Susie's 2022 campaign

Hiya Katie! Long time no speak - but great to hear from you.

And yes to a get together - although I'll make mine sparkling water, i seem to have gone off alcohol! :classic_eek:

Later - the stifado was OK, but don't think I'll make it again. Because of the mixed spice it had a sweet taste to it and I prefer hearty meaty casseroles.

Tomorrow - the Hawaiian pasta bake :D.

Hi Katie! Serendipitous (although slightly sad) that we're back at the same time. You have much less to lose than me and you are so successful with low carbing that I'm sure you'll shift that 10kg in no time.

Susie - no alcohol??? When did this happen? How did you survive in Italy? I'm finding that particularly hard (hence lurking about on Minimins on a Saturday evening).

Susie - no alcohol??? When did this happen? How did you survive in Italy?

I drank red wine in Italy by the lakeful! :D Hard not to, really, 1 euro for a litre of gorgeous Montepulciano!

But when I got back, and after the work Christmas and NYE parties, where I had more than sufficient (!), I decided I wanted to give SW a fair go so am doing dry January - and TBH the thought of alcohol at the moment makes me feel a bit queasy - so it might go for longer.

Wow - maybe that'll happen to me some day. I'm dry for the duration of my VLCD, but it doesn't come naturally, and I'll be on it like a bonnet the second I finish! (That's a healthy attitude to alcohol, isn't it???) :p

1 euro for a litre of Montepulciano and I'd be dead in a year. ;)

LOL I was headed that way myself, like many ex pats I knew there - so I'm much happier now :).

Morning all - got up at half five this morning, woken by lots of planes overhead from 4.30am (grrr), so had brekkie and a cup of tea. The tea made me sleepy so at 7.30am I went back to bed for three hours. Such a delicious sleep in, with both cats on the bed and behaving :).

And even though it's cold outside the news of the day from my SW FB group is ice cream :), In particular, two new brands, Oppo and Halo, both low cal and apparently very nice. I had Oppo vanilla delivered yesterday so will report back. Also, a new fruit and nut Hifi is available at group from tomorrow - can see that being a fav - although I had high hopes for the coconut one and it's foul, I really had to force it down :classic_roll_eyes::classic_tongue:.

B - HEB toast with 2 slices of dairylea light slices and two dry fried eggs (4.5 - the cheese could be an HEA but want to save it)
L - speed soup with chicken
D - not sure yet, campfire stew or the Hawaiian pasta

Have a good one x

I've just had an email from pinch of Nom that's got the ice cream listed..the salted caramel sounds good :classic_tongue:
You're doing well Suzie..menu's have been good all week, you'll be smashing it, fingers crossed for getting your bluey X

Nice lazy Sunday Susie. I had a big lie in. Food sounds good - it's always nicer at the weekend, isn't it?

Morning lay-dees! :D

Wowser I slept through the alarm for eight minutes this morning, very unlike me (but i was awake during the night with RLS for an hour or two). feel very chirpy though and ready to face the week :).

The campfire stew tastes nice, although I added extra chilli flakes. Now got four servings in the freezer in my new storage dishes (glass ones with plastic lids which have a vent), plus two of the stifado. If I have the energy after class Ill make the Hawaiian pasta bake tonight - although it involved using the pineapple corer, which might sap my remaining get up and go :D.

B - coffee, forgot to make something
L - campfire stew and super speed soup
D - curried lamb and spinach
S - the new fruit and nut Hifis! We have a really good FB group and I've got one of the class 'helpers' to keep me back a box. Some people are really greedy, they buy heaps and then sell them on eBay for squillions, so I think the consultant might ration them.

feeling vaguely optimistic about WI tonight - but who knows! See you on the other side!

It so annoys me when people buy things in bulk purely for the reasons of re-selling on eBay. I know the storage dishes you've got😸Boxes are another of my passions:classic_big_grin:..what a geek I am 🤓:classic_big_grin: X

A four leaf clover for today 🍀

Last edited:
Well that makes me a geek too :D I know they are specially treated glass but I hope they are OK going from freezer to microwave/oven and don't smash to smithereens!

Good luck for tonight Susie (with both bars and weigh-in)!

2 off here this week. :)

Susie you star! That's an amazing loss after last week. So proud of you. :innocent002:

Yay:wee: brilliant result Suzie..bet you're well chuffed with slimmer of the week😺Proud of you there sis ⭐
Had to smile at your thoughts about the boxes..that's why I haven't bought them😸

Thank you lovely peeps, I'm ever so slightly peeved about that half pound but very happy over all. Actually I'm feeling very upbeat and optimistic about lots of things at the moment, which I'm loving, after so much upheaval! :classic_cool:

@Tibbs I tried out the glass storage box last night, only from the fridge to m'wave, but of course it was fine. Silly to be worried when not one of the Am reviewers had experienced anything bad :classic_oops:.

Food today -

B - WW wrap (HEB) with chill puree, roast beef and lettuce toasted (very nice too), coffee
L - campfire stew (hope the office survives all those beans :classic_eek::classic_roll_eyes:) and an orange
D - SS soup and pasta bake

Am experimenting with ACV and lemon juice of a morning. First week I had it, last week I didn't, so back on it this morning. Not very scientific but hey, it's me :D. Will also try and do more herbal tea this week. Interestingly I had hardly any water last week and can't say I missed drinking it - certainly didn't miss 100 loo breaks a day!

And I'll leave you with that lovely thought :D

You seem really focused Suzie and your food sounds lush..I'll have to investigate the campfire stew recipe. I'd never thought of toasting a wrap, good idea😺X

I'm also waiting for a delivery of a bread called Lo Dough - only two syns a piece and it seems really versatile, can use it for pizza/quiche bases and all sorts. Expensive, but it's worth it for the love of my life BREAD (and can i just say how much i loved pasting that pic straight in!).

1516715740676.png

Hey Susie,

Am just catching up and I'm so happy to see you doing so well. Your losses are amazing! Are you knees feeling better?

Bread looks amazing :)

Back