Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Susie, so glad you've had lots of people to talk things over with - major life changes take a good deal of mulling over I've always found. Would it be feasible to have a base here and in Italy as well so that you can come and go as you please? Have to say, my ideal lifestyle would involve spending about 7 months here (April-October) and the rest in southern Spain to avoid our rubbish winter!:D One day...

Good luck with the flat sale - hope it gets sorted soon!x

EDIT - We cross posted! So sorry about the flat:(...really, really hope it gets sold ASAP

Biggest hugs to you Suzie, very worrying and hope it's sorted fast. Much love to my virtual sister X

Sending a big hug to you Susie. Hope you get some good news on your flat soon and the open market responds quickly for you .

Look forward to hearing from you soon. Chin up Hun xxxxxxx

Sorry to hear that Susie and fingers crossed that all will work out well. Maybe the open market will work out better...who knows.

Talk soon

Thanks my virtual sisters :).

Am still sleep deprived (30 degrees at 3am this morning!) and it's back to a sweaty 38 now, but things in London are looking a bit more optimistic. It goes on the market tomorrow and in the meantime a friend is lending me some money to hopefully get me through - so no need to suddenly pack up and rush back, which is a relief.

Sadly my menu has been well and truly all about comfort eating, will try and get my head back in the game by the weekend.

Thank you again, your support means a great deal to me, kisses to you all xxxx

Oh Susie sorry about the flat.
Hope this helps - when i sold my shared ownership flat I had zero interest through HA. Once it was on the open market, I had 2 fighting over it. Housing Associations are not experts in selling houses, and tbh a little ****. But once something is on rightmove etc. stuff does tend to move.

Last edited:
Oh thanks Buffy that is good to know!

And yeah aren't HA's about as useful as a chocolate teapot?! They have dragged their heels, not responded to emails, yada yada - so I'm sure it's fate stepping in for a better result. The agent seems confident of a sale within a few weeks - which would be AMAZING! :D

Hopefully it'll get caught in the London market and disappear quickly!! For a good price too :) xxxxx

Wow, that's some heat during the night:eek: I'd struggle with that as so used to the frozen North:) Sounds good now your flat is up with an agent, they'll make sure it goes fast and before you know it you'll be planning your next adventure.
Your friend is a treasure for helping you out :) X

Not sure I could cope with that much heat at night....even here at 20 degrees at night I struggle.

Morning all

Well it continues to be stinking hot here - 32 degrees at 4am this morning and now it's 39, heading up to 41. I believe we even made the UK news :rolleyes:.

But the heat makes it very hard to do anything. I had a vague idea of cleaning the fridge - but then I got up and revised that plan! I should count myself lucky, I've got a/c in the bedroom and had that and the fan on all night - some friends here don't have a/c at all, poor things, and some are sleeping out on roof terraces, despite the mozzies :eek:. Am drinking lots of water - 5 litres yesterday - and taking electrolytes powder and magnesium, and the cats are coming in and drinking water, so we'll be ok.

Hope you're all doing ok too xx

Morning!

Another day, another scorcher...most of Italy has now been declared an emergency zone because of water shortages. Luckily we're ok in Abruzzo so far, the water hasn't been going off yet - but am keeping 5 litres of fresh bottled water in the fridge and another 5 on the bench for the loo and plants.

I'm finally running out of a few essentials like eggs, so will go to the nearest mini mart (just 5 mins down the road) and stock up. Just waiting in for a friend and her grand daughter to pop by after the market - if they come, might be too hot.

Have a good one xx

LOL Tipp yep it's too hot for wine :eek::eek::eek:!

Actually getting a bit scary for some friends - quite a few fires are happening now, and one poor lady died from a fire on her land (about 90 mins from me). I'm close to the town, right on the outskirts, so should be ok on that front.

But am a bit annoyed about something trivial. One of my closest friends here is performing in Madam Butterfly here in CF tonight, we've all got tickets (€25 ouch!), and a restaurant beforehand - so an expensive night. Because so many people are expected, there'll be no parking (it's in the historical centre and parking is very limited) and I was going to get a lift with her husband, but she's just rung to say he's changed his mind about dinner and I now have to meet him elsewhere for a lift. Which is fine, except she hasn't sent through his number, and I can just see I won't be able to get hold of him and I'll have to take my car up there, drive around endlessly looking for a park, probably have to park miles away and then try and walk - all of which would be fine if a) it wasn't so effing hot - 32 degrees expected later - and b) my knees would allow that! So i'll either arrive, in pain and sweating from head to toe, or I'll have to turn around and go home again, and that money will be wasted. Fume....

Wow yes it is hot in Italy, my friend told me about it she lives in Bologna but this week she is England so hopefully I will catch up with her.

I hope the night went ok, yeah its annoying when things dont go to plan. I often get het up about little things and then worry when it doesn't happen in the first place.

G'day all - been an eventful couple of days :).

As expected, I couldn't get hold of him so had to walk up, which nearly killed me - but lots of ice cold water and fanning and i felt ok after a while. But OMG it was sweltering, the centre is closed in and we got no breeze whatsoever. I had a priest on one side of me and a friend's son on the other and we were all fanning each other like mad :D. (reading this back, that does sound rude lol).

Then yesterday the woman who owns the land in front of me decided it was a good time to clean out the shed and start a fire - less than 10 feet from my patio! I was terrified - just one spark on my awnings and whoosh up would go the house! I kept shouting "no fire" "too hot" (in Italian) but she ignored me. Then I threw water over it twice and said I was calling the police (it's illegal to start a fire in the summer) and she and her son put it out. I felt bad for shouting but how utterly dangerous. Turns out they were boiling jars for passata, but had built the fire up too high. Anyhoo, she then knocked at the door and apologised profusely, started crying about her husband (he died last year), I started crying, we hugged and smiled, and then she gave me a bone shaking farewell handshake :D. So, all's well that ends well. Abruzzo - 0; Susie - 1.

Morning all

Well, a decision has been made, I'm moving back mid October. Turns out the lease on my flat is too short for people to get a mortgage, so I have to organise a lease extension - and it's all too hard being out of the country.

Plus I need to get a job - so back we come!

Welcome back! We will be neighbours now!!!!!!! Sucks about the lease though. HA should have said something - is that why the interested party couldn't get a mortgage?

Back