Susie's 2022 campaign

i love the see food eat it diet. That is how I would live if i could! To be honest, you've picked a good country to live in while following that eating plan ;-)

Glad your house renovations are moving along. It will be worth it in the end. Also glad so see a few posts back that your cats are still tolerating each other.

It snowed all day in Lewisham today. I responded by going back to bed for a 4 hour afternoon nap

Evening all - quiet in here at the moment, isn't it?

Oh well here's my usual dribble haha. Nice day today, my cold is slowly shifting, plus my English next door neighbour is here for a week, so she popped round for a cuppa and chat. We decided we're going to the coast tomorrow for lunch. Also to Lidl - Orbit is addicted to their cat food - but of course only one flavour - so i need to stock up up. Life in the fast lane :D.

Food was bad earlier, heavy on bread, but just made a lovely pasta with chunks of pumpkin and pork pieces with passata and basil, very tasty! It's ridiculous, me trying to consider low carb, because i can't keep away from bread - so will do some low carb days but count them. I think...

Hi Suzie, I've noticed a few people saying they're taking a break from minis for a while and just seems to be a small handful around at the minute.

I've had a couple of extreme weeks swinging from eating barely any calories and too much exercise, making myself bad, then swinging the opposite way and joining you in the see food eat it diet and making myself really bad. I'm on an elimination diet (again! See if I can last more than 3 days this time!) and craving all the food I'm reading about! I could just have a chunk of your bread dipped in the Passata sauce, bread is my total downfall.

Isn't it weird how cats will only eat one type of food! My daughter's cat is the same, turns her nose up at anything in gravy and miaows like crazy because she's hungry.

Lovely to hear you're out for lunch tomorrow, not long since you were snowed in.
Enjoy, let me know what you had so I can virtually eat it:D:D X

Ahh that would explain it, thanks Tibbs.

Finally, a lovely day here - the guys are in t-shirts, should finish the floor tiles today yaye :).

Will report back on lunch - I think it's going to be Maccas, my friend's daughter really wants some. Be rude not to :D

Sun's been shining here today too and felt quite mild (9deg instead of 3 :D) typically when sun comes out thoughts of tidying the garden pop in. Discovered loads of hyacinths nearly ready to flower, Spring is just around the corner! I love this time of year. New bronze looking bird feeder in place, very swank:)

Did you enjoy your trip out? X

Yes thanks Tibbs, it was lovely weather (at last) so a nice day for driving to the coast. Sadly Lidl didn't have the catfood, so I'm off to another Lidl tomorrow with a mate.

Been chaos here today - all the kitchen cupboards had to come out for the rewiring to be done behind them. Plastering is drying overnight, then all fixed tomorrow, with my longer bench going in too yaye! The lads say they should be all finished by Saturday - will be so amazing to get my house back in some sort of order :D.

Sounds like the end is in sight ladyfelsham you'll soon be snuggled in the kitchen making your none bread menu up. It can't be easy concentrating on foods when you have hard working men folk frolicking in your kitchen :D:D:D

Yes there's not much room to do anything right now, and can't use the oven or microwave so it was bread and jam for lunch!

I'm perched, with laptop, at a corner of the kitchen table - but it IS rather nice to have three young men in my kitchen - that hasn't happened for a long while :D

How's it going Suzie? You'll not know yourself tomorrow with your lovely new kitchen. When our kitchen was redone I couldn't stop going in to look at how lovely it all looked:D x

Morning!

The work still continues, should be done by Tuesday. Luckily I agreed a price for the whole job so runovers aren't a worry :). And it's looking good - the new worktop in the kitchen is in, tiles are up (grouting tomorrow), plastering is all done - so we're nearly there. Wednesday I'm hiring the mum of the English worker to come and blitz the house (with me helping), so am hoping we'll be back to normal by Thursday :).

And what a glorious day today - 15 degrees, lovely and sunny, and set to stay like that for a while now - very welcome after all the bad weather. Time for laundry!

Hi susie
i went AWOL life as been playing games with me and the diet or should i say what diet im back on in the morning i just keep comfort eating anyway im back at work now only 12 hrs over 3 days cause of my boobs and i think i need to go back to dr cause one is still swollen and i feel sick
and i have the workmen in my bathroom with the pipes there driving me mad lololol but im about now
im glad you nearly sorted my friend and i bet there is a lovely view in the kitchen lololol

Oh Chezzie my poor love, you are going through the wars! Get back to the doc and fingers crossed it gets sorted this time my friend - and don't worry about comfort eating right now honey, you've got a lot happening, the diet can wait xxx.

