Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh my world! Invite me over there now please! I will never leave! Pizza is my most favourite thing to eat, especially cold the next morning:p You've had lovely meals today ( or I should say yesterday) and still come in at a decent amount of calories. I've got some of that skinny rice, I need to give it a try as I sickened myself of cauliflower rice. Does it taste the same as rice or need hidden in a sauce? X

I've got some of that skinny rice, I need to give it a try as I sickened myself of cauliflower rice. Does it taste the same as rice or need hidden in a sauce? X

Tastes nowt like rice I'm afraid - on its own, sort of rubbery, but usually takes on the flavour of the sauce you put it with. Good in curries and tomatoey sauces.

I love pizza for breakfast. If I was in Italy I'd have pizza all the time!!

I have to absolutely fight the temptation to do just that :D. And lunch. And dinner...:rolleyes:.

Well, moaning all. Terrible night's sleep. My sleep monitor tells me I had 3 hours deep sleep, the rest was either awake or light sleep - so it's a snooze on the sofa for me soon. A late afternoon, and very strong, coffee was the culprit, i think.

Didn't end up having the sweet pot fries, so they will be for lunch. Really ravenous at the moment, always like that when I'm tired!

B - foccaccia with eggs, tea
L - chicken sausage with sweet potato fries
D - leftover turkey skinny rice and veg
Total - 1,508 - will add snacks later, unless I have more at lunch.

Come on over babes! There are about 6 or 8 pizza places in my small town alone. We could pizza and gelato crawl our way around :D :D

But of course -

Feeling a bit better, had an hour's kip on the sofa, with Stella lounging all over me :).

Pleased you're feeling better Suzie, it's funny but I've been naturally ( not drugged type) tired today and have had the munchies!
Oh my, you're certainly living the dream! I'd want to eat so much pizza I'd definitely have to crawl along.. Sheer bliss X

It is bliss - but very hard to stay on track foodwise!

Just stuffed myself with two huge slices of brioche, so think it's safe to say it'll be a gain on Friday morning unless there's an Easter miracle! :oops:

Not sure why I did it - because it was there and I knew it would taste nice?

Mmmm brioche, just so hard to resist

Italians love this sort of cake, there's a special version at Christmas and another at Easter - and it's a big thing here to take one to someone when you are paying a visit. I should have just given it away when I got it (from a friend) but no it sat in the fridge and then my "don't waste food" and my "oooh bet that tastes fab" greedy buttons kicked in! Oh well, am trying to be realistic about losses and gains, this is for life, so will just keep plugging away. Not that there's been any great hardship so far :).

B - tea
L - foccaccia with 2 dry fried eggs, a slice of cheese sand loads of wilted spinach
D - leftover turkey mince and veg thin with lots of spinach

So far, under 1,000 - but am sure I'll plug the gap with a mini chocolate egg or two :D

Have a lovely day, all xx

Later - got a bit peckish later and had crackers and cheese (can you believe even stuff from Italian supermarkets is on MFP, brilliant!), then had dinner - only a very small portion, to be fair. Didn't feel full, so defrosted a baked bean and veg curry. I've had half and am stuffed, but feeling quite pleased with myself - I did reach first for foccaccia but had this instead, much better for me, the night before WI! :D

Last edited:
Sounds like a brilliant day!! Well done :) Fingers crossed for a big whoosie when you weigh in :)

MFP is brilliant. I'm going to start using it again after my holiday.

That's brilliant, a stone. I really don't know how you did it living among all that glorious food and drink. If it was me I would have to be swimming 24 hours a day to compensate for it.

Well done...and juts a little bit jealous.

That's brilliant, hun! I'm a big believer in gradual loss with minimal deprivation (as I think you know 'cos I bang on about it enough:p) and you are finding that balance, the balance that works for you. Just keep logging, keep yourself accountable and you will get there:D

And if you can portion out the brioche so that it fits your goals, why not? Sure, it would probably be better not to have stuff like that hanging around, but I don't suppose you get given it every day, so treat it as a one-off and just make it a rule that you only have that kind of thing on occasion, preferably when someone else has paid for it, lol.

Enjoy your lunch and your lovely weather!x:D

Thx ladies - well I've got a LOT to lose so there will be less and less of the yummy stuff as time goes by :). But I really do think I'm getting the hang of CCing this time - on my 3rd attempt!

Scrummie - I love your comments on CCing, they are so incredibly helpful. I'd always thought I needed to lose loads fast - but this way (encouraged by you, Tracy and Stackie, in particular) is working so well - and I don't feel in the least deprived. As you say, just log everything and keep myself accountable :cool:. I already notice I am making some better food choices - not every single day, mind, some days I still just want to eat an entire bakery's worth of carbs o_O or have a lake of wine :eek: but those days are always going to happen, I just need to accept that, know I'm not always going to behave like an angel and keep in focus most of the time.

