Susie's 2022 campaign

Not sure - but yes the HA should have pointed it out. It's going to take a few months to sort out, but better to be there to do it.

Yaye to being neighbours :).

i'm actually really looking forward to coming back. It has been a great adventure but I've missed so many things.

In sad and glad for you. It will be good to get it sorted but will you stay permanently in the UK then? What about your house in Italy? The UK may be better for your diet....less wine, pizza and pasta. But also less amazing fresh fruit and veg.
Glad a decision has been made.

Morning Tipp

Yes I'll stay in the UK - unless I get itchy feet again :). The Italy house is being viewed tomorrow by an English guy, and if I'm very very lucky he will fall in love with it :D.

And yes hopefully the UK will be better for dieting. Re the fruit and veg, it is fresh and organic here, but expensive - I priced up a normal shop at Tesco online and it's cheaper, plus you can get everything you want, all year round.

Another hot day here! Gosh I envy your rain...:).

Morning Ladyfelsham

First check in for me in a while and A Belated Happy Birthday and WOW what a life changing bag of events in such a short time for you, I can relate very much to some of your situation I to am on the brink money wise and need to get on and sell my property it will be hugely life changing for me and this weekend I've just weighed in my last rainy day coinage to get us a bit extra while on holiday.

I'm also very much looking forward to a those couple of treats for myself being a very good Metal Detector, Some pro camera Lenses and a laptop that can jump sing and do back flips so i can take it on my travels.

You must find it very hard to concentrate on health when all this is surrounding you, i know it has stumbled me quiet a bit as when all around is in uproar its so hard to keep our own emotions in check and i eat via emotions and sometimes i don't even taste it before it goes down.

Is there anyway you could stay with a friend in the UK to get the lease extension sorted to take some of the weight of the time scale your under to have to return.

Also in a drought you could have a deep dug compost toilet as a back up system if things got very bad ( not the nicest but it does the job for the jobs :D

Last edited:
:D Hey Ladyfelsham, nice to see a familiar face still on the forums. I'm returning home to Atkins and it's very lonely over there at the moment. :confused: It sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. Good luck with the move back to the UK.

Hi all

It was Ferrogosto, a national holiday, yesterday so had a BBQ at a friend's house, which was lovely. It's now 3.45am and I've been awake since midnight because of very loud fireworks going off in the village for their festa!

Hi @lookingforme and @Lisa-Ann - lovely to hear from you both, and thanks for your posts.

Had the viewing on the house on Monday morning, and I didn't think he liked it - but apparently it's one of three he's considering. Not getting my hopes up, TBH - if he buys it, fine - if not, I'll keep it going as is for a while and visit for hols when I can.

Turns out the lease drama on the UK flat is going to take months to sort out (we are talking housing associations here, about as useful as a chocolate teapot!), so I'm looking forward to heading back. All booked for mid October, and I'll follow the removal van which goes quite slowly, so that makes me feel happier about driving on my own. The removalist is a lovely guy, and it will be nice to have someone to chat to on regular stops. And it makes it easy having the flat to move back into - the tenants are staying on until mid October, which is perfect because I'll arrive back soon after that.

Have a good day all xxx

Fingers crossed the guy viewing your house on Monday just had a good poker face. :) What part of the UK are you moving back to, my memory fails me?! Not long to go now then, but still plenty of time to decide what you will listen to in the car on the way back. :p Is it about 20hrs of driving across a few days? x

Following your heart Susie ! Good for you. Remind me how long have you lived in Italy for ? Christmas in the UK this year then! x

Following your heart Susie ! Good for you. Remind me how long have you lived in Italy for ? Christmas in the UK this year then! x

Been here 18 months Lottie - long enough to know if it was going to work long term :).

A new adventure starts.

Yep - onwards and upwards :).

Well I did have great plans to get up early and start listing all the stuff I want to sell, am going to have a 'garage sale' advertised to local friends as a FB event and hopefully get rid of lots of kitchen stuff, etc - but instead I've slept in bigtime and it's 11am! I'm trying to achieve one useful thing a day over the next two months before I go, and yesterday reduced a load of paperwork, photos and other bits and bobs from 5 boxes to one - so that's a start.

