Susie's 2022 campaign

I'm on a last day to, a day off work. But am going to try to go out for a short walk first.

Weather is brightening up a bit npw, yaye! Just back from having my first jab, very organised and it didn't hurt a bit.

Of course I had to have some chocolate when I got home, for being so brave LOL.

Going to try really hard to get back into cooking. Ordered the Drew & Cole clever chef (I can sell on three other gadgets) and will be able to leave it on the bench and use it every day. It's also a soup maker but will keep my Drew & Cole soup maker because it blends it as part of the process, so why dirty my hand stick blender? :D. So that's the plan for the weekend.

Hello :) yay for getting your vaccination, I might be getting my second tomorrow if things work out.

I'm jealous of your fancy appliances! I don't know what they are, but I think I want them!

It's been a while since you squired a new gadget so one must have been due. What does this one do?

It's been a while since you squired a new gadget so one must have been due. What does this one do?

😂😂😂😂 yes you're right, it has been a while!

The Clever Chef has lots of different functions - slow cook, stew, steam, roast, poach, bake, make rice, yoghurt, rise dough - and with my tiny kitchen it means I can get rid of the oven, the humungus slow cooker that I can't use because it's too big, the yogurt maker, most of my baking dishes - it's a slimmed down version (unlike me lol). My microwave is also a combi oven, albeit a much smaller size, so with the two gadgets I'm pretty well covered.

Chilli - there's always time for looking at gadgets, it's one of my favourite things to do LOL.

I do love a gadget too, but more likely to be something craft related, I really want an embroidery machine for example but way out of my budget for the moment!

Weather is brightening up a bit npw, yaye! Just back from having my first jab, very organised and it didn't hurt a bit.

Of course I had to have some chocolate when I got home, for being so brave LOL.

Going to try really hard to get back into cooking. Ordered the Drew & Cole clever chef (I can sell on three other gadgets) and will be able to leave it on the bench and use it every day. It's also a soup maker but will keep my Drew & Cole soup maker because it blends it as part of the process, so why dirty my hand stick blender? :D. So that's the plan for the weekend.
I had my first jab yesterday. Couldn't stop to treat myself to a choc bar as hubby drove me there. :(

I need to get back into cooking. I have become very lazy since we went into lockdown last year. The Clever Chef sounds interesting. Let me know how you get on with it.

What version of the vaccine did ye get. The Pfizer one doesn't seem t.o have any side effects but the Astra Zeneca one seems to be giving mild flu like symptoms. We need to get on track with it here, we have a very strict priority schedule for it and because of work I should be within the next 3 weeks. But yep, whichever one it deserves some chocolate.

I had the Pfizer one and it just gave me a sore arm for a day like I had pulled a muscle. Made up for having no chocolate today with Nairn's choc biscuits.
4 x 4 packs in a box and I ate 2 packs so 8 biscuits.:(

where I work we've all had the Pfizer one and a good proportion of us all felt ill for a day or so, sore arm longer - I still have pain if touched and 2nd dose was 5 days ago lol. Only felt ill for a day though still well worth having it I think.

Sorry to hear that Chilli - I had the Pfizer one too and was fine, no pain, a tiny headache but that could have been caused by anything.

The CleverChef is going fab - just sauteed onions and chicken pieces and threw in some frozen veg, coconut milk and a sate sachet I found and that's all simmering away in the slow cooker. Love the convenience of it! I love stews and casseroles, and this is really perfect for that. Next will try yogurt, once I get some UHT milk - tried coconut milk using their simple method and it didn't work. Want lots of yogurt so I can throw some in the blender with frozen fruit and hey presto, frozen yogurt! :)

Food has been up and down lately, but am hoping with today's meal - the first time I've actually cooked anything in ages - that this is the turning point!

Great to hear that Susie, once you get in the swing of cooking again there will be no stopping you. Once you get a gadget there is no stopping you.

the vaccine side effects were a small price to pay I thought. Short lived.

Hope you come up with lots of yummy food options with your new gadgets!

Hello team - it has been an interesting couple of days, but the upshot is that I've decided to go back to SW.

I keep saying this every time I change plan, but I really need the control element of a group (even if it's by Zoom at the moment), and I just can't stay on track at home on my own. Will sign up next week I think. Also doing some CBT to help me understand my food addiction. All very exciting actually, and I'm looking forward to making more positive health changes.

Hey ladyfelsham, whatever support helps you stay on course is great, cant have too much IMHO, my daughter has also decided to go back to SW its where shes had the most success and is waiting for the lock down to be lifted but as it seems you can get zoom access, i'll tell her there's no need to keep putting it off. Will continue to follow your progress, let us know how the CBT works out for you, i have found it very helpful at different times.
good luck! :)

Thanks Dee - my GP is just full of stern and unhelpful comments about "must lose weight", without any kind of thoughts on how to get there - luckily a friend told me you can self refer yourself for CBT. It was really quick, only filled in the form last night and I've already got an appointment for 9 March - and let's face it, where else can you be encouraged to talk about yourself for an hour nonstop? LOL.

Just had more of the chicken satay with cauli rice and it was delish! Will do that one again, as the only SW tweak is to use reduced fat coconut milk and syn it.

And had a lovely surprise today, work has told me I am eligible for holiday entitlement (when they had previously said i wasn't) and they owe me 10 day's leave which they are going to pay out woohoo - @tipperary just think of all the gadgets I can buy with that! 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
great boost, 10 days pay woohoo!

CBT I think is the most useful type of counselling I've come across, hope you get lots of insight there as well as support from your new group.

Yep, let me know how the CBT goes too.

Has anyone tried any of Paul McKennas hypnosis apps?

Back