Susie's 2022 campaign

ooh I have some frozen cauli rice, and honestly I'm not fond of it as 'rice' so I may well give that a stab! Sure I can make a 200 calorie meal fairly decent sized with those ingredients.

I love the idea of hiring a place for a month or two regularly, I definitely plan to travel in my future, when I can.

i learned a lot about buying and living in a home abroad, and leaving it empty for a while - and TBH it's just not worth it, the utlities etc still need to stay connected and can be costly - so am looking forward to enjoying a longer than normal holiday experience in my favourite places.

And in the meantime there's always Heygo tours!

I love the idea of taking off like Elizabeth Gilbert did and spend 4 months each in 3 places! I'd not likely enjoy an Indian Ashram though lol

No thanks to the ashram for me either lol - although I'd really like to go to other parts of India - Kerala, and the mountains. I really loved a lot about living in Italy but as a permanent thing it loses all the fun holiday aspects and becomes a day to day thing with its own dramas and frustrations - so I am wildly excited about the places my list is going to have on it :). I've decided not to completely retire for a while yet but keep doing case studies etc, so the proceeds will make up my holiday fund :).

Christmas has arrived early! Some sugar free chocolate bar called Lite chocolate arrived, it uses Stevia so is ok on the LC lifestyle (not clean keto though) and each 85g bar is less than 20g carbs, much less with a couple of the flavours - and it is lovely! I don't get 'tummy' issues with stevia but obviously this is for a treat and not to be inhaled whole without even taking the wrapper off LOL - and the best bit is, they are only £1.75 per bar - these sugar free/LC things can get expensive, but these ones were from the One Pound Sweet shop. Very happy!

1634146596769.png

wow that seems like an amazing deal! I'll have to look them up but not for the next few months!

enjoy!

I'm sorry to rub it in @ChilliQueen but they are very, very nice - the dark mint is 1.5g carbs per large square, and is a fab sweet treat!

Well ladies today has been fabulous, one of those days where everything panned out better than it should. Last night my microwave went Pftttft and stoppped working, so I got on the phone to the Sharp and Argos customer service teams this morning. I expected to have a major battle but it was the opposite, they were amazing and in just a few hours my old kaput microwave was picked up and taken off, with a full refund due in 5 days! I then jumped online and got a Hotpoint Curve microwave, which will fit in the corner nicely and is just a simple heat up variety, and that comes tomorrow. And it's £50 less, yaye.

I got a really good few hours' sleep last night and more today, and haven;t been bothered with RLS much, which is also amazoing.

And my neighbour just came to my rescue after the young guy I asked to move the microwave out pulled out the freezer plug and didn't put it back in. I couldn't get down on my knees and into the cupboard to plug it back in so my neighbour zoomed over, in her PJs bless her, and sorted it - so I paid her in carby frozen veg and baked beans LOL. We were talking about the great result with my cardio guy, who had told me I'd have had a stroke if it hadn't been diagnosed and I said how that terrified me, being on my own - and she said "You're not on your own, we're here" - which made me feel so fabulous - I'm finally starting to belong to the commununity 💓 .

Food has been good too, despite no microwave (made me realise how much I use it!) -
B - 3 egg omelette with chese and herbs, and coffee
L - LC toast with half an avocado
T - LC pizza base with pepperoni - delicious! - Just realised, a bit too much bread today - ah well...but it was lovely and a really good alternative for me, the pizza lover!
S - Lite chocolate (also delicious)

Totalling about 34 carbs so far. I just need to find LC icecream, and life will be complete lol.

Afternoon all

From the sublime to the ridiculous, with 3 hours sleep in the last 23 hours. RLS is evil. But my microwave arrived and is very cute, and the word on the street is that we might exchange on the flat in two weeks, so think I'm going to get a new 2nd hand Suzuki Ignis or similar SUV. I dearly love my Beetle but it's pretty much falling to bits and so it's time for something more sensible (I hate that word)!

Food - 50% carnivore
B - Megga roll with cheese, coffee (that was about 6am)
B2 - two pieces of pork belly with 1 tblsp mayo
L - l/o chicken curry, only a small portion, nice though
T - 2 pieces Megga bread, 2 cheese, 4 slices pepperoni - a mini pizza lol

The Megga bread is wonderful - it's so filling. I normally don't have it every day, but was just in the mood for something quick tonight.

Chilly out there, keep warm! xx

Afternoon all - a much better night thank heavens, and when i was awake I did lots of research on the best magnesium - think the ones I've been taking are full of rubbish fillers and you need to take loads for them to have any impact, so I got two different brands on order - both receiving some very positive reviews from RLS sufferers - so it's worth a shot. And if they do work well, then I would like to start to wean myself off Tramadol slowly, Also ordered some Twinings sleep tea which sounds lovely, with spiced apple etc. Always nice to have a warm drink before bed apart from tea.

Did my 16 hour IF, then had the breakfast of champions - 3 eggs with cheese, dried basil and bacon zapped in my new cutie pie microwave, with coffee. I was going to have toast, but am very glad I didn't because I was stuffed after the eggs.

Tea is lamb sharwarma, and the meat is marinating as we speak in cardamon, cumin, paprika and other lovely things - will fry it quickly in coconut oil and then wrap in lettuce leaves. My first ever marinade, so hope it works ok!

Coming in at a very low carb count so might make up some fat bombs - happy days! x

sounds lovely LadyF, my mother in law said something similar about magnesium, that some types are just rubbish. I'm not sure if she has RLS, but she has Fibro and lots of random symptoms

@ChilliQueen I'd been taking the Lindens one for years, but reviewers are saying they've changed the formula and everyone is having to take loads for it to have an effect.