Just waiting for the guys to arrive, then it's off to visit a friend in hospital, and later Aperol spritz at the beach :).

Hello peeps - last day of work on the house today - YEEHAH! They've been lovely guys and done a great job but it will be fab to get the house back :D.

A young woman from their village is also here cleaning all the floors (bliss) - no more crunching of mortar or plaster underfoot - and as I type in the kitchen I can look up to the window and not see a stream of dust motes in the air for the first time in four weeks. Think it might explain why my cough didn't want to clear up!

Plus just had a very exciting Italian moment - met the brother of the guy who owns the house next door, and was able to say hi, introduce myself and have a little chat :D. At least, I think I got it right haha.

Am giving myself a few days to get the house back to rights, then am going to focus back on CC and really do it properly - logging food, doing a bit of Leslie, and so on. My mini goal will be to lose 3 stone by summer!

Hello peeps - last day of work on the house today - YEEHAH! They've been lovely guys and done a great job but it will be fab to get the house back :D.

A young woman from their village is also here cleaning all the floors (bliss) - no more crunching of mortar or plaster underfoot - and as I type in the kitchen I can look up to the window and not see a stream of dust motes in the air for the first time in four weeks. Think it might explain why my cough didn't want to clear up!

Plus just had a very exciting Italian moment - met the brother of the guy who owns the house next door, and was able to say hi, introduce myself and have a little chat :D. At least, I think I got it right haha.

Am giving myself a few days to get the house back to rights, then am going to focus back on CC and really do it properly - logging food, doing a bit of Leslie, and so on. My mini goal will be to lose 3 stone by summer!

Hi Suzie, brilliant about chit chatting in Italian with the neighbour. My friend lives in Cyprus & says most of the Brits never even attempt to speak Cypriot, you're certainly living the dream out there and fitting in.
Glad to hear you're getting back on plan and have set a goal, you sound like you're in the zone, at the minute I seem to only be working part time at losing weight! Evening comes around and I'm hmmm what's to eat? What's Leslie?
Also glad to hear you've got your house sorted and can sit back and admire it. How are the cats getting on? X

Great news about your house!! I bet you can't wait to have it just how you want it. 3 stone by summer is very doable! Once you have settled back into CC then you will smash it! x

Thanks El!

What's Leslie?.......How are the cats getting on? X

Leslie Sansome - a not too irritating exercise guru who does in house walking vids for people who don't want to go to a gym, they are all available on YT and start at 1 mile - they are great, give one a try :).

The cats are good - Orby still has her moments but I'm hoping she's finally starting to accept Stella. I've decided, now the weather is better, that Tinsy has to learn to feed herself, otherwise she'll lose the ability to hunt, so she's not happy with me - but it is for the best, for all of us!

I'm still feeling a bit flu-like, been sleeping a lot, and really need to get healthy and lose weight, instead of mucking around like I have been. I did say I would go back to CC, but the lightbulb went on when I suddenly realised today it's because I just want to stuff my gob full of bread and pasties! I need a plan, and one to stick rigidly to - so it's back to SW. Dizzy with my constant changes of mind? :D I'm just waiting for new batteries for the scales to arrive, then I'm on it. Am also going to join my old club on their FB page so I can WI with everyone else, albeit from a distance. I've found low fat cottage cheese (although would like to try making my own) and can get quark and baked beans from Lidl, plus scan bran and there are loads of SW recipes and resources online, so NO MORE EXCUSES!

I am sure that half the reason I feel so rubbish is that for weeks now, since the snow started, I've been eating for England and barely walking further than a few steps in any direction. Time for change xx.

Thanks El!

Leslie Sansome - a not too irritating exercise guru who does in house walking vids for people who don't want to go to a gym, they are all available on YT and start at 1 mile - they are great, give one a try :).

The cats are good - Orby still has her moments but I'm hoping she's finally starting to accept Stella. I've decided, now the weather is better, that Tinsy has to learn to feed herself, otherwise she'll lose the ability to hunt, so she's not happy with me - but it is for the best, for all of us!

I'm still feeling a bit flu-like, been sleeping a lot, and really need to get healthy and lose weight, instead of mucking around like I have been. I did say I would go back to CC, but the lightbulb went on when I suddenly realised today it's because I just want to stuff my gob full of bread and pasties! I need a plan, and one to stick rigidly to - so it's back to SW. Dizzy with my constant changes of mind? :D I'm just waiting for new batteries for the scales to arrive, then I'm on it. Am also going to join my old club on their FB page so I can WI with everyone else, albeit from a distance. I've found low fat cottage cheese (although would like to try making my own) and can get quark and baked beans from Lidl, plus scan bran and there are loads of SW recipes and resources online, so NO MORE EXCUSES!

