in the worst leg this morning, and it's horrible if you don't keep on top of it.

Food - just coffee, not hungry right now. There's definitely something in one of the pills I'm taking that is making me eat less - just wish there was a pill you could take that made you want to eat only veg! :D.

Last edited:
Oh that's awful about the doctor - good for you for fighting your corner - the DN said so and they will be more up on wound care and dressings than a GP.

That pill would make millions. I recently google that pill you can take that makes lemons (or anything else you eat taste sweet) because it was being talked about on a QI repeat as my thought was there is very little carbs in lemon (as they aren't sweet) and if i had the tablet i could have them as a low carb fruit but they were expensive so i didn't bother.

What an @ss of a doctor, glad you stood up for yourself. I mean he can obviously see that its not like you have been overusing the NHS service for yonks. That you have only just appeared with a genuine concern snd this is the first time you have asked for assistance from them.
Its more cost effective (never mind more humane) to let rhe DN treat you now than have to admit you to hospital in 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Evening my lovelies - well it has been a very good day overall. I'm doing some volunteer PR advisor work with the U3A - it's a huge network across the country of clubs/interests for people who are mainly retired or working part time. Really chuffed to be involved because it will be a great interest for me post Covid, so I'm doing some brand and writing work for them and sitting in on national zoom meetings.

Also had a fantastic call with my fab GP (not the other one). He agrees that the benefits of Tramadol for RLS far outweigh the addictive side of things, or it losing its efficacy, so he's happy to prescribe it for me for as long as I need it woohoo - hopefully no more RLS!!!!! I told him about losing my appetite and we're both happy about it at the moment. but will keep an eye on it - I did a WI this morning and I'm 16lbs down since 29 August (and BMI has come down 2 points) - but TBH my menus aren't exactl;y healthy, so i do need to work on that. Had an SW beef stroganoff meal today and nearly threw it out - the sauce tasted like liquid soap, it was disgusting!

The pain in my leg is really bad, we're battling a different type of infection so it might mean a more powerful antibiotic - and for now I'm having to stick to a strict regime of 100mg Tramadol every 6 hours (there's nothing else apart from morphine and i'm not allowed ibuprofen any more), so since half ten I've been doing dishes, cleaning out emails, catching up with case study work and other things to distract me lol - at this rate the house will be gleaming :D :D.

Hope you all had a good day xxx.

Sorry to hear your pain is still quite bad but everything else sounds so positive.

Once you get your infection under control you'll feel so much better.

Ouch and oow to the infection and pain you are experiencing.

Back