On top of that I am absolutely convinced that menopause sucks magnesium out of me quickly - I'm not a scientist obv, but my conclusion is from close up observation over the 6-7 years I've had RLS - which really came on with, wait for it, the start of menopause! Coincidence? I don't think so - but when I mentioned it to the GP he just looked at me blankly. Prat. They really have no idea about women's health, do they?

Oh and I have to tell you guys - I had the most wonderful thing happen this morning. Got up to go to la toilette and - NO PAIN! No, the 10 steps to the loo and 10 steps back and my knees didn't hurt! i almost couldn't believe it. No idea why - keto eating is supposed to help with joint pain, but I'm only in week 4. I haven't been wearing the magnetic copper bracelet so it wasn't linked to that. I really thought I'd have to lose loads more weight before I noticed any impact on my knees - and I'm so happy about this morning because it means (hopefully) that the arthritis is not as advanced as I'd thought and that losing weight WILL improve my mobility! Woohoo!!!

The lamb shawarma was lovely. A friend has given me loads of herb/spice mix recipes to try out, so I certainly won't get bored with all the flavours. Going to try chicken in Ras el Hanout on a baked goat's cheese and spinach next week, but tomorrow will be left over day, plus I'll make up the loaded cauli casserole and beef stroganoff (mmm) for the next couple of days.

Food sounds amazing.

Yes I think its slowly changing but some doctors are still quite dismissive of anything menopausal :(

Walking without pain sounds wonderful! Completely appreciate how debilitating it can be with kiddos situation :)

Her current doctor explained about weight and joint pain and put it to us like this:
For every lb of weight you are carrying, the force on your knee joins is x7 of that. So even loosing a wee bit can make a huge difference on your joints.

hope you get a restful night tonight. I crashed super early and thats me wide awake now (wups) >.<
have got some chicken to go make a weeks worth of meals with so may as well get on with that and be productive.

Sadly the knee pain came back soon after, but it was a wonderful glimmer of hope for what the future might hold!

Sorry you were up early @GLL - it was another night shift night for me too, awake with RLS from 2-8.30am, bleurgh! I'm just trying to not get too hung up on it or upset about it, there's no point, but just be prepared for the fact that RLS brings its own type of depression in the wee hours when you think the jerking will never stop. So - on a positive note, I -

- wrote a case study up from my interview notes
- did the laundry
- sorted the contents of the pantry base out
- grated all five bars of Montezuma chocolate - have to admit defeat, 100% is not for me, so can use it up now it's grated, sprinkled in yogurt with sweetener, etc - luckily the neighbour on the kitchen side is a) hard of hearing and b) a good sleeper LOLOL
- put cooking ingredients like linseed into jars
- filed paperwork
- cooked burgers and had them on Megga toast and cheese for breakfast at 7am
- and a load of other wee jobs

Also ordered an A4 ringbinder and plastic sleeves for recipes.

Food today
B - the burgers
L - l/o Bolognese - very yummy
T - beef stroganoff, once I make it lol
S - pork scratchings, LC choc (despite the almost immediate 'effects' haha)

Enjoy your day, my lovelies - it's so nice here but I can't summon the energy to get dressed and go out x

Had an hour and felt better, and now the uber magnesium tablets have arrived so will see how we get on with these.

But even more exciting is that a) the beef stroganoff was lovely, with some garlic cauli mash (and the meat was good quality and very tender) and b) I modified the fat bomb recipe and it's like a thick and creamy ice cream! Half a tub of cream cheese, 15g Montezuma 100% chocolate, grated, and some sweetener and vanilla essence and chucked in the freeezer for a bit. Of course it's not really ice cream, but I can pretend, and only 5g carbs the serve! :).

Now I'm sitting here with snoozing cats by each side, and I'm sipping a coffee and feeling nicely full and very content with my lot. Got my Twinings sleepytime tea to try in a bit, a big hit of magnesium and hopfully more than 2 hours' sleep at a time. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but impossible not to, really :).

Food sounds awesome as always! Hope the magnesium and sleepy tea helps

I've been offered an ice cream maker by a friend, which was on my 'buy eventually' list, I'm hoping in a few months to experiment and perhaps make a sugar free ice cream, obviously it would have sweetner so not for demolishing in large amounts but still. A nice thing to have if I can make it happen.

Oh fab news on the ice cream machine, they are great for frozen yogurt mmm.

Half 3 at downtown Felshamville here - sadly the sleep tea didn't send me off to the Land of Nod for hours, I've had my usual two, but the RLS is holding off quite a lot, which is great. It's so unpredictable though, could be back with a vengeance tomorrow night...

I pootled about for a bit, swept the floor, etc, and now am nearly finished making loaded cheesy caulorower casserole - https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/easy-cheesy-loaded-cauliflower-casserole-recipe/ - I had to swap out a few things, eg Alpro soya yogurt for sour cream (i hope it doesn't curdle in the oven!), and left out the spring onion - so the lot comes in at 20g carbs and should yield at least four servings.

1634526621121.png

Had about another three hours in two lots since the above, and might see if i can sneak another one in before my flu shot at 1.30pm.

I did try the cauli cheese and it's nice, a good way to use a cauli up if you have one lurking in the fridge :).

glad you got a bit more sleep :)

your dish does look nice but I'm not fond of creamy type sauces

Back