Lunch has been put off until tomorrow, it's not a public holiday here but everything is still booked up, so will use up stuff in the fridge instead.

B - foccaccia with eggs and cheese
L - turkey/chicken sossies with salad
D - more sossies with cauli mash and spinach
S - yummy rosemary crackers with cheese; 2 fruit and cereal biscuits; 6 mini eggs

Total - 1,981

Well done on a whole stone gone!! That's fantastic :) And you have done it while still eating lovely food. It's natural to not make those good choices occasionally. I think if you don't have those days, then falling off the wagon completely can be more likely, deprivation is never a good thing. xx

Thx Ellie! :)

Well the Colomba cake is all gone, had it for lunch - and never again shall it darken my doorstep! :oops:.

Will have gone over on cals IF I have all my planned snacks - so will see how I feel later after some green tea. Finally found one that doesn't make me gurn at first sip lol - orange and ginger - so will make a pot up in a mo.

Little Italian moment - I've noticed that neighbours are starting to wave at me if we drive past each other, or I see them in the street - such a lovely feeling! I might be a foreigner - but I'm their foreigner :D.

Morning all - delighted to report a 1lb loss, when I was sure I would gain - so that's my first stone gone :D.

Another lovely day here, and possibly a lunch out somewhere, so will list the menu later.

Have a good one! xx

Well done on your first stone gone!:woohoo:

So chuffed for you Suzie, one stone already :winner: Fantastic X
I totally agree that the way to lose and keep it off is slowly, and I think by tweaking the things you like to eat, which you are in the way you cook and your portion sizes plus if you do have the odd goodie or glass of wine you know not to go overboard, but if you do you know to cut back on the next few days to put it right.
CC is working so well for you now, you're smashing it. Well proud of you Suze X

I love that your neighbours have taken you to heart and you're their foreigner, what a lovely warm feeling X

I can help you with the wine lake if you need:rolleyes:

And as for green tea, well I do like it but find a mint and green tea very tasty. I currently drink Pukka brand Mint and Matcha Green as does my son.

Can I ask (as new here), how long are you in Italy for? Total jealousy here...we plan on some day living in France but France/Italy/Spain I would be very happy.

Thank you all for your lovely posts - I am feeling pretty pleased that I kept the cals last night to just over my limit, did a sneaky WI this morning (as you do) and am another pound down. Had a big pot of orange green tea (ok, from Lidl) with peppermint, wonder if that helped?:rolleyes:

Am going to make a big effort to eat more green veg this week - slowly mowing my way through a ginormous bag of spinach! Hopefully this time next year the garden will be sorted and I'll be growing my own :). Mind you, I don't know the first thing about growing veg, but a mate who does is going to give me a beginner's guide to. Also just bought my first stone treat, some goodies from Amazon, including the Riverford Farm cookbook. If I eat more veg then I can boost them with yummies like a bit of cream or olive oil.

I can help you with the wine lake if you need:rolleyes:

And as for green tea, well I do like it but find a mint and green tea very tasty. I currently drink Pukka brand Mint and Matcha Green as does my son.

Can I ask (as new here), how long are you in Italy for? Total jealousy here...we plan on some day living in France but France/Italy/Spain I would be very happy.

Always need help with the wine lake :D. Although the cupboard is unusually bare at the moment, might drop in to Cantina Frentano on my way home from lunch ;).

I love Pukka tea too, especially the three ginger, but you can't buy it here and for some reason the Amazon delivery costs are high, so will have to go with what I can get locally.

Re Italy - I'm here for good :). After many years of dreaming about living here, I've been able (thanks to a small inheritance after my dad died in 2014) to take early retirement and make it a reality. I bought in Abruzzo, a little known but utterly beautiful province, and houses are very cheap here. I bought my 2 storey 2 bed house for €25K, and have spent about the same doing it up. As I type, I have a lovely view down the valley, across the vineyards and up to the town. After a few hiccups I can honestly say I really love it here now. I'm still finding some things strange, but have built up a good group of friends, which really helps, and now the big challenge is to really work on my Italian language skills - you can read all about it if you're bored in my blog - https://abruzzodreaming.wordpress.com/. Reminds me, I must do another post soon :).

Off to lunch at the beach today here - http://www.lidocavalluccio.it/restaurant.htm - with six others. It's a fish restaurant right on the sea, but still ok for me as they have a small meat menu too. Will post menu later! Ciao tutti xx

Back