Susie's 2022 campaign

STS = Stay The Same - ie, not put weight on or lost :).

Lunch was lovely, thanks, after a rather unsatisfactory meeting with the lawyer, so it was nice to relax and chat with mates.

B - tea, pastry
L - gnocchi in tomato sauce; beef steak with chips and salad; glass of frizzante
D - probably still full from lunch
S - rosemary crackers and cheese (of course) and two glasses of vino

Total - 1,675

Have a good one, all! xx

Afternoon all

A lovely day here, finally a chance to get some laundry done - one of my cats eats the dry food of the other cat, even though we all know it makes her sick. Came upstairs last night to find she'd hurled all over the throw on the bed, yuck :eek:.

Meanwhile - am celebrating 30 days of logging into MFP :).

B - tea
L - two soft rolls with fried egg and cheese (yum)
D - sossies and salad with mayo

Total - 1,285

Hope you're all having a fab day xx

Congrats on your first month of logging!:D It can be quite fun in a numbers-nerdy kind of way (just me?:oops::D).

Even bigger congrats for not letting your indulgent weekend throw you off. I always think it takes serious determination to log those days when we know we've gone over our calorie limits - I don't want to do it even now, but I make myself because otherwise I will start pretending they didn't happen, and that never ends well!:eek: - so well done! Be proud of yourself for that, 'cos it ain't easy!:)

Yuck to the cat "present" on your bed...why do they always pick those places?? Our cats always used to chuck on the carpet rather than the lino if they could possibly manage it:rolleyes:o_O

Enjoy your lovely day - it's sunny here too, and I have washing out, but it's chilly so I'm betting yours dries rather quicker than mine!;):Dx

Hi Susie!

30 days of MFP is fantastic!! It will make the next 30 that bit easier! You are doing so well, and not letting the STS get you down, instead just plowing on :)

Awww thanks guys - I actually went downhill big time foodwise this evening - had my sausages but then also had a massive plate of roasted gnocchi oops - but also had 3 litres of water, maybe that will help :).

Off to an American diner for lunch tomorrow, so will be another big cal meal. I really need to focus on making veg the main part of my meals from now on, I've noticed I'm tending to go OTT on the weekend then try to claw gains back by Friday WI - which is a bit silly, really :rolleyes:.

Morning all

Had a smashing day yesterday, but exhausting! We went to the diner, shopped, shopped some more, then to the bar of a friend, which has just opened - such a lovely setting, it's an old water mill in a woodland area - where we had gorgeous Prosecco, pecorino cheese, fava beans and salamis. I did log it all faithfully last night and over-estimated where possible, and still came in at 1,800 - so very pleased with that.

Today it's a big laundry/jobs around the house catch up day so will probably just graze on what's in the fridge. Public holiday tomorrow (Liberation Day) so will need to go get groceries at some point!

L - eggs and ham, strawberries
D - turkey steaks with spinach, I think

Will add up later. Have a good one!

It was simply the best Prosecco I've ever had - another visit is called for methinks! :D

Right, revised menu =

L - turkey steak with fried eggs
D - Hairy Biker's low fat shepherd's pie with pumpkin mash, beans and peas
S - leftover turkey steak if I want it, strawberries, Tiger rye sticks

Total - 1,196 - seems low but I've been very careful and precise with logging...shows what happens when you give bread and pasta a miss!

Love a hairy bikers recipe :)

Well done Susie you're really settling in to CC and totals consistently under 2,000 is great xxx

Hi guys - sorry to go awol but a close friend here collapsed two nights ago while driving a friend to the airport. She's in hospital in a coma and is unlikely to come out of it, so we're all very sad.

Made some very bad eating choices, although yesterday I was under my cals - but this evening I rather lost my focus, cooked a big bowl of red pesto pasta and scoffed the lot - so cals for today are 2,604. That's AFTER a huge lunch of pulled pork, potato salad, a big white roll and strawberries!

Going to try and rein it in a bit tomorrow - I can't let this railroad me - although I'm not going to WI this week, it will be disastrous, I'm sure.

Sxx

Big hugs Susie!!! That's awful news. Going over your cals is completely understandable. Take it a day at a time xx

Oh no, that's terrible. Take care of yourself and your friends and we will be here when you get back.

Oh Susie!! That's awful news, very sad and so shocking that it all happened to quickly ! Big hugs to you xxxxx eating off plan totally understandable - you just need to get through this. Hope you've got friends around to support you xxxx

Thanks guys - got lots of support here, she was really well known and liked, organised all sorts of things for the local expats here - and will be missed terribly.

Well, I know I shouldn't talk like that - but the news this morning is not great, she could go at any moment. She has suffered extensive brain damage and is in a coma, and I know she would hate being in a vegetative state, or if she does come out of it, she would equally hate being reliant on anyone - a very independent and feisty lady. But, this being a Catholic country, there's no discussion by the doctors of letting her slip away - so it's a waiting game now.

I know it's all a bit of a downer, but thanks for letting me talk about it here xxx.

Definitely having an emotional response to eating though - had a lovely 2 egg omelette for brekkie, and now all I can think about is wolfing down some bread...will have a pot of green tea and see if that takes my mind off the carbs!

Morning all

Still no news on my friend - but some other very good news, I've been granted residency status! Such a relief to finally be legal :).

Also womaned up and hopped on the scales this morning and have only put 2lbs on, so will work hard to get that off this coming week.

Sxx

Well done on the residency status, is that difficult to get and will it make a big difference to you?

Hope things "go easy" for your friend one way or another.

Take that 2lb and threaten it with deportation unless it goes.

So ............ i get so fed up with salad for lunch, what else can i have? I do try to eat free meals
i cook every evening for my husband and these meals are normally free with the exception of Fridays where i cook him Macain oven chips
what do people actually eat?

That's great news about your residency! Feels like it has been a long road to get it, it must be a relief for you.

2lbs is not a bad gain at all, considering the last few days. Hope you have a good weekend, and that you have some delicious, healthy food xx

Well done on the residency status, is that difficult to get and will it make a big difference to you?

Residency is easy for UK citizens but I'm on a Kiwi passport, which flummoxed the local council :). But happily it's sorted now and will make a big difference re the health care system, etc.

So ............ i get so fed up with salad for lunch, what else can i have? I do try to eat free meals
i cook every evening for my husband and these meals are normally free with the exception of Fridays where i cook him Macain oven chips
what do people actually eat?

Hi Babs - nice to see you but did you mean to post on my thread, love, or on a SW one?

Evening all - been a terrible day for food. Friends took me out for beer to celebrate, and then to an amazing bakery yesterday and since then I've been scoffing mini sossie rolls, pizza and white bread :eek:o_O

Vegetables for the rest of the week for me!

Back