Susie's 2022 campaign

Quark with options does sound good, I've also got the choc shots in different flavours too.

No beach for me today, did a case study interview and arranged three others - but just had my SW Zoom group and I got Slimmer of the Week :D.

Sad about Les McKeown, I adored the Bay City Rollers - and him 😢. Did not know he'd had gay affairs.

Tea is the SW Chinese banquet style meal, smells delish!

Oh well done I am really pleased you got slimmer of the week what an achievement. I had been doing slimming world on my own but last week I joined SW online.

I didn't realise Les MckKeown had passed away. I loved Bay City Roller as a young girl as did most of the girls at my school

I coming round yours for tea lol trumps a corned beef salad sandwich any day 🤣

Morning all

Busy morning interviewing businesspeople for case studies - and will write up in the wee hours when I can't sleep :).

Gorgeous day, hoping to get out this afternoon.

B - coffee
L - Aldi chicken saag meal (1) with green veg
D - Spicy sausage meal (1) and spinach
S - fruit, choc shot and Quark

Trying to keep syns low today!

I have joined you in having a busy morning, striped our bed and mums. Made both up. Washed bed linen. Cooked a lamb dinner prepared salad for tea and now I am shattered. I sure there is more housework to do but I am not looking for any more to do lol relaxing afternoon if i get a second wind I will have 10 minute of the vibration plate.

Glorious day out just been in garden

Wow you were busy @purpleorc but i bet that lamb was lovely!

I ended up having an amazing - and huge - salad for tea - ham, mixed leaf, beetroot, roaster red pepper, toms, cucumber and feta. it was so lovely, I inhaled it! :D.

Really going to make every effort to have more salads, now the weather is better. Tomorrow will be chicken with lime, iceberg, cucumber, Clems, celery and yogurt dressing, following the Slimming Eats approach of protein, crunch, green stuff, fruit and dressing. She adds a lot of strawberries to her salads too - must give that a try.

Been eating too many Skinny bars...

well done for slimmer of the week LadyF

purpleorc that quark and options sounds lovely!

Wow you were busy @purpleorc but i bet that lamb was lovely!

I ended up having an amazing - and huge - salad for tea - ham, mixed leaf, beetroot, roaster red pepper, toms, cucumber and feta. it was so lovely, I inhaled it! :D.

Really going to make every effort to have more salads, now the weather is better. Tomorrow will be chicken with lime, iceberg, cucumber, Clems, celery and yogurt dressing, following the Slimming Eats approach of protein, crunch, green stuff, fruit and dressing. She adds a lot of strawberries to her salads too - must give that a try.

Been eating too many Skinny bars...
Lamb was delicious. I had slow cooked it. Let's put it this way 3 clean plates and no complaints lol

Your salad sounds lovely full of speed as well. I am having a ham salad sandwich with bread thins for tea. I have salad or salad sandwich about 5 times a week. But then break it up with a jacket potato or a pizza wrap.

I am making a recipe from slimmingeats tomorrow cheesy potato gratin to go with our chicken. She has some cracking recipes. Many good for the whole family. So no cooking umpteen meals for everyone.

I love skinny bars they are moreish and have to employ will power.

Last edited:
Mmmmmm cheesy potato gratin sounds LUSH!

Nice day again and hopefully the builder is coming by to assemble my garden seat - and then even more hopefully the rain that is forecast will go away and it'll be more sunshine :D.

Had a bad on/off sleep, which isn't unusual, but woke up about 7am starving - which IS unusual - so I made myself builder's tea and a completely yummy and on plan bacon, cheese and lettuce toasted sandwich, boy did it hit the spot.

B - HEB toast, bacon, 2 HEA cheese, lettuce, 2 syns low mayo
L - chicken salad - iceberg, Clems, celery, feta (6), 2 syns low mayo
D - spicy meatball ready meal and spinach
S - carrot batons, apples, Clems - NO bars!

Have a lovely day, all, get some sun on your face xx

Afternoon all

A completely lazy Sunday for me, with two naps, a bit of playing EverMerge, and not much else, if I'm being honest lol. As @purpleorc said earlier, got to grab the sleep when you can, and there's nothing so lovely as waking up, feeling refreshed, with a soft purring cat breathing fishy fumes into your face :D:D:D.

Had a SW rookie error at lunch, decided on an Aldi meal. I was sure I'd googled the syns and nothing was over 2 - so tucked into a sausage and spicy bean meal and then checked, to discover it was 6.5 syns!!! It was nice, but not 6.5 syns worth of nice.

B - HEB toast, Marmite, HEA cheese, tea
L - the Aldi meal (6.5)
D - roasted Med veg with quinoa and a squirt of mayo (1)
S - apple, Clem, last of the Skyr (1) with mint Sweet Freedom choc shot (1)

The toffees and bars are nearly all gone...

The garden seat looks nice. Cat's soft fishy breath not so nice!
It was nice, but not 6.5 syns worth of nice.
It's funny how we evaluate things differently when counting syns, carbs or whatever. I know exactly what you mean!

I did it again, another rookie mistake! Zapped two bags of Iceland zesty quinoa, scoffed it down with the roasted veg and 1 tablespoon red pesto and oh my it was lush - but it was only then that I checked the bag and it has oil in it - 3 syns a bag! So we've ended up on 15.5 syns - under my 20, just!

The quinoa was lovely though, especially with the veg and pesto, and I can recreate that myself for 1 syn for the pesto :).

I did it again, another rookie mistake! Zapped two bags of Iceland zesty quinoa, scoffed it down with the roasted veg and 1 tablespoon red pesto and oh my it was lush - but it was only then that I checked the bag and it has oil in it - 3 syns a bag! So we've ended up on 15.5 syns - under my 20, just!

The quinoa was lovely though, especially with the veg and pesto, and I can recreate that myself for 1 syn for the pesto :).
I have made the same mistakes in the begining of my journey. Looking at syns after I had eaten it. Then going how many syns lol.

Today I made a new recipe from a ladies website called slimmingeats called cheesy gratin. The recipe was for 3 people but I found it way to much so halved the recipe still had plenty. It was a lovely accompaniment to Sunday lunch of roast chicken and steamed veg. It felt so off plan yet it was on plan just cheese was part of Hex A. Will make it again.

I love the Slimming Eats site, she has so many recipes I get a bit overwhelmed - I guess the key is to pick one and just make that, rather than going down the rabbit holes of other links LOL.

Also love Two Chubby Cubs, even though they are focusing on calories now and not SW. They just posted this which sounds lovely - https://twochubbycubs.com/2021/04/25/roasted-vegetable-and-lentil-jumble/

Can't wait until the kitchen is done (only a few weeks to go now) and then I'll be able to sit at the table and plan out my meals properly! At the moment it's covered with the microwave and mini oven, cat food, the toaster and dishes :D.

not sure if it's the same site but I used to make a SW hunters chicken recipe it was lush, might have to look that up again actually. Sure I saved my own slightly adapted version somewhere else.

Hopefully the new kitchen will all be done soon!

I’m certainly not short of recipes to inspire me - there’s so much online and lots of blogs, and I’ve got quite a few SW books and the Nom and Chubby Cubs books too - spend many a happy hour putting menus and shopping lists together and then....

...and then make cheese on toast 🤣🤣🤣.

I love the Copy Me That chrome extension - it takes copes of recipes on the web, even from a youtube notes below a video into my own recipe book. So useful.

Back