Susie's 2022 campaign

Yep well done, 2lb is great.

Thganks all - and morning - up early (for me) to wait for the builders who are, of course, late...more coffee needed here!

Food is going to be a bit nuts for the next couple of days as I won't have access to the fridge, unless they move it into the parlour.

B - l/o roasted smashed potato with spinach and cheese (HEA)
L - SW lunch pot of some description
D - SW meal - korma, probably
S - HiFis, apple, Clems

Keep warm all, it's chilly out there.

Hope all is going well with the builders x

Hope all is going well with the builders x

LOLOL not so good - they didn't turn up! Phone off, no response to FB messages, etc- so by the evening I had another guy (recommended by a neighbour) in to quote, and he's coming back today to go through it all thoroughly. The first one messaged this morning to say sorry, he had a serious family matter and forgot his phone but I call bulldust on that, he always has his phone with him. I checked his FB reviews page, hadn't thought to do that, and he has done this before - twice to one woman - so I think it might have been a lucky escape!

Food was on plan though thanks to SW meals - and should be the same today so far.

B - coffee
L - ham salad
D - SW kormal with peas and spinach

Have a good one!

sorry to hear the builder didn't show but yes it sounds like a lucky escape!

Builders can be so naughty. Back in the day they'd drop of two bags of gravel and clear off to Benidom for two weeks leaving ex ranting to an answer machine. Am not impressed with the 3rd joiner I had today either.

The saga continues - Builder 2 was a no show this afternoon and then messaged to say he was too busy. Builder 1 has done a bit of apologetic pleading so I've messaged him back to say ok, but a Monday start, no excuses and we itemise everythinng to be done. Still waiting to hear back. Think this is where my skeleton will be found, covered in cobwebs and surrounded by Ikea sinks and boxes of tiles LOLOL.

Zapped a SW korma for dinner and cooked up some SW chips, all with steamed spinach as a nod to the greens - just waiting for it to cool down from larva temperature to edible :).

And then bed I think, feel knackered today, even though I haven't done anything. Oh forgot the NSV - got a call earlier from the GP about my blood tests - happily, all is fine and my pre diabetes level has rediuced to 37 so is in the safe range yaye - and that's just in the last few weeks, so pretty much down to SW. My thyroid is a bit high but that's down to some meds I was on, which have stopped now but stay in the body for eight weeks (scary isn't it!), so that might be why I'm tired.

Anyway, have a lovely evening all and cross fingers on the workmen front for me!

Congrats on blood results of prediabetes such a great non scale victory.

Regarding your drugs you took for a thyroid issue can have a long life. Like you say a bit scary. But without drugs I couldn't live the life I do.

Your having a mare with builders I hope it is soon resolved.

Congrats on the blood sugar level results. I got bloods done in March too and the blood sugar was normal. Diabetes is something I’m really scared of developing and is probably my main motivation for trying to loose weight. As I get older I seem to get more frightened of the health implications of being so obese.

So sorry about the kitchen saga! I had to sort out a flat for someone n London - and found several trades and a pest control through checkatrade. They were all good.

Many congrats on the blood tests - and especially the progress reducing the prediabetes. Brilliant!

The older I got and with being morbidly obese I was more fearful I would get diabetes like my father did. I knew if I got diabetes I would struggle coming to terms with it. But I hope with the weight I have lost I am reducing my risk of developing this complication.

A lot of us worried about diabetes, it's a modern epidemic for sure. The blood sugar diet book is interesting. My Dad and sister both have type 2 and I had gestational diabetes so I'm high risk too. Lets hope we all get through either without it or at least low level and easy to control.

Well done on your results LadyF!

I'm not sure I'd have builder 1 in... but yes if you do, keep tight control of the situation. I'd be looking for builder 3, but I've become much less forgiving over the years.

My son, 9 stone wet through, has type 1 diabetes. However type 1 is not caused by weight issues. No justice tho. Noone else in our family, including me as had any type of diabetes so far. I remember once needing a roofer after our roof blew off and ringing everyone for miles around and leaving messages. Nothing happened then 3 days later, after I had to go up 3 stories to taup it over myself, ( there was already scaffold there for a different job) 10 of them arrived at once. Ridiculous.

