Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all

Oh my days that dinner was one of the yummiest meals I've had in ages! and even better news is I've got more of it for tonight :D. A huge pile of lettuce, sweetcorn, peppers and grated carrot, then sauteed swede and carrot cubes (they were for a soup mix originally) and some feta, with orange olive oil over it - YUM! Quite expensive calorie wise in terms of all the feta, i put in more than i meant to - but about 500 cals for the lot so still not bad at all.

L - BLT on seeded bread and coffee 300
D - as above 500
S - something from yesterday's list, will see how i feel

Have a good one, cherubs!

Last edited:
Afternoon all

Getting cold here again today, let's hope it's a mild winter!

Menu -
L - BLT on seeded toast, yummy! 300
S - soup and 2 rye cakes - 300
D - ready meal and steamed mangetout and beans - 400

Overdid it on the treats front last night, it's just too easy to eat a tub of Halo, rather than just half, so will only buy individual lollies from now on!

Wrap up warm, everyone!

Afternoon all - apparently we're in for an Indian summer next week, doesn't feel like it at the moment though, does it :).

Menu -

B - seeded toast, 2 small eggs, bacon, smear of light mayo - 500
L - 2 pieces fish and steamed spinach - 400
D - red pepper soup I think, with more spinach - 260
S - 2 milk lollies - 180, leftover smoothie - 80
Coffee, tea, 2 litres water

Total - 1420 - happy with that.

Evening all

Had a bit of a blow out here, due to having a bread craving, not having any in the cupboard and reaching for Just Eat LOL. So it will be a light day tomorrow!

L - burger with bun, lettuce and meat pattie (450), small portion of chips (600) - 1,050
D - 1/2 panini with ham and cheese - 500
S - ice lollies - 200

So, about 1,800 and over my allowance - but not as bad as it could have been!

Woohoooooo despite my carby blowout yesterday, I lost 9lbs at WI this morning, so that's 1 stone 1lb loss so far :D :D.

Am really loving the flexibility of this eating plan, and I'm sure the fasting is helping the losses. Onwards and downwards!

Brunch - burger bun with 2 sossies and an egg - 550
PM - small slice quiche with salad - 350

Leaves loads of cals for whatever - but might keep it low today, or have some veggie soup.

Keep warm and dry!

I think sometimes we do need a blow out. As long as you get straight back on it next day it shouldn't do any damage.

Well done on the 9lb loss this week. Seems like this new way of eating for you is working.:)

Thanks Mary - yes I am really enjoying it, and I think because I'm not obsessing about every single calorie and having to plug it all in to My Fitness Pal, etc, it's making it a lot simpler, and easier long term - I just do a quick google and that's it done. At WI this morning I weighed myself three times - didn't believe the 9lbs - but the 2nd and 3rd weigh ins both came in at 12lbs loss! Decided to go the lower one, just in case :).

Had the hungries a bit today and ended up going over my cals today - as well as above, I had a light ready meal (300), an orange, pear, (100) and 6 rice cakes (200) with Sweet Freedom (180) on them, so I've come in just under 1700 - still not bad.

I'm also uber happy because I've made a really big, positive, decision about something that was making me unhappy and the answer was staring me in the face - funny how that happens. Will reveal all when plans are further developed :).

Oh hun I’m so proud of you, you’ve really got this and CC is the best and I fast till about 12 too! I’ve not been about lately as my health has been really bad. I’m sort of sticking to it but when you’re ill you can go from I want to eat the world to not eating for days. I’ve got in infection and that’s what got me to the hospital before and I don’t want that,I’ve had a week of antibiotics and I still have the infection. Another phone call to the doctors tomorrow. Sorry hun I’ve gone on a bit of a ramble! Hope you are ok and I’ve missed being on here and I miss you. Take care lovely xxx

Missed you too, lovely Charlotte - and I'm so sorry to hear your health has gone downhill again. After just a few months of it, i think you are the bravest person i know, to keep on keeping on, especially when there are times you feel completely rubbish (((((((big hugs)))))))).

Well it's all go here with the big decision, which is to move south again. I'm sure none of you will be surprised at that :). I've not been happy up here and can't see any point in struggling on, so it's off to the south coast, where I've wanted to live for years. i just got so focused on not having a mortgage, that was my main motivation for the move up north, but i need to be happy in the environment and with the people around me. The south coast is cosmopolitan, arty, cultural and has lots of single oldies like me - and I can't wait.

The cottage goes on the market tomorrow, London will be on in a few weeks, depending on how fast we can get a valuation done, and I'm in contact with agents down the coast for good rental properties - so i'll rent for a while, then look to buy a 1-2 bed garden flat, which will mean working until pension age but so be it.

Food today, not brilliant in terms of veg yet!
L - burger with slice of cheese, lettuce and tom - 500
D - ready meal 550
S - Asda Great Shape bars, the mint ones - 2 - very yummy - 150

Will try and have some salad later!

Hastings or close by :).

The agent up here is a fast worker, has come round and valued it already and it's going on the market tomorrow. I won't make much of a profit but she thinks it'll sell in 2-3 months, so looks like the move will be in the New Year. Can't wait.

Honestly Susie, i blink and you move house. Im sure you must still be unpacking things from Italy. But if you are now doing contract work from home then your location is irrelevant and you should be where you are happy.
Sorry the heart issue and breathlessness has come back but 3 months without smokes n drink is amazing and must be having a positive effect

Yeah I know it's like a revolving door with me on the moving front at times - but I've given it my best shot here and I'm not happy, so off we go again. I actually like change, although the physical side of packing/moving is getting harder but will recruit my next door neighbour to help! And the new area is much more me, I know it really well, got friends there already and I'm confident I'll settle much better - plus it's much closer to London in case things get bad with work and I need to commute back in.

Plus good news healthwise - the nurse thinks the awful blistery sores on my legs will be all healed in a few weeks, now we're on the right course of treatment - happy days! I'm really excited to see how losing weight will help improve the heart and breathing things - had a shower yesterday and it was SO much easier, I was able to finish without having to stop to gasp for air - so we're on the way back up to good health woohoo, after one very big lesson learned!

Menu -

L - roasted butternut, peppers, swede, carrot with a big green salad and feta (450)
D - Bolognese pasta and wilted spinach (500)
S - keeping it light today because lots of naughty things sneaked into my Asda shop yesterday and I had to sample them!

Keep warm and dry all, it's blowing a gale up here!

Well my friends things didn't go quite to plan - I had pre-made stir fry with chicken and egg noodles and got food poisoning! Been sick as a pike for 24 hours, althogh i'm much better now - and the nurse thinks I had a mild case of cellulitis again too, my leg is still a bit red so she's checking with the GP about whether it needs more antibiotics. But on the plus side, the ulcers are looking a bit better.

Menu

B - 2 pieces bread with a banana - 400 - hungry today after nothing yesterday! :)
L - sweet potato fries with roasted Med veg - 360
D - other half of lunch - 360

Might have some Muesli and yogurt/fruit later

Well that's annoying, it's confirmed that I've got cellulitis back - the GP thinks we didn't get rid of it all last time, although it's much milder than before. Explains why I just wanted to sleep all day yesterday and felt freezing cold (more than normal) - and it's better treated than left, that can be dangerous.

Oh well, museli in a bit!

Back