This afternoon I'll catalogue all the things I want to sell (where is Gadget Queen Tibbs when I need her lol). Tomorrow will be sorting out clothes. I brought SO much stuff with me and am determined it's not all going back! A Neato robot vacuum, steam cleaner, the coffee machine (x 2 - one was a gift), the Nutri Ninja (which I love but want to buy the blender jug one when I get back), food processor (never used) and so on.

Also doing a similar 'life laundry' clean out in the kitchen, and coming up with ideas to use up foodstuffs - got lots of flour for some reason so will make pancakes and pizza bases; and a huge stale focaccia is in the fridge with sausage, pancetta, onion, garlic, sundried toms and an egg custard, ready to be cooked today as a savoury bread pudding thing. Not very low fat but I'm sure it will taste nice :). Got another focaccia there too (bought for the BBQ but not used) so thought I could do a sweet version and use up walnuts, sultanas, chia seeds and marmalade - again, not very diety but will use stuff up :).

Have a good one, ladies! xx

I've just finished my clearing out I always take 3 fly overs :D as the first is a Ooo ummm I'll just keep that , the 2 nd attempt is a "OK but what for" Then by the time I Get to the third it's usually a month or 2 , by which time I've still not used it and just making the decision to get rid or keep is now doing my Swede in so I just get rid and tell myself if I really wanted it would I have to ask :D. I also wanted to live with as little as possible to illiminte the chore of anyone dealing with my possessions once I expire.

I'm absent for a couple of months and everything changes.

I'm so glad you've got a date for coming back to the UK, you can see the tone of your posts change massively from pre-confirmed to post-confirmed :)

Hey Stackie!

Yep I'm a lot happier now I feel like things are back in control a bit :). Can't wait to get back. Just heard this afternoon from a guy who was living here and went back, and he's really happy with the decision.

Anyway - no choice, got to sort the flat out, got no money left, so it's for the best.

Lunch out with friends today, very nice and met some new people.

I love a bit of 'life laundry' ladyfelsham. So therapeutic!! :) Also, nice to make a bit of money back on any unwanted gadgets. I did a bit of that myself earlier this year. I didn't make much but it really felt like I was getting my life in order. What's the robot vacuum like? x

It's great - but I only used it twice in the UK, lugged it all the way here, couldn't use it because of the faulty wiring - and can't bear the thought of lugging it back again! :)

Morning all - another scorcher! Rain is promised for tomorrow, really hope it happens.

Newbie here! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread Susie; what an adventure you've been having! I lived in mainland Europe back in the mid-90's, and whilst it was a valuable experience I wouldn't be without, I didn't exactly enjoy it. That said, I still rather fancy the idea of spending my retirement years in warmer climes, if only for the winters. We shall have to see how things pan out over the next few years for that.

I hope you got your rain. I have relatives staying in scorching southern Spain at the moment, and there was a fire on the hillside behind their villa that had to be extinguished by planes... eek!

Thanks Chuckle - no rain, sadly - it has cooled down a little but fires are still breaking out here and there - and temps due to climb back up to the mid-high 30s over the next week.

I'm the same - wouldn't have been without this experience, but I am really looking forward to coming back. Funny, the things I miss - a good curry is at the top of the list. The only non Italian restaurant for miles is a Chinese, which is lovely every now and then. They serve a lot of fish here, being so close to the coast, but as I'm allergic, I often get quite boring substitute meals when we all go out for a meal. So am definitely excited about having some food variety back! :)

Got my bi-monthly electric bill today - held my breath as I opened it, because I've had the aircon running all night every night for two months now, but it was ok, €130 - phew!

Hello Suzie, ooo I'm away a couple of weeks and there you are with your new plan in motion..good on you for getting sorted once you'd made your decision. Wow, not long to pack up. Good ides about the garage sale..wish I was there to have a moochy:) Are you going to keep a blog going of your London adventures? When you get back to the UK do the cats need to be quarantined?
I was horrified to read of your neighbour starting a fire:eek: very stupid & very scary!
All that heat sounds unbearable, even with ac I'm sure I'd melt.
Hoping you were nowhere near the earthquakes my lovely X

Back