Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all - I'm up at sparrows for a change! Finally got a decent night's sleep, so am showered, menagerie is fed, and I'm off to the shops to buy loads of spinach, help the losses along (hopefully).

Tibbs - I think your OH would love LC - just keep whispering "Bacon and eggs for breakfast" to him :D. Other typical B's are omelettes with cheese, BLT with avocados or leftover mincey dinners. What's not to love? :D

Haha! Love it! Everything you post is food he adores, he feels really hard done by on SW. How did you decide to LC? Any particular sites you looked at?

Back in the mists of time, about 5 years ago, I read an article about Atkins, joined the Atkins section of Minis and off I went. Did really well, lost 3 stone in 3 months, but as per usual for me, had a few mini dramas (including being out of work for 5 months), did my "grass is greener" thing, and went looking for something else - with much rubbish eating in between...

Really glad to be back on LC now after my wobble last month. I've just finished lunch - 3 LC sossies, chopped up, with lettuce and 3 toms, some Nudo mandarin oil and a squish of mayo. So filling and one of my favourite ever meals :). As I ate a bit late I prob won't feel like dinner but if I do, will just have some steamed spinach sauteed in butter :).

I know you said your OH inhales loaves of bread but there are lots of LC alternatives - some more successful than others, admittedly, but worth a go.

Back in the mists of time, about 5 years ago, I read an article about Atkins, joined the Atkins section of Minis and off I went. Did really well, lost 3 stone in 3 months, but as per usual for me, had a few mini dramas (including being out of work for 5 months), did my "grass is greener" thing, and went looking for something else - with much rubbish eating in between...

Really glad to be back on LC now after my wobble last month. I've just finished lunch - 3 LC sossies, chopped up, with lettuce and 3 toms, some Nudo mandarin oil and a squish of mayo. So filling and one of my favourite ever meals :). As I ate a bit late I prob won't feel like dinner but if I do, will just have some steamed spinach sauteed in butter :).

I know you said your OH inhales loaves of bread but there are lots of LC alternatives - some more successful than others, admittedly, but worth a go.

Thanks for taking the time to post Suzie, I'll do some reading up on Atkins, make some of the breads and do a trial run without him even knowing I think! :)

Let me know how you get on with the 'bread'!

Morning all - the sun is back, which is fab because it was a cold one last night. I used the a/c heating function in the bedroom last night and Orbit went bonkers, it really upset her, poor love! And Stella spent a cold night as I accidentally shut her in the kitchen - but is none the worse for wear today :). She made me laugh so much last night - took a very undignified tumble off the sofa, then pretended like it never happened :D.

Definitely think Buffy is right about only doing WIs once a month - did a sneaky one this morning, clothed this time, and was 3lbs up...although i did have some oaty biscuits and 85% chocolate :rolleyes:

I wish I could be so controlled to only WI once a month! I am an everyday weighed-which is so bad! Sets my mood-good or bad for the day so its NOT a good thing to do! But I only count my fri WI at SW.

xxxx

I spoke to a male friend today who doesn't WI at all :). Not sure I could do that...

Just getting ready for the weekly Mah Jong evening. Celery sticks and dolcelatte cheese - check. Big bowl of cauli rice - check. Get showered and dressed - oops! Must get a move on :D.

Hi Susie
Just wanted to check in & say hello:) well done sticking to Lc - you know it works for you! I can only say that it is a lifestyle choice that can work nicely even out & about (eating/drinking/partying). It's been 5.5yrs since I found you guys here on Minimins....I'm not the lightest I've ever ever been but I am surviving the crazy hormone season (blah!) and still dancing...perhaps it's useful that grains make me spotty & ill!

Life a bit tricky with parents (all 4) & DD so looking forward to this year ending...unfortunately no light as only downhill from here...sorry a bit of a downer..

What's good - still dancing 3-5 times a week, my idea of daily indulgence is nakd bar so mostly about 50g/day. Enjoying wine & dark chocolate - ok maybe recalculate that daily total;)

Hang in there - you can feel good & enjoy food & wine. If you want great ideas check out MDA

Stay in touch, keep working on it, you are worth it
Tons of love
KT

Ps love to Orbie & new Stella - only 1 grumpy old man left here! Still sad....

Hello Katie! So good to hear your news love - although I'm really sorry for the sad news about all the parents, big hugs xxxxxx. Thanks for all the lovely comments, you are one of my LC pin up people! (speaking of which, ever hear from Jim?).

All is good here - had a carby evening unfortunately though, my friend made chicken korma with a sachet and it was 10g carbs per serving! And another surprise - she thought the cauli rice was for all of us - so we didn't get much each. And at 6 this morning the korma came back to say hello ewww! Starving now, so its bacon and egg time. The sun is shining yaye and it's a lovely day, so will get busy in the kitchen and then sit outside for a bit.

I spoke to a male friend today who doesn't WI at all :). Not sure I could do that...

Just getting ready for the weekly Mah Jong evening. Celery sticks and dolcelatte cheese - check. Big bowl of cauli rice - check. Get showered and dressed - oops! Must get a move on :D.

Haha! That made me laugh:D
BTW, the sun is shining in Newcastle too, it's making the ice on the ground twinkle:)

Hope your sunshine stays longer than mine, Tibbs, it's REALLY cold here now and nearly time for the heating to go on!

I can't wait for my central heating to be fixed tomorrow, at the moment I've got an oil filled radiator in the living room but Italy's woeful power supply being what it is, if I turn the oven on when the heater is on - boof, the fuse box trips and everything switches off! :eek::mad:

Hi Susie

How are you? From the sounds of it a bit bloody cold lol. Poor you, hope that gets fixed tomorrow x I see you have gone down the Atkins route again, gotta take my hat off to you as that is probably one of the few diets I have never tried as really don't think I could do that...I imagine I would be hallucinating about pasta haha.

Take Care xx

Afternoon all. Back in the land of the living after 2 days of food poisoning (dodgy chicken) but feeling a bit more like myself, happily.

Didn't WI this week, felt too rotten, so will save it for next Friday and hope that it shows a little loss after some mashed potato I had last night - was all I could stomach. Luckily i don't have bread in the house or i would have snaffled the lot!

Hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Sorry to hear about the food poisoning - hope you are fully recovered:) xx

Yep thanks Katie, a bit sore but over the worst.

Shock horror though - went to order some Mama Lupe wraps and other stuff from the LCM - £27 delivery!!! I think not...

Glad you are feeling a bit better hun xxxx

Thanks ladies :). Much better today after a good night's sleep so I'm able to make Sunday lunch - salad for starters, then mixed grill and veg, so will be fine.

Did a quick WI and I'm STS, which I'm very grateful for!

Big day here for Italians, it's the referendum, but think most people are going to vote No, which means Renzi (the PM) might have to resign - he said he would, but who knows with politicians eh?

Later - well what a horrible afternoon. Went to check how much money I had before lunch and - no purse! I had a visit yesterday from four guys claiming to be from the council to measure my house and land. One came inside and when I was out of the room, he pinched it the b@#&rd! Everyone has now told me you never let anyone inside, that this sort of thing happens all the time, but I just didn't think it was suspicious until after they'd gone. Cards are cancelled now but still got to go to the police to report it...

Oh there are some rotten people out there!! Hopefully they get caught!xxx

Back