Susie's 2022 campaign

Sleep well 😴

Sadly no walk so far this week, just been so busy in the new job.

In an odd twist, I'm back to posted weight after a) not watching what i ate at all - apart from less bread - over the last few days and b) losing 4 lbs as a result. Bonkers. A friend is a huge advocate of not following any plan, just watching portion size, and she also cuts carbs a bit but not fanatically, so might follow this idea for a bit, try and avoid processed foods and see how i get on.

But the weird thing is, I've been having porridge for B, and rice cakes later, so it's not really low carbs - just no pasta/rice or wholemeal bread.

B - instant oats, berries, nuts, almond milk, coffee
L - roast beef, green leafy salad, 1/2 pack Asda instant mash, a squirt yog/mint salad dressing
D - SW chicken korma with extra zesty quinoa
S - orange, SF on rye cakes

Have a good one!
I have found that i have kind of fallen into having little to no processed foods and my portion sizes have reduced. Even now my eyes can be bigger than my belly. I did have on my plate for dinner two small chicken thighs. I had that with a leafy green salad for extra speed i added some grated carrot and diced peppers. My carbohydrate was a jacket potato with cheese. I couldn't manage the second piece of chicken so our furry baby aka our staffie thought her birthdays had all come at once getting some extra chicken :rotflmao: .

Afternoon ladies - work has been manic but I've now sent three big emails gone to 12,000 people using systems I'd never used before, and they have all gone ok and worked phew! :). Talk about getting out of my comfort zone!

Just having lunch - but interestingly I've dropped another 2lbs, and I'm not following any plan, just watching portion size - so will keep going with this for now.

B - 2 small slices gluten free bread with reduced fat cheese, coffee
L - SW beef burrito pot
D - not sure, another one of the SW meals

The sun has disappeared wahhhh!

Last edited:
Well done LadyFelsham on stepping out of your comfort zone. Congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the good work. Being mindful of portion sizes is obviously paying dividends on the scales.

Evening all

Had a lovely day with my new contract job on Friday, really nice people, so it's going to be fun devising a comms strategy for them (much more my field of expertise than huge mailouts lol).

Lots going on with the cottage - my London handyman is coming up in 2 weeks to sort out the kitchen, saving me thousands, and then he'll come back later in the year and do the bathroom. I am so relieved, after 10 weeks or more of being mucked around by cowboys, I've got someone I know I can trust! So hopefully I'll have my kitchen, complete with gorgeous new baby blue tiles, by July, in time for friends who are coming up for my birthday mid month.

Food is all over the place though - one day I'm fine, eat small portions and no rubbish, the next I'm having choclolate flapjacks for breakfast. I think I may have been using the kitchen upheaval as an excuse, actually, to eat rubbish - ignoring the fact that Rachel Koo turned out huge banquets of gorgeous food in her Parisian kitchen which was smaller than a penny! I've done a big Tesco shop - lots of protein and salad, very little junk, and the only bread is sourdough, as I'm still having problems, tried seeded bread today and the tum ain't happy. Focusing on low-ish carb, no low calorie items, just simple unprocessed products. Will start frequenting the local butcher too so I can get decent cuts of meat, or use Muscle Foods maybe.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Hi Suzie 👋
Good luck in your new job!
Kitchen sounds a mare but looks like you’ll be sorted soon👍
I need to sort my food issues out , not got an excuse with my kitchen mind lol..
Just need to make an effort again!
I used muscle foods in the past , they’re pretty good , might use them again somewhen, but got lots of stuff in freezer to try and use first..
Good luck for the week ahead👍😊

Aw I'm so pleased you've got someone you really know you can trust involved :)

I think you should cut yourself some slack over the food, anyone would find it hard. You've still managed to keep losing weight.

Sourdough is still processed carbs and wheat, its just missing the yeast I think? I'm not sure it would be any better for you but I'm not a sourdough expert.

Have a lovely week x

Thanks @ChilliQueen xx

Afternoon all - sorry to be AWOL but it been a busy week, between the two jobs and the cottage stuff - but with the latter, there is light at the end of the tunnel! My builder is coming up from London on Sat morning with is mate to blitz the place, so hopefully by end of play Sunday I'll have a kitchen I can finally use :). Just had an experienced and reliable tiler round this morning, and he's going to come in after that and put up the new baby blue Metro tiles. I've got the wooden shutters going up later today, the wardrobe is done and the fence is going up over the next few weeks...

Foodwise, it has been ok - trying to use up the processed stuff and ready meals, and then it's clean eating all the way. I will get some of the Wicked Kitchen and Tesco Plant Chef products though, impressed with what I've tried so far. Way too much sweet stuff though, looking at you chocolate chip cookies! So i need to rein that in - but generally happy not to be obsessing about food every second of the day!

Will catch up with diaries this afternoon x

A kitchen that works! Radical times in your house soon, Lady F.

And a forever home for all the gadgets

All the gadgets? What about the ones we haven't dreamt of yet?

Back