My son, 9 stone wet through, has type 1 diabetes. However type 1 is not caused by weight issues. No justice tho. Noone else in our family, including me as had any type of diabetes so far. I remember once needing a roofer after our roof blew off and ringing everyone for miles around and leaving messages. Nothing happened then 3 days later, after I had to go up 3 stories to taup it over myself, ( there was already scaffold there for a different job) 10 of them arrived at once. Ridiculous.

Seems so unfair that children who have done nothing get type one diabetes I hope a cure can be found. I knew an old lady who got diabetes in her childhood so was on insulin for some 70 plus years. She had an interesting life, she married and had a family. So it was a life well lived.

A friend's lovely (now 16) son got T1 out of the blue, and they have had some very scary moments over the past few years, nearly lost him twice. Very frightening.

My family doesn't have any history of it, but as you say @ChilliQueen it's a constant worry when you're big, so I was very happy to hear the number had come down two points in 4 weeks. My lovely cardiologist (💘 the future Lord Felsham, he doesn't know this of course LOL) is going to be very happy with me when we meet up in a couple of months :). My family's thing is heart attacks, so my AFib/stroke scares last year really had me frightenened, but it's all pretty much caused by lifestyle, and I know what I need to do to extend my allotted time. It's now over 8 months since any ciggies or alcohol, which is pretty crazy for a binge drinker, and I don't really miss either at all. Whenever I get a craving I think about being back in hospital and that's enough to send the craving flying out of my mind! :)

But enough of that and back to the kitchen saga hahahaha. We are - hopefully - back on track, with a Monday start agreed to and a very apologetic builder who knows I could make his life misery all over social media if he lets me down again (unlikely to do that but still...). Should take about a week, and then it can be unveiled. Can't wait.

Still no new contracts, so will have to tighten the belt for a while and stop buying bed throws. Drove 40 mins to Middlesborough today to pick up a gorgeous blue/green king sized one (plus pillow covers) from a lovely lady for a tenner - couldn't resist and it will look so lovely with the chinoiserie/French shabby chic look I've got going, and some crisp white bedding. After the year I had, my bedroom is my sanctuary and I love making it look nice - so at the moment the French bed (it's an old carved, off white one with a high headboard) has a charcoal grey duvet cover with small pom poms on it. dark grey bedding, and the light pink fluffy weighted blanket on top. I never believed the guff about weighted blankets helping depression, but it's true, you wake up feeling much happier :). It was absolutely lovely to snuggle under it with one of the cats for a snooze after my drive today, so warm and comforting.

Foodwise, been all about potatoes for some reason - a small bowl of l/o SW chips for B, then nothing until about 4pm when I had l/o baked potato with HEA cheese, 1 syn mayo and 2 syn bacon crumble. Had a few HiFis, to use up my HEB and the rest of my syns for the day, plus an apple and Clems. Will be healthier tomorrow, got some salad stuff to use up, and am going to risk eggs again and see if they have the same effect on me as last week!

Have a lovely evening all x

I that bed sounds lovely. I love an inviting bed and throws and cushions

Morning all - lovely sunny here and the builder just messaged to say he's on his way, so it's shaping up to be a good one :).

Yesterday was good foodwise, came in just under my syn allowance, and had lots of veg - but I did overeat, ignored that poor voice that said "You're full" and kept going - as a result, I still feel full so it will be coffee for now, and water.

Last edited:
No water or heating now for the rest of the day! Old kitchen is gone, worktops, tiles and lino have all arrived safely, and once the lads come back from lunch I'm off for a zzz. Only got about three hours last night - I never sleep well before things like this, and also had the added 'excitement' of not knowing whether they would turn up at all - but they have, so all is good.

Been 16 hours since food, and felt ready for lunch -

L - SW chicken carbonara with green veg (I made up 6 packs last night from frozen veg - spinach, edamame beans and green beans) - lovely! Also had an apple and 2 Clems
D- another SW meal, maybe Korean noodles with more green veg thrown in

Keep warm, all xx

Back