Susie's 2022 campaign

Oooo no to the food poisoning and OOOOOOOOOooooo no to the cellulitis. Yep, get the antibiotics quick. And look after yourself.

The local pharmacy is great, they dropped the a/biotics round yesterday, so I'll soon be right as rain.

Pics of the cottage should go live today hopefully!

Menu -
B (hungry today) - 2 seeded toasts (246) with 2 tsp peanut better (34) and a banana (105) - should keep me full for a while! - 390
L - salad (40) with feta (150) and oil (120) - 310
D - ready meal - about 350

Keep warm folks, it's cold out there!

Yep, ive just lite the fire so sitting room is warm by 4pm when i finish work

Afternoon all

Typical changeable weekend weather,so the cats and i are staying in and doing a few jobs - if only I could teach them how to vacuum :D.

Quite peckish when i woke up but waited and i'm pleased I did.

L - seeded bread x 2 with 3 low cal sossies and 2 slices plastic cheese - 560
D - a ready meal and salad - 350
S - chocolate peanuts 300, not sure what else

Morning all - a winter sun is out, and very welcome after horrible weather for most of the last three weeks. I must try and get out in it, get some Vit D in me!

Well I am overjoyed to report that I lost 13lbs at WI this morning, for a total of two stone over the last three weeks! I'm sure the water tablets are helping that along, but a good part of it has to be the new woe, and I can't quite believe it, weighed myself three times and it was the same every time :D. What else is helping it - no pizza, not much cheese (and when I do it's usually feta), snacking on muesli bowls and fruit, eating more leafy greens - so basically all the things they tell you to do but which seems to have taken ages to sink into my little grey cells LOL. I'm still eating bread and chocolate and cookies, but in much less quantities - and I'm not going fanatical over every little calorie.

So that's the two stone I wanted to lose by the time I see the consultant next - might surprise both of us by losing another two by then!

Ooooh and it's 100 days today without cigarettes or alcohol!

Menu today -
B - coffee
L - got a big salad bowl to use up, will add some orange segments, feta and orange juice/olive oil as dressing (450)
D - chicken supreme with cheese mash - mushrooms, mustard, wilted spinach and a packet of Asda cheese and onion mash - will work out the cals later but have plenty left anyway

Have a lovely Sunday!

Last edited:
Thats an amazing weight loss Susie well done. And even more impressive that it was done with no cigarettes.

Thanks love, I am so stoked!

A client has paid an invoice so have decided to celebrate both things and treat myself to some yummy skinny food from a local restaurant called Clean Bean for dinner, instead of my planned menu, I'll have that tomorrow instead :). Clean Bean does all natural food, they source everything locally and they make awesome low cal burgers!

L - 2 x seeded toast, 2 eggs, bacon, 2 plastic cheese slices - 500
D - don't know yet :)

Last edited:
Morning all

Stuffed myself on a hawaiian burger last night - or at least, half of it - couldn't manage the other half, so my tum is definitely shrinking! I did have questions last night about whether it's all water weight caused by the water pills, but surely some it is down to the new woe! Oh well we will soon find out, I guess there's only so much water you can lose?

B - coffee
L - will see how I feel, maybe some soup and rice cakes
D - left over burger

Woohoo just heard my contract has been extended to Christmas - and might even go part time but for longer in 2021.

It's now half 5 and I've got the other contract too woohoo, start part time next Monday, go fulltime in Jan. Interesting option - it will convert into a full time perm role, which would delay moving down south for a couple of years, but doesn't stop me buying a buy to let down there - and it would be so good not to have to worry about where my next payslip is coming from!

Last edited:
Well done on the extended contract.
Ive missed something somewhere, what are the water pills for??

The heart consultant put me on water pills to reduce the leg swelling and they should also help reduce the fluttering. Don't know about the last thing but my ankles are looking very slim :).