I am sure that half the reason I feel so rubbish is that for weeks now, since the snow started, I've been eating for England and barely walking further than a few steps in any direction. Time for change xx.

Hi Suzie, I'm not keen on the gym, too many people watching you at ours, so I'll check out Leslie.
I was exactly the same on CC, it was so I could eat junk with the excuse it was within calories. I like SW but need to get to grips with portion control again before going back on it. If I don't cut the recipe down I'll stuff the lot purely because it's "free". I haven't been able to stick to any plan this year, I've flitted from one to another, but as you say, time for a change.Light nights and sunshine will be on the way soon:)
I can just imagine Tinsey sitting there trying to get in, but you're right, she needs to continue to hunt. You've kept her going through the bad weather and time for her to get used to finding her own food :cat:
Your flu seems to be hanging on a bit, hope you're better soon x

Yay to the work being finished in Palazzo Susie!:D Must be a relief to get your kitchen back after all this time. My kitchen is in need of a complete overhaul, but the thought of having it out of commission for even a day makes my blood run cold, let alone the week or so I'd probably be without it:eek: I think we'll be rocking our 1990's counters and cupboards for a while yet...

So it's full steam ahead with SW, is it? I didn't think they were big on the low fat bits and bobs you'd need for that in Italy, but sounds like you can get them, so that's good. I look forward to reading your menus 'cos I remember from Atkins that you're creative - daring even! - with your cooking.:D

I think you're right that getting moving would make you feel better in yourself, and of course it helps shift the pounds and keep them off too. Are there good walks where you are? I have visions of your house being surrounded by olive groves and nut orchards in bloom, so don't disillusion me, lol :D

I like SW but need to get to grips with portion control again before going back on it......Your flu seems to be hanging on a bit, hope you're better soon x

On the mend now thx Tibbs, still got a cough but hopefully that's going to go now the house is cleaner! And got a young woman coming tomorrow to blitz the kitchen so it's spotless. Portion control is my real thing too - I just need to be disciplined and batch cook, then whip the extras into the freezer! I bought an under counter 3 drawer freezer so there's no excuse about not having enough room to put leftovers - except in my big gob! :)

So it's full steam ahead with SW, is it? I didn't think they were big on the low fat bits and bobs you'd need for that in Italy, but sounds like you can get them, so that's good. I look forward to reading your menus 'cos I remember from Atkins that you're creative - daring even! - with your cooking.:D

I think you're right that getting moving would make you feel better in yourself, and of course it helps shift the pounds and keep them off too. Are there good walks where you are? I have visions of your house being surrounded by olive groves and nut orchards in bloom, so don't disillusion me, lol :D

Creative - me? :D. That's probably because I've run out of stuff and have to wing it lol - and the end result isn't always edible :D.

Yeah I really need to start exercising. I know I've put on heaps of weight, and my knees are really complaining, but since December I've just felt helpless and unable to do anything. However, I'm hopefully over that blip and I have a PLAN! Am starting SW on 1 March, bought a year's sub to the SW mag online and have joined a few FB and blog groups - Pinch of Nom is amazing. So I have all the motivation and resources I need. Just wish we could get parsnips and swedes here, I love them for mash but you cant get them here at all, and only get sweet potato in November-December. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.

On the mend now thx Tibbs, still got a cough but hopefully that's going to go now the house is cleaner! And got a young woman coming tomorrow to blitz the kitchen so it's spotless. Portion control is my real thing too - I just need to be disciplined and batch cook, then whip the extras into the freezer! I bought an under counter 3 drawer freezer so there's no excuse about not having enough room to put leftovers - except in my big gob! :)

Creative - me? :D. That's probably because I've run out of stuff and have to wing it lol - and the end result isn't always edible :D.

Yeah I really need to start exercising. I know I've put on heaps of weight, and my knees are really complaining, but since December I've just felt helpless and unable to do anything. However, I'm hopefully over that blip and I have a PLAN! Am starting SW on 1 March, bought a year's sub to the SW mag online and have joined a few FB and blog groups - Pinch of Nom is amazing. So I have all the motivation and resources I need. Just wish we could get parsnips and swedes here, I love them for mash but you cant get them here at all, and only get sweet potato in November-December. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.

Good plan there Suzie, I love Pinch of Nom and use quite a few of her recipes. I also like slimming eats, Emily bites and Fopperholic (she's a SW consultant).
What veg is in season now in Italy? It must have been hard getting used to seasonal veg after the supermarkets of London x

Back