Susie's 2022 campaign

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hello all

I'm Susie and would love to join you here for what I hope is my successful "once and for all weight loss to goal" plan!

A bit about me - I used to be active when I was a kid, but oceans of wine at University and desk jobs and no exercise for the 20 odd years since then have seen the weight creep up - and up - and UP! I finally said enough a couple of years ago and tried SW, WW, Slim and Save and Atkins - the latter being most successful, especially with the support of some great people on that section of Minis.

But low carb is hard to do if you're not 100% committed. I work long hours and just kept failing to consistently prepare low carb food for breakfasts and lunches. The saying "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" was completely made for me, because I'd fall off the wagon and head straight for a sausage roll or four - and, I have to admit, regular binge drinking. I really hope no one minds me putting this brutal truth here, but I've really been using it as a crutch for work and personal stress. Bad day at work? Have a bottle (or two, sometimes three) of wine... and as I work in a stressful job, that can happen all too often. Unhappiness at home? Have a drink or 10. I have known for a long time that it's something I need to knock on the head, so here's hoping that this will really help me focus on the long term plan! :D

So there's a few reasons why I have lost and then gained the same two stone over and over during the last two years, sabotaged myself a gazillion times and suffered all the guilt of failure every time. Now I am the heaviest I've ever been at 327lbs (that's before I ate a pizza on the weekend - see what I mean, Sabotage Central!), and I really have had enough.

Like everyone I'd love quick results, but I just can't face VLCDs - I really take my hat off to people who succeed on those, I've tried a couple and couldn't stand the taste of the food!

I love to cook and I love using fresh ingredients - so, after much Googling, I think that calorie counting (and introducing exercise gradually) and using MFP is going to work the best for me - much more flexible for work.

Sorry for the essay, folks! I'll catch up on your diaries over the next couple of days, and hope you get the chance to drop by here as often as you feel like it. Good luck all! :)

Oops, sent too soon, lol. As I started to say, I'm a calorie counter too and find it great - very flexible and easy to keep up. I've been at it for 18 months now, as well as taking Orlistat on prescription, and have lost 8 stone so far. How much would you like to lose? I originally thought a 10 stone loss, but think I'll be happy with a bit less now. The support on here is great, so keep on posting and people will cheer you on your way! :) xx

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

I've been at it for 18 months now, as well as taking Orlistat on prescription, and have lost 8 stone so far. How much would you like to lose?

Hi Tracy - your loss is awesome, really fabulous! Do you think taking Orlistat has helped you a lot? I don't really know anything about it, TBH, but after trying every mad fad diet pill out there (Hoodia anyone? :D), am willing to give it a go :)

Re my end target, I'd really like to lose 13 stone, to get me down to 10 stone - but I think for now, it's one step at a time - and every stone will be an accomplishment :) As I mentioned in my dribbly intro, I'm good at losing the first two stone, then I get bored, or lose the impetus, or find something new to follow that I think will be the magic answer (or all of the above) - so that's when you are all free to give me a friendly kick up the behind and help me stay focused! :D

Am aiming for around 1500 cals a day, although I don't mind doing a couple of 500 cal days, tried 5:2 before and I enjoyed them (just went too crazy on the up days!)

So, today's menu -

B - three Joe's sausages (oven cooked, no oil) and two dry fried eggs, 1 soya latte (200g unsweetened soya milk)
L - homemade courgette soup - three courgettes, one veg stock pot
D - something clever with mince, plus cauli mash
S - apple and Muller Light yoghurt

Not sure about dinner yet, but B&L come to 410 cals, so plenty of room - and the evenings are my danger point :) Mr Tesco comes tonight, so might make up a Shepherd's pie with cauli or celeriac mash on top.

Going forward -

B's - likely to be oats/bran flakes with yoghurt and fruit
L's - protein and salad; or homemade soup and a wholemeal roll
D's - a mainly veg/pulses meal

Have a good day, all, despite the weather!

your like me susie i plan my meals in advance well a week in advance not so much at the weekend if i dont i notice i seemed to go the other way lololol

ladyfelsham said:
Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

Hi Tracy - your loss is awesome, really fabulous! Do you think taking Orlistat has helped you a lot? I don't really know anything about it, TBH, but after trying every mad fad diet pill out there (Hoodia anyone? :D), am willing to give it a go :)

Re my end target, I'd really like to lose 13 stone, to get me down to 10 stone - but I think for now, it's one step at a time - and every stone will be an accomplishment :) As I mentioned in my dribbly intro, I'm good at losing the first two stone, then I get bored, or lose the impetus, or find something new to follow that I think will be the magic answer (or all of the above) - so that's when you are all free to give me a friendly kick up the behind and help me stay focused! :D

Am aiming for around 1500 cals a day, although I don't mind doing a couple of 500 cal days, tried 5:2 before and I enjoyed them (just went too crazy on the up days!)

So, today's menu -

B - three Joe's sausages (oven cooked, no oil) and two dry fried eggs, 1 soya latte (200g unsweetened soya milk)
L - homemade courgette soup - three courgettes, one veg stock pot
D - something clever with mince, plus cauli mash
S - apple and Muller Light yoghurt

Not sure about dinner yet, but B&L come to 410 cals, so plenty of room - and the evenings are my danger point :) Mr Tesco comes tonight, so might make up a Shepherd's pie with cauli or celeriac mash on top.

Going forward -

B's - likely to be oats/bran flakes with yoghurt and fruit
L's - protein and salad; or homemade soup and a wholemeal roll
D's - a mainly veg/pulses meal

Have a good day, all, despite the weather!