Had a really decent night's sleep - I did wake a few times but got straight back off again. Busy day at work, albeit not so glamorous lol, lots of interviewing charities about the food they get from FareShare. it's always so lovely to hear how useful it is to help feed the people they support.

And I think I'm clear on the other job and that I will apply for the permanent role. It means staying in the cottage but selling London, and then having the £ to do the cottage up to a really nice standard, and also buying a flat down the coast to rent out, with the aim of paying it off before pension time so I can move down there and the accommodation side of things is taken care of.

B - coffee
L - l/o chicken salad with orange oil
D - ready meal and salad - or might make fasolakia, the green beans and toms dish I like

Have a good one!

The heart consultant put me on water pills to reduce the leg swelling and they should also help reduce the fluttering. Don't know about the last thing but my ankles are looking very slim :).

Had a really decent night's sleep - I did wake a few times but got straight back off again. Busy day at work, albeit not so glamorous lol, lots of interviewing charities about the food they get from FareShare. it's always so lovely to hear how useful it is to help feed the people they support.

And I think I'm clear on the other job and that I will apply for the permanent role. It means staying in the cottage but selling London, and then having the £ to do the cottage up to a really nice standard, and also buying a flat down the coast to rent out, with the aim of paying it off before pension time so I can move down there and the accommodation side of things is taken care of.

B - coffee
L - l/o chicken salad with orange oil
D - ready meal and salad - or might make fasolakia, the green beans and toms dish I like

Have a good one!
Good luck with the med change fingers crossed for you
I had to go and google Fasolakia - where has this been all my life, I love green beans will need to see if I can Slimming World this for me - thanks

I love fasolakia, the garlic is lush, and I imagine you could use olive oil in a spray?

Well it's silly o'clock and I can't sleep, but at least I'm having fun with my new laptop - a lovely 17" HP Envy. Saved a lot buying it second hand on eBay and I'm very pleased with it, easy to set up and it's soooo much faster than the old one - plus I should get £200 or thereabouts for the old one, do that brings the cost down even more. Happy days.

Really feeling so positive about my soap opera life at the moment. After the last dire few months, everything is on the up, cross fingers may it stay that way! And now I'm really looking forward to Christmas and then a much better 2021 for everyone. If I get the permanent role that means I can fix the cottage up and maybe even get a new car - as it will probably entail a lot of driving - so lots to look forward to. Plus losing weight, and improving my health, and it's all good :).

Time for a cup of tea xxx.

All is good with the world today Susie. Lets take that as the matra for today. But as its 2020 we need to check back for tomorrow 😅

LOL ain't that the truth Tipp!

Coffee made and ready to start work. Hopefully today I should be able to get the contract for the other job sorted. I have to go through an agency and the one the employer recommends is the one I spoke to after I was freshly made redundant, and the woman remembered me, which was lovely!

So it will be a bit busy in Susie World for a while, juggling two full time jobs until Christmas, plus the extra work for my old company - but it's not for long and then it will go back to one f/t job in Jan. And it's a lovely dilemma to have!

Menu -

B - coffee
L - toast with banana and peanut butter, a pear
D - fasolakia and veg casserole

Have a good one!

Oh thanks Ladybird that's really good to know. And I didn't realise you could stay on them for years, suspect it will be the same for me!

Well I've come a cropper foodwise - what with 3 cocolate mint rice cakes @ 80 cals each, and 4 pieces of rocky road oops! Think it'll be water for dinner, I'm so full of rubbish! :)

I've been a bit off piste lately too. I a m craving carbs cos it is so cold. Yes I've been on them 30 years. I swell up like a balloon if I don't take them and the water retention effects my losses.

Last edited:
Morning all

Got the hungries today, so just had B - and oh my it was lovely! Will go light the rest of the day to compensate.

B - 2 seeded toast, 2 eggs, bacon, cheese - about 580 cals - and worth every morsel!
L - soup
D - beans and other veg

Keep warm, all!

Back