Susie's 2022 campaign

I did, a few years ago, didn't find it of benefit - found my mind drifting away from it, and I kept forgetting to do the affirmations anyway, and saying them made me feel a bit silly TBH.
Ok, that's good to know, thanks.

Sorry lovelies not been very good at posting but typing has been impeded by some painful RSI in my thumb. Got a fab thumb and wrist support on now though so we're back in the saddle LOL.

So, the news - decided to finish my work contract early so last day is Friday, and got a week off then back into it - plus an unexpected bonus of £1K holiday pay! Which will go towards the new kitchen, because at last I think I've found a relaible handyman to do the work.

The London flat has got lots of viewings booked in, so it should rent fairly quickly. Two of the people viewing want to buy somewhere at the end of the year - wouldn't that be excellent if they bought mine! :D.

Started SW today - still going to try and do IF with it, and will be using the CleverChef for lots of stews, soups and casseroles - one gaDGET I am really pleased with. I remember being quite scared on the Instant Pot and only used it a couple of times then sold it

Also going to do Body Magic properly and get the circulation in my legs working properly again. I've been tottering up the path at the back of the house and back at night - only 350 steps (10 mins each) but it's something - and last night did a YT walking vid (20 mins), 850 steps. My knee is hurting a fair bit today so will rest it this evening, but Body Magic says 45 mins a week, over at least 3 sessions, maintained for 4 weeks - so that's my first goal. It's obvious that I need to make exercise part of my natural lifestyle!

So, all in all, a very good week so far! Hope all is well with you and you're keeping warm and safe! xx

House wise have you now decided to stay put or is it still just marking time to retirement and moving south (I think that was one of the plans). What is the Body Magic, is it a walking plan?

Body Magic is SW's name for incorporating exercise into your new lifestyle.

Housewise, the plan is to tidy up the cottage over the next year or so, and if I've sold London by then, make a decision about moving. But it's always a case of "watch this space" lol.

Food today -
B - coffee
L - turkey meatballs and root veg casserole
D - chilli and cauli rice
S - fruit, yogurt

Going to try to do a mostly low carb approach, and really reduce the pastas/rice/bread intake.

Do you buy cauli rice or make it? I found it a faff making it in the past but I see they have it pre-grated now in tesco which appeals to my lazy-itis.

Susie, are all your close ones safe in NZ. Been thinking of you today.

Do you buy cauli rice or make it? I found it a faff making it in the past but I see they have it pre-grated now in tesco which appeals to my lazy-itis.

Oh crikey yes agree totally Chilli - what a faff! I buy mine frozen in bags of 4 from Iceland - so easy to just chuck in stews to bulk them out.

Susie, are all your close ones safe in NZ. Been thinking of you today.

Aww thanks sweetie - happy to report that everyone is safe, and no one had to evacuate in the end, although they are all on the east coast. Just heard they've stood down the tsunami warning but being told to avoid beaches.

All fabulous here today, I had a brilliant night's sleep and feel so full of energy and focus woohoo! Hac a great first SW Zoom group last night (nice group of mostly ladies) and then a 1-2-1 zoom with the consultant, which was really excellent - like her, she had some good insights. Am doing my walking - outside, not far, but it's a start, and inside - again, I have to sit some out but am trying my hardest - and it will get better over time. And a SWI shows 3lbs down overnight :).

Food today
B - coffee
L - leftover turkey meatball stew with added cabbage, maybe an HEA cheese on top
D - one of the calorie counted ready meals, not strictly SW but I'll check the syns - and they need using up - will add one of my favourite bags of frozen veg, Morrisons do one with beans, broccoli, sugar snap peas, etc - and itg is lovely - and such an easy way to get green veg in!
S - apples clems, yogurt with fruit and nuts for my HEB

Have a good one!

1614938716747.png

well done for 3lbs off! Glad you're enjoying sw. I do know several people who all lost loads.

Feeling really chuffed with myself tonight, I did 15 minutes of full on aerobic chair exercises, which I know doesn't sound much but really counts when your starting point is zero :). 1000 steps! Started exercising last Sunday and I've already exceeded my SW Body Magic bronze award - done 75 minutes so far (they ask for 45 mins a week, over three sessions, maintained for at least three weeks).

Food ended up being quite different but still high in speed food - used my As and Bs up, and all my syns, including a lovely Solero icecream treat yum! I'm just using the SW food diary online and not being too obsessive about it - but making sure I capture anything with a syn value!

sounds great, it's hard to increase physical activity when we are still heavier, I get a lot of pain in my feet which I'm hoping decreases as time goes on.

Now I want a Solero :eek:

I follow three people in particular on YT - Yes to Next (the 76 year old mum in it is hilarious); More Life Health; and chair exercises with a mad American trainer called Donovan.

The first two are reasonably gentle, but Donovan is a mad man and a torturer lol - www.chairworkouts.com

Great night's sleep, and food is good so far today -

B - HEB wholemeal roll toasted with mashed banana and coffee
L - egg fried rice, green veg, HEA cheese and 1 tblsp low mayo (1.5 syns)
D - not sure yet but will be no or low syn, I ended up going over last night so want to peg it back a bit
S - apple, pear. Clem. yogurt (1), maybe some gingernuts (4 = 8 syns) with tea later

Keep warm, it's brisk out there!

Great to hear how well your doing. I need to get moving again myself. Your an inspiration. I'm going to look into those workouts

Afternoon all - another mammoth sleep in for me, it was wonderful! Shifting things round in the cottage so they will work better for me, so that's exciting and requires a couple of purchases, which always makes me happy lol.

SWI showed a gain which is down to me overeasting last night - plus the rice, i really just need to avoid it or accept that it causes gains - and I went way over my syns by at least 15. So will buckle down this week untiul WI on Wed morning and hopefully show a better loss then.

B - none
L - B roll with olive spread (6) and 2 A cheese slices, coffee
D - Morrisons CC'ed tagliatelle (5.5 eeek?) with steamed cabbage
S - NO cookies - fruit
Total syns - 11.5 (i get 20)

I Love having a good old shift around, I'm always at it, the kids just think everything is in it's place then I start shifting stuff again 😁

@ChilliQueen a woman after my own heart lol. Got a few responses on the local FB group for some chaps to do the actual moving, so I'll get them to put together a wardrobe and take away the old single bed divan. the plan is to turn the 2nd bedroom into a living room, so the sofa and TV are going in there, and in what's currently the living room will become a sort of extension to the kitcvhen, with my two dressers brought out of the spare room and the table set up properly. It will be such an improvement, and I can finally get all my jars and crockery out and on the big dresser!

Also means I don't have a huge bill for an extension and/or a conservatory, so going to be full steam ahead on upgrading the kitchen as is - new cabinets, worktops, tiling and shelves - it's going to look lovely :).

Was up until very late/early so slept in until midday. Will try very hard not to nap today so I get back into a more normal cycle.

Not sure about food today, still using up some non-SW food and synning it.

B - none
L - coffee, then half a Morrisons frozen pepperoni pizza (9), apple
D - Morrisons counted chilli (5), pear, Clem
S - 3 rye cakes with banana and Sweet Freedom

My parents did something similar with their old home a number of years ago, the bedroom I had as a child became their living room and the old living room which was off the kitchen became a dining room. it worked really well.

Back