Hi Susie. Thank you! I've found Orlistat to be pretty good - a lot of people use it as a form of will-power, as you keep on the straight and narrow to avoid getting any side-effects, lol. Hard to say how much extra weight you lose on it, but it certainly doesn't hurt and is the only weightloss drug available on the NHS. :) xx

Thanks Tracy, will give CC a few weeks and see how I get on :)

And yes I agree Chezz, it's much easier to plan shopping if I do a meal plan - but half the time i change my mind by the time I get home LOL.

Well Mr Tescos is sacked - half the delivery was missing! How can they be completely out of kidney beans?

But at least the cat food came, so the ruler of the house doesn't have to chow down on my toes during the night! :D

aww bless yes i use have the same problem i use to think its some person going round looking for it and just cannot be bothered to find it ohhh it does get me mad but i hate food shopping or any shopping lolol but he makes me walk there now for the exercise

Afternoon all

Another good day, foodwise

B - instant oats, banana, soya latte
L - tuna, cottage cheese, salad
D - didn't make the shepherd's pie after all so might do it tonight - or baked bean lasagne with spinach
Snacks - apple, f/f greek yoghurt, blackberries
2 litres of water down so far too.

Feeling good although a bit peckish - but have decided it's my brain playing tricks with me! :)

Have a nice day. everyone.

Welcome and good luck! Not a CC as such but always keep an eye on them. :) x

Hi Susie,
Welcome I am also a calorie counter. Something that helps me when I am feeling a bit hungry is having a sugar free mint. I suck on that so my mouth is actually doing something. I think what your doing is a good way to lose weight as you need to keep it off, once you get there so to me its all about lifestyle change. I know that once I go back to my old habits the weight will simply go back on, as this is my 2nd round at weight loss. I last time I lost 5 stone on a fad diet only to put it back on and more. CC is something you can do most of your life and gives you freedom something I really like. So good luck on your weight loss, sounds like you got a good plan in action.

Hi Susie, hope you don't mind me stalking you over here!

I must say I had a nightmare with orlistat - it's a pill that reduces how much fat you absorb, but the part you don't absorb comes out in the loo as bright red/orange oil and if you slip up and eat something fatty you can really have toilet trouble the next day. I can definitely see how that motivates willpower! Wasn't for me but then high fat works better than low fat in my personal case.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a one-diet-fits-all out there!

Good luck with your cal counting, I think it's a smart plan. I gained with 'free foods' on SW and WW but lost when I was strict on calories - my problem was hunger meant I was never strict for long enough! But with creative shopping you can find some yummy low cal treats and I know you're fab with vegetables - best fillers ever. If I'd been more of a cook when I'd calorie counted I might have had more luck.

Xxxx will be following your journey hon

Something that helps me when I am feeling a bit hungry is having a sugar free mint.

Hi Marie, lovely to hear from you and WOW on your loss, that is so brilliant - you guys are like gurus to me :) Thanks for the tip on the mint, will remember that for work - I ended up plumping for an Options caramel drink and added some Da Vinci s/f caramel syrup so it tasted really rich, even though it was made with water. Evenings are my Achilles heel, but I've got cals left so might have some crispbread with Philly. Or water. Or both :D

I must say I had a nightmare with orlistat - it's a pill that reduces how much fat you absorb, but the part you don't absorb comes out in the loo as bright red/orange oil and if you slip up and eat something fatty you can really have toilet trouble the next day. I can definitely see how that motivates willpower! Wasn't for me but then high fat works better than low fat in my personal case.

Good luck with your cal counting, I think it's a smart plan. I gained with 'free foods' on SW and WW but lost when I was strict on calories - my problem was hunger meant I was never strict for long enough! But with creative shopping you can find some yummy low cal treats and I know you're fab with vegetables - best fillers ever. If I'd been more of a cook when I'd calorie counted I might have had more luck.

Moonlights how fab to see you, hun - stalk away! :D And your comments about Orlistat remind me I had the same thing happen with another fat binder - so will stick to cal counting for now and see how I get on.

What's been a real eye opener for me is the cals in things like pasta and rice! :eek: I honestly had no idea, no wonder I didn't lose on SW, the amount I ate, silly moo that I am :eek:.

I'm definitely enjoying the freedom to eat more widely than before - but I also definitely need a bigger fridge!

Morning all

The weather might be pants but am feeling very upbeat today :) And I know I'm losing weight, the boobs are deflating slightly :)

B - oats, banana, soya latte
L - baked potato, cottage cheese, salad
D - miracle noodles with a tomato and veg (carrots, cabbage, cauli, peas) combo
S - s/f jelly, Muller Light yoghurt

Have a good day, everyone :)

morning nice meal planner there its sunny here in south yorkshire today casnnot wait for my three days off after today lolol knowing my look will rain lololol

moonlights said:

His Susie, re the post here, you only get those problems on Orlistat if you don't follow the advice on how much fat to eat, I'm glad to say. If you do follow it you can't even tell you're taking them, apart from the weight loss, of course. :) xx

Hi Tracy and thanks for your post - I did mean to post back and say it does work for people (like yourself) if you follow it properly - but I forgot, sorry! :eek:

Been a good day here, and am about to dig into dinner - really feel like I'm getting a spring in my step :)

ladyfelsham said:
Hi Tracy and thanks for your post - I did mean to post back and say it does work for people (like yourself) if you follow it properly - but I forgot, sorry! :eek:

Been a good day here, and am about to dig into dinner - really feel like I'm getting a spring in my step :)

Thanks, lol. It's just that I know this is a common misconception about Orlistat, but there actually are no ill-effects if you eat less than 5% fat.

Glad you're having a good day, I am too, having been very naughty with sweet stuff on a training course yesterday, lol. Really felt like I'd been poisoned! :) xx

Back